Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

anime fans welcome

Fuck anime pirating, right in the ear.

This from FUNimation's website:

As anime fans know, FUNimation Entertainment and Toei Animation had planned
for the first ever online simulcast of the series â??One Piece' tonight at
9:00 pm CDT., just one hour after its premiere on Japan's Fuji Television.
Unfortunately, in the last 24 hours we have determined that the FUNimation
servers were compromised, even though we employ strict security standards.
An unknown individual accessed and posted episode 403 online and as a direct
result of this illegal act, all U.S. and Canadian fans will be deprived of
access to this great anime series for the immediate future. We will make every effort to locate and prosecute the perpetrator(s)to the fullest extent of the law and will provide updates regarding this most serious matter.

I totally need a Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann sig. Finished that show finally after sitting on the DVDs for months, and now I'm spreading the awesome to my friends.

As for my collection, it's ridiculously large. I got out on my own and started buying up everything that looked interesting. I like to think I have a more refined taste now tho.

Ga Rei Zero was quite awesome, Nadia. Have you checked out Higurashi No Naku Koro Ni?

I've heard of Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann, haven't seen it though.

At the moment I'm looking for a good place to download Genesis Of Aquarion. A friend recommended it to me.

From Anime News Network: In their closed-off underground village, Kamina and Simon chafe at the limits imposed by the village elder. Yet all this will change, when Simon stumbles across a fantastic device - just as the village's peace is broken by a violent intrusion.

According to my friend, it's a mecha anime. Mankind is being harvested for their lifeforce. Sounds a little cliche but meh XD

You should but there is alot of different Gundam series to choose from. My personal favorite is Gundam Wing.

Gurren Lagann is basically just over the top awesome mindlessness that still manages to have a plot and character development. I highly recommending at least getting through the first half. If it doesn't grab you by then, that's cool. But you do have to kind of let the ridiculousness of it go. After all, the tag line is 'Kick reason to the curb and go beyond the impossible!'

Higurashi is one of my favorites for the creepiness of the first season. The second kind of strays from that, being more of a suspense thriller. I can't tell all that I like about it for the sake of spoilers, but it has really great characters despite some odd plot elements.

It should be noted that similar situations where a company has stated to take legal actions for fansubs or rips online is nothing new. About two years ago Bandai Entertainment did a very similar thing with Ghost In The Shell: Solid State Society. They essentially stated the same thing, but nothing really came of the situation. Realistically pirating is always going to happe no matter what, although through sites like Hulu, Crunchy Roll, and the Funimation page, this is becoming greatly lowered.

I highly recommend Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann, it's one of my favorite shows from recent years. It very much reminds me of Gunbuster which Studio Gainax also worked on. Even if you don't like mecha I think it's worth checking out because of its characters, especially Kamina.

Sosei No Aquarion... Eh, it's okay. The director Shoji Kawamori's does amazing mechanical designs, notably the Valkyries from Super Dimensional Fortress Macross. However, he's not that great of a director in my opinion. The thing about Aquarion is that it's a really silly show. For example, the pilots of the mechs have all have orgasms when the robots combine. It's pretty ridiculous. If you're looking for a serious show, I'd check else where.

Mecha anime's kind of my thing. >.>;

Back
Top Bottom