Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Sexiest Woman on BM Nominations

Luna had the idea originally. When she made a similar contest for the menz

Yes, I know. I voted for Kaios.

Since he and one other user I've seen in person.

Plus He has to get my vote since he is my ex. XD

I'll most likely vote for da Chan (Angie) if she gets put up.

:eek: You should have a new thread open, and have pictures of all the people who can vote for in the very first post. That way people can see them all and vote. :3

Wolf_Demon, why on earth would you nominate me?

Maybe I can sneak out of this competition by not reposting a picture of myself.

=)

Nurse_K said:
Wolf_Demon, why on earth would you nominate me?

Maybe I can sneak out of this competition by not reposting a picture of myself.

=)
Because, I can and I think you deserve it. Now, all I have to do is dig up photos.

this is the pic of josieanna

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://i43.tinypic.com/358qmo2.jpg">http://i43.tinypic.com/358qmo2.jpg</a><!-- m -->

Yeah, honestly, this is asking people to pick favorites from amongst our friends based entirely on appearance. I'm really rather uncomfortable with that; I won't vote, I'm afraid.

In part, it's because I can't decide among many lovely choices. In part, it's because I don't want to be superficial. And in part, I don't think any of the nominees should NOT take a prize.

You say that Mr, but don't you think just a nomination is an honor of itself?
And it's not to say that anyone is more attractive than another based entirely on looks.
It's about popularity, posturing, working the crowds, making friends.
I fail to see anything superficial about it, in the scheme of things.

That's to say that you honestly believe people to vote based on looks and not attraction, and attraction has so many other things going into it than just a pretty face.

Lieutenant Ducky said:
You say that Mr, but don't you think just a nomination is an honor of itself?
And it's not to say that anyone is more attractive than another based entirely on looks.
It's about popularity, posturing, working the crowds, making friends.
I fail to see anything superficial about it, in the scheme of things.

That's to say that you honestly believe people to vote based on looks and not attraction, and attraction has so many other things going into it than just a pretty face.

Then why are you required to post a picture of your nominee?

Because using the term sexiest still implies looks ARE involved.
Just not the dominating factor.
o_O
It's really not a complex idea.
If it were PURELY a popularity complex, it would have a different title.

I guess my biggest thing is, I think all the nominees are worthy. I don't intend to pick just one.

Also, individual tastes of appearance and personality vary so widely, and I can't really say anyone is incorrect for having a taste or preference. It doesn't make sense to me to kind of force a contest on that basis. I just don't want anyone to feel badly, even a little bit. And in any popularity or appearance contest, SOMEBODY is going to feel badly. Doesn't it mean you're not popular if you don't win? That doesn't seem fair, because all these women are popular and gorgeous and attractive.

I mean, if y'all are good with that, by all means, continue. I just thought I wanted to voice my objection, and then this defense, and then I'm out. It's good if you want to volunteer yourself for such a contest, but involuntary participation just can only lead to hurt feelings, is my thought.

Good luck, though!

Lyra said:
Luna had the idea originally. When she made a similar contest for the menz
The fact that my name was even mentioned in this thread makes me happy.

See, personally, I'd just love to scan back through the PYP thread and nominate the hell out of bunches of peoples.
Like, I've seen a picture of Miss Luna.
I do think she's a pretty gal.
I think she belongs on the list as much as anyone else.
Plus, I know she's likely a sweetheart, even if we don't always mesh well.
*shrugs*

I sort of agree with Ducky here - I mean, isn't it sorta nice to be nominated at least? I mean, that's a vote of confidence in and of itself. It's all in good fun, really. I mean, I haven't been nominated and I don't really care. It's not worth getting upset over for those of us who haven't been nominated. Is it a tad like a popularity contest? I guess so, but it's still all in good fun, I feel. It's sorta how the whole world works, so. ><

Honestly I nominated Ruby because I think she's lovely overall... But, if she's so against the idea of being in, I don't think it's fair to force her hand in participation. That, and I won't repost a picture of her - it's not my picture to post, so. I mean, yes, she already posted it, but... I dunno. I don't feel comfortable with that. I sorta agree that perhaps the nominees should have to post their own pictures and agree to it... Forcing somebody into the contest seems a little... Eh.

In the end I think it's just BM being silly, just having a little fun.
I apologize for having upset you, Ruby, if that's what happened - I really didn't mean it. I figured a nomination was a nice thing, nothing bad. I meant no harm.

See, actually, that's something I can support:

Nominations should be from anyone. Nominations are free, just means that people like you enough to think you qualify.

But actual participation would have to be voluntary. No posting someone else's photos; if a woman gets nominated, she can feel loved (because she is), but if she doesn't want to subject herself to the actual competition, that's her call.

That kind of arrangement, I could get behind.

I nominate every single female on BM.

Silly I know, but I think everyone is pretty. Heart, soul, and looks.

Thats sweet of you to say, Lieutenent Ducky.

I'm simply happy with an honorable mention, because I know I'd flat out lose if I was nominated. Not because I'm ugly, but I'm just not well known around GD, and if I am its not really a good kind of known. ^^;;

My feeling would be hurt if I was nominated and got no votes. xD

Here are my pic's, since I was nominated.

-___-;

untitled-2.jpg

IMG00081.jpg

Understandable. But it's still meant.

Side note:
HAY TENSHI!!!
A few people were talking, and perhaps it would seem more appealing an idea if a person isn't limited to just ONE vote.
If you're willing to give the voter a handful of votes to use up, instead of just one solitary vote, it would seem a little less....harsh.

Back
Top Bottom