Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Welcome to Atlantis Academy! (Lia && Chokuro)

"Oi!" Tomias perked up and quiclky took a hold of his hand, stopping him and looking at the other. "Erm. Please don't ... leave forever. I know it's selfish of me, but I would love to be able to catch up and let you know how much of an idiot I feel like?" He sighed softly, glancing inside the restaurant a moment before turning back to the other, smiling gently. "I have a cell phone now! I'm quite modern. Even have an apartment."

"Err..." Nikkos looked at the other, studying him without looking directly at his eyes. He had missed Tomias... And what would it hurt, anyway? The brunette nodded a bit. "Yeah. Um. Next weekend, I guess. I'm stuck on campus during the week." It wasn't strictly true, but Nikkos wanted the time to examine his own feelings, and to prepare himself for whatever might happen when they met up. "Just... We'll meet here or something, okay?" Smiling, the brunette turned and entered the restaurant, sure that Tomias would let him know what day and time to meet him.

Tomias nodded and next week, he was happily sitting on one of the benches in the plaza. His knees puled to his chest and his eyes staying in front of him while he waited for the other. He tapped his fingers against his shins and wiggled a few times in his seat, humming a little tune while he waited to meet up with Nikkos. Hopefully he would not be stood up.

He'd had a hard time explaining who Tomias was to him, and so it didn't really surprise him that his date hadn't spoken to him since returning to school that afternoon. The brunette tried to shrug it off, but he couldn't deny that it stung. The week flew by, though, and Nikkos felt that he hadn't even had time to analyze his meeting with Tomias. He wondered if that was better? With a sigh, the brunette smoothed his pants down once more before stepping onto the main street, scanning for Tomias as he walked.

It wasn't hard to find him, and Nikkos couldn't help the small smile that tugged at the corner of his lips when he looked at the other male. Something poked at Nikkos, telling him that Tomias was supposed to be more to him than he currently was, but he pushed the feeling away, afraid of it. Instead, the brunette wiped the smile away from his mouth and approached his...friend?

"Hello."

Tomias perked up. "NIKKOS!" He jumped up and over toward the other, smiling a little more. "Hi! Um. you look good. Always look good. so hello!" He giggled happily and took a hold of his hand before letting it go with a sigh. He wrapped his arms over his torso and bounced a few times. "Let's go do lunch? I'll buy. I just... want to catch up. And... other stuff."

Butterflies fluttered in the pit of Nikkos' stomach when Tomias took his hand. He tried not to show it, but wasn't sure how successful he was. Knowing that if he spoke, his voice would give far more away than his face, the brunette just nodded his consent and began to follow Tomias. Maybe he could convince the wait staff to slip him a drink to ease his nerves...though he doubted it greatly. They were seated, and Nikkos was glad for the dim lights in this particular restaurant. "So... How are you?" It was lame, but it was all he could muster up at the moment.

Tomias sighed softly, eyes staying with the other one. "I'm doing alright." He stated, shrugging his shoulders a little bit more. He sighed afte a moment, eyes staying with his and he smiled some more. "How's school going for you? Are you teaching or... what?" He asked, head tilting to the side as his eyes kept with his.

"Just a student," he answered softly. Despite being at Atlantis, Nikkos was still slightly uncomfortable with his...abilities. "Top student, apparently," he added very softly. According to his instructors, Nikkos could easily have moved into a teaching position when this year was up, if he wasn't quite so young. The brunette took it all with a grain of salt, but still had a bit of pride. "Where have you been?" he asked, trying to deflect the spotlight a little bit.

"Really? NEAT!" Tomias giggled happily and bounced in his seat a few times. "That's amazing! And the fact that you can use your abilities and train yourself and do yourself better et cetera." He sighed softly and then perked up. "Ah! Me?" he giggled. "I was on Broadway! It's AMAZING! I never knew about it and I mean.. Last I knew, Shakespeare was the big cheese and he didn't really have singing. But I got cast on some good musicals... Sometimes the lead, other times not." He shrugged. "Anywho. So um...Yeah. That's where I've been."

"That sounds exciting," he answered softly, sipping the water that was on the table. Nikkos really was excited for Tomias, but he was cautious. He didn't want to get too close again; to be hurt again. He had to keep his distance. "So... Are you here for a show then?" he asked softly, unsure of which answer he was hoping for more. Distance was good but Nikkos couldn't deny that he wanted to be able to see Tomias more often.

Tomias shook his head. "Nope! Vacation." He giggled and bounced a bit, right leg draping over his left and he swung his foot slightly as his eyes kept to the other. "Would you rather I leave?" He asked, truly curious. He then sighed and leaned toward him. "Nikkos. I know that we should have left on better terms, but in my defense ... I was thrown into this strange world of moving vehicles and everything else and I just couldn't handle having hurt you on top of that... But. That aside, I really.. really would like if we could start over maybe? I won't suggest pick up where we left off. I know we're both different than before, but... a fresh chance to be with you again would be nice... Or is that just me?"

Nikkos twisted his napkin a bit, uncomfortable by the line of questioning, but not really sure why he should be. Tomias was (had been?) a friend. He was comfortable with the other male... Or he had been at one time. "I..." The brunette stalled, hoping that the waitress would come over and interrupt to buy him some more time, but that didn't happen. He bit his lip a little as he tried to put his thoughts and his feelings into some sort of coherent jumble of words. "If you'd stayed around long enough you would have known that you didn't hurt me," he finally answered, voice barely above a whisper. "Until you left a note on my bed and disappeared."

Tomias blinked a few times, staring at the other and he groaned. "Really?" He sighed softly, straightening his form a little bit more as he stared at him. "Nikkos... I'm so sorry.." he groaned, fingers pushing through his hair as he thought about it. "I REALLY needed a cell phone!" He laughed and leaned to the side. "Damn things are handy!" he laughed a little more before he sighed. 'I truly am sorry... and you can take your time to... think if we would work out... I just... I feel this draw toward you and I don't wnat to ignore it."

His guts twisted a little bit. Nikkos felt the pull, too, but was it worth it? It had gotten less intense since he'd been away from Tomias. What if he gave in and Tomias just left again? The brunette bit his lip a little bit, thinking and weighing his options and feelings. "I just...need to think about it." He was thankful that their waitress (finally) arrived to take their order then.

Lunch was a bit subdued after that. Nikkos was still a little uncomfortable, but also still not willing to leave Tomias' company yet, either. Looking up and down the street, he smiled a little. "Come on." He took Tomias' hand and lead him back towards the school. "My grandparents sent me my birthday present," he explained as they weaved through the student parking lot. They came to a brand new, cherry red Ferrari. Smiling, Nikkos slid into the driver's seat, looking up at Tomias. "Coming?"

Tomias stared at the car. HIs eyes wide and his jaw slacked. "This.. this is beautiful!" He gasped and trailed his fingers along the top of it and moving into the passenger's side. "Oooo baby..." He purred, buckling in and nestling himself into the seat. "Oh... Oh I definitely like this."

Nikkos chuckled a little and pulled out of the parking lot carefully. He didn't want to hurt the car, or anyone else's car, either. When he pulled onto the street, though, Nikkos floored it and peeled out, gaining speed rapidly while he was thanking deities that the school was in the country and there would likely be no police around to stop their fun. The brunette sped through the back roads with no real destination in mind, enjoying the wind in his hair and the open road in front of them.

Tomias grinned. This car was amazing! And the speed. And oh everything else! He gasped and gripped the seat tightly while he watched the scenery go by. He then turned to look at the other. "This... is... GODS This is awesome!" He grinned and bounced a few times in his seat and he leaned over to look at everything. "mm. this engine... it sounds like... music!"

He couldn't help but chuckle a bit. Something had told him that Tomias would enjoy fast, pretty cars. The brunette sped up a little bit. It was almost an hour later when he pulled off of the road and into a parking lot, a little out of breath from the adrenaline. Nikkos looked over at the other male, smiling for the first time that day. "Too bad the streets in New York are too crowded to have a car like this, huh?"

Tomias groaned, nodding after a moment. "Mm. I ... I really wish that this would be allowed! Well. NOt wasted." He huffed. "Perhaps I need to move." He chuckled and looked around at everything before he sighed and sunk into the seat some more. "I want one like this! Or prettier." He chuckled, eyes fluttering up to the other.

"Then you wouldn't be able to act," he reminded when Tomias mentioned moving. Nikkos shrugged a little. "There are places in New York like this. Just not the city." He paused for a moment, letting the thoughts start to run through his mind once more. "What do you want to do?" he asked, truly curious. "I mean... I don't know if I can give you what you're looking for but... But I do miss you."

Tomias perked up and looked over at him, smiling lightly. "I want to be close to you again." he sighed softly. "I want to make up for being an immature child and running off. And ... I just want to be with you... Even if it's just as a friend. I just want us close again." He smiled lightly, eyes staying with the other. "I know it's a little selfish but... I really would like the chance to earn your trust again."

Looking over, Nikkos studied Tomias' face a bit. He was afraid of being hurt again. But Nikkos was also afraid of hurting for much longer if he turned Tomias away from him now. If he did, would they ever have another shot at friendship? More? He didn't want that answer to be 'no'. "I..." The brunette paused for a minute and re-thought his answer before opening his mouth again. "Don't hurt me again, Tomias," he finally answered softly.

Tomias kept his eyes to the other and then gave a simple nod to his words. "I won't." He promised, smiling a little bit more before he sighed and sunk against the seat with a sigh. "I promise you that I won't." At least not like he had before. He was sure that there would be things he would do that would be stupid and immature and probably cause problems. But hopefully things they could get over together.

Nikkos smiled at the other before turning the engine once more and putting the car into gear. "I have to get back. I still have some studying to do before classes tomorrow." The brunette peeled out of the parking lot, gaining speed as they went down the road and back towards the center of town. "When do you go back to New York?" he asked, curious but a little afraid of the answer.

Back
Top Bottom