Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

In the Lab

Alice had come to the labto give her father some lunch. He got so tied up at the Lab that he would forget to eat or would simply stay there days on end. It did not bother her really, he was going important work, making tomatos that could grow anywhere, finding new ways to kill virusis, and other things to benifit the world. Or so she ahd been told.

She stopped when she noticed the door to one of the closed labs was open. A closed lab was very secure, only some people could enter and they could only stay for so long. She pushed the door the rest ot the way open and froze. It looked like a war had happened, it seemed every incce had been turned over andthat was when she saw her father laying still in the corner.

She dropped the bag she had been carrying and ran over to him. She bent over him tears rolling down her cheeks. It looke dlike someone hadtried to aid him but did not know enough to succed. She rested her head on his chest crying softly. It was easy to tell she was his daughter. They both had the same red hair and blue eyes, they also shared lips and eyes. her nose was smaller then his and less flat but anyone with half a brain could see they were related.

He had not been given a name, only a serial number, '#16' he stood at a tall 6ft 5, his hair was blond and it was cut short. Though not long into training he got the nickname Tank, simply because of his size and build.

Earlier it had come to his attention that the other subjects were unhappy with the conditions they were kept in and planned to get back at those who caused them to live in this hell. Tank told them he wanted no part of it and so they left him be and he ignored their talks. He only got involved when it began, his cellmate killed the young man who brought them to the test hall and began shutting off the field that kept them away from the gates.

Tank tried to stop them but was soon overpowered, he only managed to fight off a few when he saw they were after the doctor. By the time he got to him, they had killed him. He waited in the shadows as the girl came in, the doctors daughter by the look of it, he moved towards her from behind, "Is he your father?", his voice was detached and almost uncaring, but it was not his fault.

Alice went stiff at the sound of someone talking form behind her. SheSlowly opened her eyes only then seeing the small fire arm her fathercarried as well as his pass card were gone. "Yes." She said quietly her vocie holding the same accent the doctor spoke with. They were from a rather large island, their nation had been one fo the first to take the great strieds that lead the earth to its current state.

she runed her eyes red and puffy. "Who are you?" She asked her tone changing. She did not reconize him. Which was odd since her father had been trying to get her to date evey young man in this place. She stood up slowly which did not change anything really she was still a lot smaller then him. "And why isn't security here?'

"I am sixteen, but you may call me tank", he sighed, "Security had been decimated, they arrived earlier while I was trying to save your father, because of their interference he lost his life". He slammed a fist into the wall as he spoke the last word, the doctors death had affected him strangely, as he was not meant to feel emotion.

He held out the doctors weapon to the girl, "Here, I have failed, I assume you know the procedure". He was talking about the fact that any soldier that failed a test would be killed. This was normal for him and the others and so he did not look worried.

Alice looked confused she shook her head at the offer of the gun. "I am sorry but I don't understand." She said softly. She looked back to her father, "You knew him?" She asked trying to stay calm. It would not suprize her that even a work like him would have had some attatchment to her father. he was a good perosn very nice, and had no idea what lay behind what he was doing.

She sighed softly andtok the gun setting it to the side, "he never like that thing. they told him to carry it just in case though." She said softly.She looked up meeting Tank's eyes, "Did you do that?" She asked waving to the left over supplies scattered around her father.

He blinked when she told him she didn't understand, "Normally if we fail a test we are terminated", he chuckled, it was more of a cold laugh than a happy one. He nodded, "If you mean trying to help him, then yes, but.....my brothers are the ones who killed him", his voice was full of disgust. "Are you going to shoot me, or have I somehow been given an exemption again?", his tone was now confused.

"No I am not going to shoot you!" Alice sounded outraged, "It seems like you did your best to try to help." She shared his confused tone. She sighed and ran her hands through her hair, "We need to let someone know what happeend." She said finally. 'Do you know if...your brothers killed everyone in the bulding?" She asked.

He walked over to a console and entered a short command, "Yes, all staff chips are silent", he didn't turn around, "I'm sorry I could not be of more use". He made a sound like a growl and gripped the edge of the console tight enough to crush it, "They have escaped, the city is now in danger".

Alice walked over to him and set her hand on his arm. "It is alright. we will go to the police,let them know what happened. They are trained for attacks." She said softly trying to sooth him. Much like her father Alice had a large heart. "dose that sound good to you?"

He looked at her, his eyes cold, "We are capable of surviving a direct hit from a tank shell, the police are powerless, your father was the only one who knew how to kill us, and the bullets in his gun are all that remain of those weapons". He sat down, but it looked more like collapsing, "It is hopeless, unless you have his genius?".

"No I don't. I am nor artistic then brainy." Alice said softly. when the soldiers were with her father music was always being played in the back ground. Not only was it there to help calm the nerves but he was very porud and would ask their opinion on the music then happily say it was his daughter. "And my father has always only carried sleeping rounds never anything leathal, he would never kill anyone."

He cursed loudly and shot to his feet, "So that's it then, the city is doomed and there is no way to kill my brothers?!", he was furious, "I won't stand for this, anything is possible so they must be able to die!". He turned to her again, "Will you help me?", his voice became calm immediately.

"Yes I will help you." Alice said quietly. "My father save his work twice here and at home. Maybe there is something on his computer that can help?" She suggested looking at her father saddly. He had done nothing to bring about such a violent death.

He began to pace, "It's possible, we can't be perfect, he was smart enough to know this was a possibility, so there must be a way to kill us", he spoke about it so calmly that most people would find him frightening, maybe even think he was crazy. "Would you know his password?", he had not had the chance to go through the hacking module of the computers programing tests.

"Yes. I think his files are in code though so they would have to be broken." Alice said nodding. She knew how to her father's files no problem reading them was another thing. 'He did not like me reading the files, I mean the medication is working but he still worrys."

He nodded somberly, "I think I may be able to decode them, but that's only a hope", he chuckled sadly and tried to smile. "Perhaps it is safest to do this in the labs, my brothers have no intention of coming back here", he sounded sure of this.

"I do not know my Father's pass codes for his lab. He did not want me seeing the files on my medications." She explained. "we have to go to my house." She reached herhand outin an offer to go with him an help him get this done.

"The streets are no longer safe, I will not risk the life of an innocent, not as long as you are near enough to be regarded as in my care", he was remaining loyal to his belief of how things worked. "Do you know of a route that is not out in the open, then I will let you take me to your home", he was trying to think of someway to avoid all contact with his so called brothers.

"Not really, my hose is across town. I have my car with me. It is armored, my father has all our cars and home beefed up when it comes to security." She sighed softly and closed her eyes trying to think.

He walked calmly to the wall and gripped a pipe, he paused before tearing it off the wall and holding it like a staff, "Lead the way, I will try not to fail a second time".

She nodded her head and walked down the door. She walked with him down the hall and out the door. Eveything seemed normal except for the fact that there were no guards in the gradge. She lead him to her car a bulky thing that looked like a bomb could be dropped on it and it would be fine.

He followed calmly, slowly he would turn his head from side to side watching everything. All of his movements were careful and calculated, though to the untrained eye he was just a rather large man.

She unlokced the car and got it. after he was in she drove off heading to her house. She made sure to avoid the main roads sticking to the side streets. Finally they got to her house and she climbed out after parking in the garade. "His office is in the back." She said opeening the door that lead into the house.

He nodded briefly before walking past her and into the house, he just made his way to the back and began opening doors at random until he found the right one, "There is a second door behind here, I assume you know the code?".

She nodded and walked up punching a few numbers in. When the door slid open it showed a simple room. Softblue walls a few pictures of the Doctor and his family. The only outof place thing was a large monitor and a great deal of files. She walked up to the computer nd started to type bringing up his notes. "There you are."

Back
Top Bottom