Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Work is hard ((Candira and Puppyslave))

"Ummm, somehow, I think we might be just a little overly conspicuous at the diner in your car," she said with a chuckle. "I think it's too late for that now, though, huh?"

He smiled at her"I guess that's true"He said and chuckled. He parked and got out, helping her out of the other side. When they were both out of the sleek car, he locked it up and turned the alarm on by habit before leading her inside

Feeling somehow out of place in this picture, she followed him into the diner and asked for a booth. She hoped that none of the other patrons had seen them--not that she would be embarrassed, but people in diners usually tended to not care who could hear their conversations, and she didn't want to be a part of any. Then again, those things seemed to be worth it to be in the company of Matthew. "I'm really hungry, how about you?" she asked as she opened the menu straight to the dinner page and looked at all of the entrees.

He let her take the lead since she had been there before. he heard a few comments about his car and smiled as he heard more comments about her looks. He opened up the menu"I'm hungry too. What do you recommend?"He asked, setting the menu down and looking at her, a smile on his face as he looked at the beauty across from him

It took all the composure she had to not blush under the intensity of his stare. April wondered if he knew what he did to women as they sat across from him while he merely watched. "Well...I suppose it depends on what you're in the mood for. If you like pasta, they have good Chicken parmesean. If you're more of a meat and potatoes person, I like their roast beef plate, which is what I think I'll have." She tried to focus on the menu and the man across from her instead of the pangs in her stomach that always came whenever she heard other people talking about her--good or bad.

He nodded as she talked and smiled"I'll have the same"he said and let her order as the waitress came over. When she left, he looked at April"Relax. You look beautiful today"

This time, she did blush. "I..." April struggled for words until she just gave up. "You really think so?" She asked, tilting her head to the side.

He smiled at her blush"Of course. I wouldn't lie to you"He said and had a waitress bring them shakes.

April smiled and thanked the waitress for her drink. "Well thank you for asking me to dinner. I guess I'll have to wear my dress more often," she said with a little smile. He looked happy, and she loved it when he smiled at her. "So why don't you tell me something about yourself?"

He thanked the waitress and smiled more"That'd be nice"He said and chuckled"Well, I own this company you might know"He teased"I think I'm going to start dating. What about you?"

"As you might know, I work for you," she teased. "And I'm thinking about dating. But you've hardly told my anything about you. I want to know more."

He chuckled at that"We could date each other"He offered and then shrugged"Tell me what you want to know"

She smiled and nodded. "Well, if you want to date me, I'd be glad to oblige," she said. "But tell me what you do when you're not at work? What kind of music do you like? Stuff like that."

He smiled"I'd feel honored to date you"He said and then shifted a little"I like almost anything except country and rap. I usually read a book or watch television when I'm off"

"What kind of books?" she asked, sipping at her shake, keeping her eyes on her handsome boss. She watched as a few of the waitresses passed by, staring at him.

He shrugged"Fantasy, scifi, and books like those"He said and chuckled as their food was brought to them

"I like those too," she said with a little smile. "I haven't had a lot of time to read lately, though. Been busy taking care of things." She shrugged and picked up her fork, starting in on the steamed broccoli on her plate. "Actually, I've been on a pretty huge video game stint lately on the weekends.

He smiled at her as he ate"I started getting into video games lately"He said and chuckled"Want to play video games this weekend?"He asked, looking at her

"Sure. It sounds like fun." She took another sip of her shake and went for more food, enjoying his company and the way he watched her. "So where do you live, anyway?" She'd always wondered about his living arrangements.

He sipped on the shake a little and smiled at her"I love up in the hills just outside of the city"He said and smiled at her"Where do you live?"

"I have a little apartment in the city. It's close enough where I could walk to work if I really had to, but I'd like it if I could drive much better." She shrugged and thought of the little place she rented--the tiny kitchen, the fairly spacious bedroom and the tiny bathroom. She had a nice sized living room though. It was nothing particularly special.

He smiled at that"I could drive you"He offered as he ate more of his food. He wanted to spend as much time with her as he could and the offer was another reason to get together with her

His offer was one that she didn't want to refuse, but she wondered if her car would be alright overnight in the parking lot. "Well, sure...but you'd have to pick me up in the morning unless you send someone to the office to bring me my car," she said, still smiling. "I hope that's not a problem. I really don't have another way to get to work."

He smiled, flashing pearly whites"I meant I could drive you to and from work. I could drop you off at your car tonight and follow you home so I know where to pick you up"He said and finished his food

"Sure. That'll be nice. Thank you for all of this, by the way." She smiled and finished off her food and shake, enjoying him.

Back
Top Bottom