Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

White Wolfers unite!

The Broken Lunatic

Super-Earth
How many of you are familiar with White Wolf?

World of Darkness?

Vampire: The Masquerade?
Werewolf: Apocalypse?
Mage: The Ascension?
Hengeyokai: Eastern Changing Breeds?
Changeling: The Dreaming?

If you are familiar with any games under the White Wolf name, please post here and make yourself known. Also, include whatever games you are experienced with.

And, if you know anyone who is familiar with WoD, recruit them.​

I only briefly know about the Solar, Abyssal, Lunar, Dragon-Blooded, Dragon Kings, and Mountain Folk

Mountain Folk are another special case, really only seen and encountered on the Blessed Isle and within the Imperial Mountain at large. My main focus of the games I run deal with the five main Exalts: Solars, Lunars, Dragon-Blooded, Sidereals and Abyssals.

Yeah, I know Mtn Folk and Dragon Kings are special, seeing as the general public believe them as extinct, lol
And out of those I might be Abyssal or Lunar, high chance in Lunar
I have basically no idea what the Sidereal actually are...

Sidereals are Exalted of Fate. They act as viziers and advisors, spymasters and bureaucrats and overseers of the Loom of Fate, and try to ensure that Creation always has an auspicious future. Unfortunately, they're cursed to be blind to a lot of their own faults, so Creation has suffered greatly.

They also possess the knowledge and instructors of the most powerful supernatural martial arts in existence.

They're atypical from the more visceral Exalts like Solars and Dragon-Blooded. Most of their general charms take some thought to apply, as they tend to involve physical reagents and attack potential rather than physical targets.

Hmmm.....yeah, I always find that a problem with Exalted for me...
I can hardly learn how to use charms...

Not to me...
I think I read too briefly
I have to make time reading it, working my Group RP, studying for EOCs

My head hasn't spun as much since the time a few friends tried to get me to play a mage game.

They only explained things for roughly a half hour before plunging into a story that involved much battle.

Needless to say my only wimpy mage died.

That system still confuses the hell out of me.​

If you decide to run a game, I'd be delighted to toss a Sidhe into the mix for the hell of things!

Hey, I am totally up for whatever as long as it's rooted within the vastness of WoD, but as for a gaming system, no dice, no rock, no paper, no scissors...just beautiful walls of text.

I've been dying to role play with other white wolfers partially because you guys already have a grasp of knowledge about the story of the genre played...Caine and Lilith, for example of Vampire, or Wyrm, Weaver, and Wyld for Werewolf.

I just think it's a pain in the ass having to include a complete back story of what clan or tribe your character is when it should be knowledge already known...or at least familiar enough to not have to include an entire prologue....

...maybe I just ask too much from people...​

Re: Just out of sheer curiosity...

Semi said:
Sadly, I am more a fan of Exalted than any other White Wolf game.

I love Exalted. My screen name is actually based off of the fan nickname for the Unconquered Sun.

Sol Invictus said:
Semi said:

I love Exalted. My screen name is actually based off of the fan nickname for the Unconquered Sun.

It's actually the proper Latin name for the old Roman god, the Unconquered Sun.

Semi said:
Sol Invictus said:
Semi said:

It's actually the proper Latin name for the old Roman god, the Unconquered Sun.

Who the UC in Exalted is kinda sorta but not really based off of? :mrgreen:

Junko said:
me me me
Malkavian is also for me
Crazy little vampires
Also
GANGRELLSS
GANGRELS RULE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
BOO YA!

*clenches claw looking fist covered in fur while his cat ears twitch slightly*
Eh....don't mind the Cat Ears, Fox Tail, and Wolf Paws as hands...
And just avoid staring at my shark teeth....

I had a City Gangrel (Antitribu) who was the sister of the Bishop,
total video game junkie and spoiled brat.
Everyone made fun of the name, but I loved it:
Tales.​

Now come on, there just has to be more people than this who know of the World of Darkness.

I don't think we can keep a decent story going with the numbers we have.

Bump.​

I (My honey) has 37 Vampire the Masquerade books. 74, all to do with the world of White Wolf (oWoD).

Er, I am interested.

<clears throat>

I'm primarily a table-top gamer, frankly, so my experience is largely from there. The list of games I've played is huge, but we're just talking about White Wolf, right?

Well, let's see. I first bought a used copy of Vampire: The Masquerade first edition back in 1993, but I wasn't able to actually play a White Wolf game for probably another year. Since then, I've played White Wolf games in college, after college, at conventions, and all through grad school. I've done LARPing a time or two, but rarely. I've run games; I've had an off-and-on mixed-species campaign going on since 1997 (and yes, it's gotten pretty ridiculous, but we love it).

I've been building resources for more than 15 years. I've got at least 121 game books just from White Wolf, covering the games Adventure!, Abberant, Changeling: The Dreaming, Mage: The Ascension (nearly the whole series), Mage: The Awakening, Trinity, Vampire: The Masquerade (nearly the whole series), Vampire: the Requiem, Werewolf: The Apocalypse, Werewolf: The Forsaken, Wraith: The Oblivion, and a couple handfuls of assorted World of Darkness supplements, including "Blood-Dimmed Tides," "Gypsies,' and "Mummy" (this was the self-contained paperback edition before they fixated on releasing expensive hardbacks and made it its own imprint). Was a time I carried around "Combat! The Big Book of Beating Ass" like a Bible, but I was playing an Akashic Brother, so it made sense.

As a player, I've played an Akashic Brother (for an extended period of time), a Bone Gnawer, an Ecstatic (extended time), a Gangrel (extended time), a Mekhet, a Nosferatu, a Pooka, a Ravnos (extended time), and a Son of Ether (extended time). As a GM, I've played every damn thing you can name and more.

I say all of this to specify: I am familiar with the games and the game world. I am experienced in playing these characters, and running this type of game. I'm happy to act as a resource (although the wiki ought to answer most questions). I'm into doing something in this genre.

So I'm in.

Back
Top Bottom