Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

White Wolfers unite!

The Broken Lunatic

Super-Earth
How many of you are familiar with White Wolf?

World of Darkness?

Vampire: The Masquerade?
Werewolf: Apocalypse?
Mage: The Ascension?
Hengeyokai: Eastern Changing Breeds?
Changeling: The Dreaming?

If you are familiar with any games under the White Wolf name, please post here and make yourself known. Also, include whatever games you are experienced with.

And, if you know anyone who is familiar with WoD, recruit them.​

I'm so totally in, just tell me when and where and I'll throw something into the mix!

Well, Erato, right now we're rounding people up to see where they are most experienced.
With several Storytellers, I'd say maybe two or three per genre, we could have more of a variety of species to throw into the mix.
It'll probably be a while before a thread is made, so...yeah.​

Oh, I love the Old World of Darkness, and Promethean and Changeling from the new world of Darkness. My favorite of the old games is Vampire and Wraith. I hunted down every damn wraith book when I was a teenager and gleefully hug them every now and then. I have a crap ton of Masquerade books as well.

I'm also well, well versed in exalted, except for the Sidereals just because I don't see them as useful outside of a storyteller foil. I have been lovingly pouring over Infernals and Malfeas and thinking of some type of plot for the Green Sun Princes and a few Akuma.

But, for Vampire wise I am Sabbat ALL the way, but prefer the more esoteric side of it with the philosophy, paths of Enlightenment, and how you trade in your very humanity/who you are for something completely different. And, of course, when you get frustrated thinking about why you are so carefully plotting to walk down the Path of (whatever) you can kill off something with your pack. Also, just Independent trying to live in the sect driven world.

My Clan(s) of choice are: Tzimisce, Gangrel, Malkavian, and Toreador antitribu. My bloodlines of choice are Kiasyd and Nagaraja. I just luff Kiasyd.

I am variously familiar with ALL old world of darkness games, the one with my least knowledge is Mummy. I have been storyteller for Wraith, Vampire (Cam and Sabbat and Independent), Werewolf (Mainly Changing breeds), and Exalted from 1st Edition to current.

*wheeze* That is all for now.

All I say to this is:

If you willing to start it up, I'm willing to join up ^,.,^

No surprise, Tak.
It's cool, though.
Considering that I started playing VtM shortly before Requiem reared it's ugly head.
To me, it was like being forced to abandon this system that was still too fascinating to leave behind.
So, I've never played or witnessed any Requiem games, only Masquerade.​

I'm less familiar with VtM than I'd like to say, but enough so that I know what I like (Malkavian). Then again, had some fun with a Ravnos for a couple of sessions before the game crapped out, so I didn't get too much experience.

If something gets started up, I might just be joining...

Sooooooo, does anyone have any ideas they would like to share or suggest for possible storyline?

Ideas, ideas.

Anything goes for now.​

I'm sure we can whip up something, dearie. (;

I prefer clan Ravnos, albeit Malkavs are ridiculously entertaining at times.

I wonder, what clans are we missing? I possibly have a Brujah player.

Hm, well I'm sure there are people with the knowledge to play absent clans. Brujah can be particularly fun when participating in a Sabbat Raid. And don't even get me started with Sabbat street racing as a video game loving City Gangrel. Sadly, my twisted little heart belongs to the Sabbat sect. However, Camarilla games are fun when infiltrated by a Ravnos passing off as a dark circus owning Malkavian. :twisted:

Hmm, let's not forget about the Eastern Vampires, the Kuei-Jin. Anyone know anything about them? I've only witness one being played in a Hengeyokai game and I'm still vague on some things. Wikipedia, here I come.

Hmm, and what of other species? Anyone familiar with the tribes of the Changing Breeds?​

I am quite skilled with the Changing Breeds, Bastet, Mokole, and Anansi mainly. Though I have the books for all of them somewhere. I have never run a game of Werewolf, just been a player in them.

And if anyone gets a Sabbat game going I could easily whip up a Tzimisce Koldun, a Kiasyd, or even resurrect my Lasombra huntress girl. Though, I still love the Sabbat more as a philosophy than JUST kill everything in the way. Or, for fun, a Daughter of Cacophony who loves chainsaws.

One of my favorite ideas was to run a bloodlines only game, with the likes of the rarer breeds of Vampires having to band together to stay safe, or even trying to overthrow modern politics. As it is I am not free enough to run a game, but if people are interested in the bloodline variation I might be able to plot about it. Or if we have enough on the Sabbat train that want to play more than Malkavians and Ravnos I could try and get something running, though it would be very Path-centric in the end.

And on the kuei-jin: Interesting concept, but I don't think they were done well enough. I generally say they don't exist and allow people to either create a few Eastern types (outside of Ravnos and Assamite) or see if they like some of my pre-made Eastern clans. I also generally state the Nagaraja are more prolific in Asia. It...varies anyway. Bah, I feel like I am ranting.

To me, the Kuei-Jin are Demon Possessed half-corpses. They do not get Embraced like other vampires, they do not need to feed on blood, but it is a way to get the Chi they need instead. They are kind of weird, and I am an Asian lover, true and through. I might try one if people can explain them better, lol.

And as for Changing Breeds. I got the Ratkin, Mekole, Naga, Bastet, Werewolf, Hengeyokai as normal books in my room, and the rest of the Changing Breeds I have as a PDF file on my laptop
Which btw is a pos, lol

I also have the Werewolf Player's guide, V:tM, M:tA, Mummy, Technocracy, Mage's spell book thing....uh....Werewolf: The Dark Ages
I think that's it for the actual books...I have loads of PDF files though...

I started late, so I'm cursed with Vampire; the Reqiuem, instead of VtM. I made a lot of changes with the rules though, and managed to have it not suck.

I'm also familiar with Exalted, though I've never actually played.

...I love how the Gangrel are supposed to be all isolated and antisocial and shit, but everybody on here who has a Gangrel character is all excited... fucking hypocrites... (< How Gangrel should act) I also like the Tremere.

Got to this thread late too, but if I can still get in I'd like to.

I've never seen it that Gangrel have to be antisocial, more that they don't need the company of other vampires. In the old VtM, they were the most able to travel outside the cities, so they didn't have to bend knee to a Prince if they didn't feel the need. But among their own kind, they were frequently very willing to be social, when paths crossed; there were Gathers at the equinoxes and the solstices, where Gangrel traditionally got together, and they could be quite the parties.

Besides, how the other clans see them and how they see themselves can be extremely different.

You have a point, but I'm not going to listen to it. ...That was a joke... Heh, my sense of humor is dry and fucked, sorry...

Uh, the way I understand and portay them is feral, which is obvious, but more than that, they are more in touch with their beast. Because the beast is a crazy, wild animal, they prefer solitiude, and there's an element of tension and unrest when they are around other vampires, though it's less with other Gangrel, because they understand each other's bestial tendancies. You probably know more than me though, I played the Masquerade once, and had to take everything from it in. Now I have VtR, and I have to make due with what I remember and a set of shitty rules.

Eh. VtR isn't horrible; it's set up to be much more steady-state, rather than progressive. It's cyclical, rather than building to an apocalypse, so it's nicer for an ongoing model. But I do feel they changed things for the sake of changing them, just so they'd be different, and that's not always good. Straight standard difficulties are fine, whatever, but a lot of the other stuff is annoying. So difficult to get powers and skills, power levels are much reduced which makes it less fun to let loose... I like the different sects and differences, but there's a lot of changes in clans for no real reason. Ah, well. We can always play by the old rules, and some no doubt can cobble together a hellish combo of the two systems.

Me, in my blended campaign, I just let the vampire apocalypse happen, and the player characters had to find a way to save selected vampires. it worked, and now the entire Nosferatu race is basically working for them. They themselves managed to be conveniently off-world during the height of the Andediluvian Purge. Yeah, nothing like working with mages!

GOLDEN RULE OF WoD: There are no rules
The books are guidelines alone, and even at that you still don't have to follow them, lol

So if you don't like the fact that it is too hard to get powers and what not: Lessen the cost or give more points

And Gangrels are just in touch with their beast more, so they do seem antisocial but that is only because no one else understands you better than you, that's how they think a lot of the time.

Then, also, a player can act excited and enthusiastic, but their character can be the exact opposite of that if the player is good enough.

(You're right, your humor is like mine: dry and shit/fucked, but I do understand where you were going with it. ^,.,~)

Selo said:
GOLDEN RULE OF WoD: There are no rules
The books are guidelines alone, and even at that you still don't have to follow them, lol
Yeah, they SAY that, but one of my friends (and a former player in my coalition game) met and married a former White Wolf game developer, and when she told him about my game (particularly after we added Changelings to the mix), his reaction was a look of horror and "you can't DO that!"

Which I actually was rather offended by, because like you say, at the beginning of each rulebook, they say it's your game...

I didn't like Reqiuem at all. Vampires should not have religion.

I worked tirelessly to bring back Tremere and the Camerilla, and when I finally got everything ready, and took my players through it, they liked everything much, much better. Heh, that's why I never played Exalted, I showed them my revised reqiuem rules after I bought the books; we planned on switching roleplays altogether.

Heh, I feel so inexperienced though, I've never done a campaign that goes to the apocalypse either... but I can't picture the Nosferatu being controlled, they are simply awesome... A buddy of mine plays one who walks around in a richard nixon mask.

And I like you Selo. You get it. You're my buddy from now on.

They're not controlled, they're now part of the ruling council in the conspiracy the PCs inherited (and one of the PCs is a Nosferatu to begin with). The Nosferatu basically run the vampire society that's left after Gehenna, and they work with... you know what? Doesn't matter. :lol: Suffice to say that I agree, they're nobody's lackeys. But they do recognize a good partnership when it's presented to them.

Master, you saved yourself; I was starting to really not like you, because you seemed to have an answer for everything, and to have done everything twice.

Don't take me more seriously than I take myself, and don't take yourself too seriously, and we'll get along fine.

Back
Top Bottom