Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Dungeons and Dragons

And to think that loot could have been spent on some nice magic gear..Alas!

I know this isn't D&D, but has anyone played D20 Modern? You can totally junction D&D into it. I think it's pretty sweet.

To my knowledge, yes.

My campaigns can get pretty insane. Swords? Yeees. Guns? VERY yes! Both in the same campaign with magic and multiple races?

Well, I think you know the answer. :cool:

Huh, kinda sounds like the campaign I'm running.

I've adapted 4th edition into a modernizing campaign setting.

Just a tad steam punk with plenty of sci-fi.

I can't say I know a lot about the components that make up a steampunk setting, but I'm definitely interested in it.

Well I'm not horridly good with the steam punk aspect. But I'm making it as interesting as I can.

It's an evil campaign because my group wanted a change of pace.

So far they've been ship wrecked, they've almost taken over a small fishing village on the western portion of the continent, they've raved and looted in a larger town south on the coast.

And at the moment they're on a quest infiltrating a seemingly abandoned mansion investigating if the owner is alive or dead (he hasn't been paying his protection money to the thieves guild)

Upon searching the mansion they've run into automated cleaning bots about the size of large beetles. Self playing pianos, a rail guided holographic bartender, and a sentient robot by the name of Pollix Blue that has downloaded the contents of their brains into his own memory.

Sounds like fun.^^

Since I'm going to start up my GRP thread soon, I'm thinking I'll use a setting that my friends and I have been working on for years.

Tears of Scarlet.

Sorry if I'm being vague. It usually takes me a long time to type out a message on this PSP, so I tend to shorten the message more than I should. ^^;

Anyway, I should be able to put it up later tonight, so feel free to stop by and check it out if you're interested.

I guess I just didn't like 4E because everyone was too similar. All the powers did 1d6+whatever. Even the little bit of tactical choice went away as you used up all your encounters and daily powers, and then it was the same flowchart, make a move, at-will, next turn.

So I'll be sticking with 3.5, taking what I can from 4E, and Pathfinder. And I'll laugh at the little inconsistancies of each edition. And mostly I'll just enjoy joking around the table with my friends.

Is using up your encounters and dailies any different than running out of spells?

It certainly is not, but in 3.5 only spellcasters ran out of spells. And I have houserules for that minor problem. In 4E everyone runs out and uses the same attack to grind away what's left.

Only spell casters ran out of spells yes, but the problem is that no one else had much of anything to do but position and strike.

That's more of a creativity being bound by rules issue. Changing the ruleset won't change that problem, and 4E limits your choices even more from the sessions I played.

Meh, it's not a huge thing. I like both, not equally though. 3.5 still holds a place dear to me.

I haven't played either in a while, been working on my Star Wars campaign.

Things have been pretty hectic with me moving, and then deploying. So my gaming schedule has been fucked. It also didn't help that the new group we got together with had a player that didn't get along with me and my wife.

I had some great groups back in Savannah, and one of the guys there had moved out to Texas awhile back. So I figured we should be pretty well set up. Then the drama starts. And I'm beginning to think we need to drop this group like a bad habit. Reading comprehension skills do not seem high.

=3 I've always wanted to play D&D but I don't know a local group that I could do it with. I'm working on it though!

It's not too hard to find people to play with, recruite friends, and if that's a no go then going to a local gaming shop and asking if people play there works. I know the two shops around me both host D&D groups late on the weekends.

If all else fails, you can always ask around here. There's been talk of online games being set up.

Back
Top Bottom