Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Skin colors-Do they really control attraction?

What do you prefer?

• My own race.

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • I don't judge by skin color.

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • I don't like a specific ethnicity, but all the others are fine.

Votes: 6 35.3%

• Total voters
Inspired from TheDarkerMe's topic.

I'm one of those girls who are attracted to personalities. I rarely rule out anyone because of physical features.

I'm not really into black girls.

This quote made me wonder.

I've only dated two black guys in my life. Does that mean I'm not into them? No. It means I hate the stereotypical black person.

So, do the stereo types chase YOU away? Or the actual color of the skin?

The stereotypes don't scare me away. But don't think I would be able to date someone who... stole TVs for a living, and sat around all day drinking kool-aid and eating fried chicken. But that's not what all black people do, I'm sure quite a few like kool-aid, but that's just because it's awesome. But no, the "stereotype" of a race doesn't really chase me away...

But how would you know that they do that if you don't give them a chance?

Oh, I found this amusing too.

Its not that I don't talk to Mexicans because I find them unnattractive, I just can't understand them.

I like to help spanish people who can barely speak english. I actually dated a dominican guy who started off poorly but got better. He was nice, but his family seperated us.

I had a brief relationship with a black lady who regularly got crap from her family for being 'white on the inside', and I suppose she was. The difference between her and her brother (Who happened to be my dealer - Which worked out well for me) was stunning. The first time I called him for an order, The phone somehow got passed around a few of his friends before winding up in his hands, and I didn't understand anything any of them said. If ebonics isn't a separate language, I don't know how else to describe it.

But yes, anyway, I can't stand anyone that's a stereotype. I got a lot of exposure at my last job. Mr. Goldstein, who had such a goddamn bad jew accent I could see his nose from my cubicle called to try and get even more money off a blackberry he had already bought for far below market value, the owner of Gomez Gardening, who gets his bill delivered in spanish and still insists on speaking to an english rep even though his accent is impenetrable, the very black 'Bidniz' man who I could hear making a drug deal when he put me on 'hold', and the Indianapolis homophobe who called me gay twice and a queer three times in the first 60 seconds of the call...

Ebonics is a dialect. I wish it would get recognized as such because some people aren't stupid, they just speak dialectual English and have a hard time learning Standard English because of it. I mean, I'm a big grammar nerd and I still frame things 'incorrectly' or 'mispronounce' them due to hearing the dialect around me.

I generally am a fan of all skin colors, though. I'm pleased by the mix of hair textures, skin colors, eye colors, etc, though I'm rarely sexually attracted to someone based only on looks.

I generally feel bad because when I hear the gang slang coming out of someones mouth I get annoyed and deem them unintelligent.

But I'm sure some if not most would get ridiculed for 'talking white' if they spoke proper english. But those that do speak proper I applaude and admire them.

What is 'proper'? Standard? Not if that's the sort you use in your culture.

I mean, just because someone speaks their vernacular, that doesn't mean they're unintelligent.

Thats why I said I felt bad.

Judgement is hard to overcome. I do it because I'm human. I can't help but to do it as much as I try not to.

Thats why I stated my theory on why some if not most do it.

Kawamura said:
What is 'proper'? Standard? Not if that's the sort you use in your culture.

I mean, just because someone speaks their vernacular, that doesn't mean they're unintelligent.

I totally agree. I mean, it's possible that they aren't well educated in 'proper' English, but 'Ebonics' is more part of a culture or style. It's just slang, and what I mean by style/ culture is that it's used by a variety of races now days, not just 'black people'. Just like skaters and surfers and shit have their own lingo that some of us may not understand, people who fit into their certain category have their own vocab. Why aren't surfers and others thought of as illiterate? So, I in fact resent the name Ebonics for hood slang all together, because it's use is not limited to black people only.

Btw, race/ skin color doesn't bug me, it's all about the vibes they give and their personality and heart. ;3

I care about the personality more, I've dated guys from every race. I don't mind the slang, lingo, and dialects. However, I have an extremely difficult time dating someone who I can't understand what they're saying because of a strong accent. If they're patient with me asking them "what was that again?" then I can deal with it. :3

It all depends on the man. I have seen good looking men from all backgrounds. And some have made me drool.

It's not skin color, it's a matter of behavior and physical features.

Hero said:
It's not skin color, it's a matter of behavior and physical features.

Agreed. For me, black women usually don't appeal to me because of their physical characteristics. Not trying to sound shallow here (Because I'm not really) but I am a man, and we are visually stimulated creatures. I'm mostly a face person...gotta have a nice face.

But Personality is crucial. Most black women I see are...well stereotypical black women. They like to think of themselves as "Shawty" and are from the "Ghetto". Usually the black people I do associate with "act white".

In conclusion, I do find some black women attractive, but it is kind of rare for me to find.

Now you talk to me about some asian chicks. Ho. Boy. I have yellow fever.

Back
Top Bottom