Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Whistling Gypsy Rover (Nekrosilisk and Duchess)

Her eyes snapped open and she bolted up, she looked to the ceiling and got up going outside and looking up at the roof, she growled softly when she saw him on the roof " what in the hell are you doing, im trying to sleep " she almost roared out ready to just lay into him to make him wish he hadn't woken her up.

The violin screeched as he stopped suddenly, and looked down at her glaring. "And I'm trying to think. I can't do that with you shrieking at me." A few moments later he was back on his back his foot tapping out a rhythm and another filk started up.

She growled dangerously and jumped up on the roof quite gracefully and glared down at him " then why don't you go and think somewhere else other than the roof of this cabin " she demanded as she stood above him barefooted and quite balance, he could now get a good look at her tail the long and fluffy thing curled around her ankle and was tied with.... pink bows?! that probably showed a more femine side of her that she liked to keep hidden but now it was exposed " now don't force me to break that " she said referring to the violin itself.

Mica seemed to ignore her and kept playing, though eyes that were sharp and trained could see slight changes in the tensing of his body as he prepared for the attack that was to come. It wasn't the first time that someone had tried this with him, nor did he think it would be the last.

She growled at him ignoring her but soon kept herself in check and cleared her throat ,she liked violin music but not when it was upbeat, as long as it was slow and low tuning almost hypnotic in a way " how about this, play something to sing someone to sleep, i like the up beatness of a violin but not when i am trying to sleep, can you play something different please and i will leave you alone... unless your mission was to keep me up with you thought all hours of the night"

He kept playing for minute before pausing as if considering her offer. "Give me something. If I know it well you've got a deal. Though the latter does sound by far more amusing." A wry grin crossed his face at that point. It was easy to see the gears turning in his mind as he considered the latter option.

She shook her head " Its called my way by Valeri Glava" she had hoped he had heard of it as she jumped down and moved back in to the cabin laying back down and closing her eyes slowly.

As she entered the cabin, his foot started tapping out the slow steady rhythm of the song. He decided to play nice for now. He could be a pain in the morning and rouse with a good old chantey. As the dulcet tones filtered through the air, the entire camp seemed to quiet down for the night. After a few minutes his foot finally stopped tapping, and a couple hours later even he drifted off.

She breathed softly quite comfortable in the small cabin, and even she tossed around a little bit staying asleep as the sun started to peek over the horizon at sun up, she remained asleep before the sun shined over her face, she opened her eyes slowly and yawned a big yawn before standing up slowly and stretching in a cat like manner.

Mica'd been up since just before sunrise. He'd been on the wrong end of women, namely his sister, who didn't get their beauty sleep before, so he decided to play nice and not wake up the woman sleeping in his bed. He watched the sunrise, and started wondering about what old grandmother meant by their destinies being intertwined.

He shook his head. He'd given up understanding anything she said years ago. Hanging by his legs he swung over the edge of the roof and rapped on the caravan door. "Rise and shine princess! I need to finish packing yet if you want to get out of here at a decent hour."

The door flew open immediately and she stepped out with her boots on and her cloak on her arm, she gazed up at his upside down form dangling there " you have 20 minutes" and stepped down and moving past him heading towards her horse and started to get ready to leave, she was done in a matter of five minutes and sat down on a log to wait for him.

it didn't take Mica long to pack. Within five minutes of entering the door, he had a pack stuffed with a few changes of clothes, and his violin stored away. He strapped his rapier to his waste, placed his violin case in his pack, and was out the door, grabbing his knife on the way out. His pack on his back, he made his way to the horses, and started strapping his knife to his wrist. Along the way he stooped down and picked up a small stone.

He looked Mara and smiled. "So princess you ready to go?" By this point the whole camp was waking up to see the two travelers off on their journey.

eyed him quietly and stood heading for her horse and hoisted herself up " you didn't take long" she said and watched the camp come to life as she sat up and let out another yawn slowly, we better hurry town is a days ride from here " she said bluntly turning her horse to start off.

Mica rolled his eyes as he mounted up on his own horse. "Yeah well I was trying to avoid this." He jerked his thumb over at the rest of the caravan. They were all smiling as they watched them ride off. Old Grandmother was suspiciously absent, and it caught his attention.

As they rode past, a tigress with a familial resemblance, who had to be nearing 30 leaned over giving everyone clear view of her cleavage, while wagging her rear and making a lewd gesture. "Make sure you write me with all the gory detail Mica!"Less than a second later, something zinged through the air, nailed her on the head, and left her in a stunned heap. Mica whistled innocently as they rode out of the camp, and out of sight.

She couldn't help but laugh when he threw the rock, she knew it had been him and that made her laugh horribly after they were out of sight, she probably looked rather goofy at the moment but she didn't care, she cleared her throat and went back to her normal state while they rode in silence for about an hour, she looked at him and made a slightly sound before asking " did you live with them all your life till now?" she asked having seen his face when they left.

Mica nodded. "Yeah most of it. Mom, dad and sis traveled with another caravan that fell apart when i was little. I don't remember too much about that. The joined up with this one a while later. Its the one I grew up in. We aren't the roving bands of thieves that people think. We're really more like family groups." He rode along side her in silence. He had one question burning in his mind, but it was also the one he knew he couldn't ask her.

She watched him after he talked, and got the feeling that he wanted to say something, but it took her a minute to say " you look troubled..." she looked away from him and kept riding quietly beside him letting the spring air fly around them ruffling her hair up and blowing her tail slightly.

Mica shook his head. "Nothing you can help me with. When Old Grandmother says its best not to talk of something, Its better that you don't. She may seem crazy some days, but she's seen a lot, and is wiser than most would assume from first glance."

She rolled her eyes and kept her thoughts about the old crone to herself, she didn't want to upset him and create a quiet ride into town, she very much liked the company but wasn't sure as to how to make small talk, she didn't say anything further and looked up at the morning sun smiling to herself, she turned around in her saddle and filtered through the many bags she had there and pulled out two things that were wrapped in a type of cloth " hungry?"

Mica held his hand open to catch the package, guiding the horse with his knees. The beast wavered down the road a bit, but kept going relatively straight. He was obviously not someone who road horses that often. "Sure what you got?"

" MMM raw salted pork" she rolled her eyes and tossed the piece over to him while she used her own legs to guild the horse easily before biting into the meat as they rode, she was like a hungry female with new prey just ripping into the meat like it was still alive to cry out.

Mica wasn't as savage as Mara while he was eating, but he wasn't quiet either. He was just short of scarfing his food down. He take a mouthful, chewing it loudly, for a bit before taking another bite, and swallowing half of what was in his mouth. "So where you headed anyway." He said this between mouthfuls as he got ready to down the last of the pork she'd given him.

She ate and licked her lips before storing the cloth away " mmm i still have two towns to go through i can never pronounce the names so i don't try" she looked at him and pushed her hair back " are you stopping in the next town?" she asked and looked at him looking up at the sky idly.

Mica chuckled lightly. "Sorry princess you don't get to ditch me that easily. I'm following you until we meet back up with the caravan, and I honestly have no idea when that'll be." He gave her an evil grin, one that didn't entail harm, but at the same time said he was going to enjoy this.

She looked at him now and then turned her head away " Lovely " she said quietly before they came out of the woods, she stopped at the edge and looked down at the wide open valley that was just breath taking , she gazed at it for a moment before looking back at him " you see that tree in the middle of the field there, she pointed out to it, and who could miss it.. the tall standing tree with it grand branches and green leaves that moved in the wind, it was way way out there but still noticeable.

Back
Top Bottom