Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Falling for the Enemy (Sinfulrook and myself)

poisonedxkisses

Supernova
Antoinetta sat in the cafeteria, eating a slice of cold pizza. She sighed and brushed her long bright pink hair. She had the bottom in loose pigtails and the top teased out a bit, with a small black headband keeping her bleached blonde bangs out of her face. She was wearing a knee length black dress, which made her ivory skin look even paler. The sophomore waited for her older brother to sit down, her ice blue eyes gazing around the large white room. She started to play with her snake bit pirecings and she heard. "Yo, Antoinetta!" She looked up and saw her brother. "Hey Ivan." she said and smiled, moving so he could sit down. "How are classes so far?" she asked.

Ivan shrugged, brushing his blond hair out of his eyes,"Ah, they're cool I guess. There's this one kid, god he's an easy target. Nerd doesn't even begin to describe him." Ivan laughed. Antoinetta rolled her eyes. "You know you are a dick, right? Why do you have to attack everyone who isn't a jock like you?" She shook her head and noticed one guy sitting across the room alone. "That's a shame, I should go say hi." Her brother laughed. "Hey, that's the guy I was talking about." he said and stood up. "Don't worry, I'll take care of it." He walked over to him and started to pick on the guy. "Oh damn it Ivan, you're such an asshole." she grumbled and watched him torment the other guy.

Noel had just gotten out of class after sitting for an hour and being picked on constantly. It was really nerve-racking when people picked on him. He may have been a nerd, but he still had an athletic body, and he wasn't that bad looking. As he went to the cafeteria for lunch, he took out his lunch of his backpack and sat down alone, his friends that he ate with had ditched school.

He sat his 5'7" body down and opened his lunch, slowly begining to eat, and when the bully came up to him, he groaned. He didn't respond to Ivan in any way, he just sat there and took it. It wasn't that he didn't want to get in trouble for it, it's just that he was weak compared to this guy who was two years older and a jock to boot. He couldn't finish his food or anything.

Noel watched as a teacher approached and suddenly Ivan got scared. Sometimes he thought it was his only defense, but half the time the teachers would ignore him because of Ivan being such a popular guy, and even the teachers loved him. Noel could just shrug it off and continue his meal, finishing it quickly and taking out some homework to finish up from earlier classes.

Ivan had started to give Noel trouble but when the teacher came near he gave a low growl. "Damn it.. I'll see you later Noel." He punched Noel on the shoulder and walked away, heading back to the table with his sister. "Teacher got in the way." He said and groaned. Antoinetta shook her head. "Poor Ivan." she said sarcastically, rolling her eyes.

Ivan gave a small smirk, an idea coming into his head. "Teachers will know what I'm up to if I keep going near him. With you they'll be none the wiser. You should 'date' him and give me some inside information." Antoinetta shook her head. "No way Ivan, I'm not like you, that's awful!" Ivan smiled. "I'll pay you 250 dollars a week if you do it, plus I'll throw in tickets to American Idiot on Broadway." Antoinetta bit her lip and looked at Noel. He wasn't too bad looking so it wouldn't be that embarrassing for her. "Fine, but if you lack on payments I'm going to stop. And make that two tickets to American Idiot. If I'm going to have a 'boyfriend' I'm going to take him, if he wants." Ivan smirked. "You are the greatest little sister a guy could ask for." Antoinetta shook her head. "Go to hell." she said, smiling, standing up. "See you at home." She started to walk toward Noel's table and stopped. "Hey, sorry about Ivan." she said and smiled.

Noel watched the girl approach him and when she sat down and said sorry he turned back to his homework and ignored her almost completely. "Dont worry, I'm used to it..." He told her and scribbled something down. "I'm not the only one he picks on anyways, so he'll get bored of me soon enough." He told her and just kept his focus on his homework.

While writing his answers down, he wondered why she even approached him, then realized she was one of the girls he had in his class last year. "I'm Noel." He said and took a break, reaching his hand out to her, waiting for a handshake. He still had his pencil in his hand, but he was looking at her and smiling. She was pretty, and he wouldn't mind dating her, but it seems she was somehow related to Ivan, which made him feel nervous and at the same time angry. He didn't want to have anything to do with that beast whatsoever.

Antoinetta sighed. "Yeah, he is an ogre most of the time." She looked at his homework and smiled. "My brother is working on that in class, what class do you share?" she asked. She needed to make him more comfortable with her, willing to trust her, if only a little bit. "Hopefully he stops soon. I wish he'd show a little more compassion to people who aren't like him. Hell, if I wasn't his sister he'd probably torment me too."

She took his extended hand and smiled brightly. "Antoinetta, it's nice to 'meet' you outside of class." she said and brushed her bangs out of her face. "I was wondering, well, I know my brother's a jackass, but maybe if you can put my relation to him aside, if maybe you'd like to hang out with me. You know, maybe get some dinner or see a movie together?"

Noel looked at her when she asked him and then went back to his math homework, which was rather easy for him. "How do I know you're not out to just find my weaknesses?" He began interrogating her, knowing that a pretty girl like her wouldn't just come up to him and ask him something like that. He would always think things through, every last possible thing that could happen, and in this case, he was thinking why she would ask him something, most of it negative things, only a few positive.

"I would date you but I can't trust you just yet, especially since you share Ivan's blood. You might be doing this just to get some laughs for yourself as well as him." He continued to deny her, glancing over at her with the corner of his eyes to gauge her reaction. Suddenly he sighed and looked at her. "Look, I'm sorry, I just don't want anything to do with that beast-man-thing is all, I have enough problems in my life." He told her honestly and looked away shyly.

She nodded and smiled. "Fair enough." She said and moved slightly on the bench. "And I can see how Ivan messed up a chance for me to get to know someone who seem like a nice guy. " She started to stand up. "Before I go, just know I'm nothing like my brother. If I was I could have just as easily came up to you and started shit like my brother did. Have a great day." She said and finished standing up, turning to walk away.

She smiled a bit to herself, knowing she played her cards right. If there was one thing she learned growing up in a house with 3 older brother's it was how to manipulate others. She slowly walked away from him, heading back to the table, looking at the ground. She waited for his voice, knowing he was going to call her back.

Noel continued his homework and then stopped, looking blankly at his book, then sighed and looked over at her. He felt bad now for shooting her down like that, but he didn't want to approach her, so he just looked at her and saw her looking at him, then motioned for her to come to him again.

He could never live with a guilty conscience, after making someone sad or upset or angry, he always had to do something to make it up to them. This time was no different, he shot down a girl and she probably was feeling sad, and he couldn't just let that happen, so he waited for her to sit back down next to him so he could ask her to go to a movie.

She saw him motion for her to come back and she started back towards him. "Yeah?" she said sitting back down. She didn't actually look at him, acting like it was no big deal that he turned her down. "What is it?" she looked over at him, maintaining eye contact for a couple of seconds before staring ahead.

She knew what was coming next, the apology, the excuse, and him trying to make it up to her. Across the cafeteria Ivan watched, a small smile on his face. Antoinetta had him. "I think I'll give her a bonus for catching him so easily. I could of sworn it'd take a couple days to wear him down." he thought to himself.

Noel looked at her and finally sighed, looking at his book. "I'm sorry I turned you down, it's just that Ivan stresses me out and I didn't want to deal with that..." He said honestly and then took out a piece of paper. "Care to go out for a movie?" He asked her with a slight blush and a smile, turning his head to look at her. The paper was so they could split it and write each other's numbers down.

This wasnt Noel's first girlfriend, just was the first one that approached him and was so forward with him. He didn't trust her completely just yet, but he was going to interrogate her so that he could find out if he was right or not.

She smiled brightly and laughed. "Yeah, he stresses me out too, so I know the feeling." She looked at him and brushed her hair out of her face. "I'd love to go to the movies with you." she said, writing her cell number down on the sheet of paper in front of him. "Give me a call." She took the sheet of paper with his number and smiled. "I'll talk to you later then?" she asked, cocking her head slightly.

Ivan smirked as she grabbed a small sheet of paper. "That's the sister I know and love." he said and chuckled. He watched as she started to get up and move away from Noel. She stood there, as if waiting for the conversation to end and he moved slightly, feeling a bit antsy. "C'mon Antoinetta... hurry up."

Noel nodded with a smile. "Yeah, take care Antoinetta." He said to her and waited for her to walk away before he went back to doing his homework, this time with a smile. He soon finished up his math homework and decided to read a book he had been reading for the last few days. He took it out of his bag and began reading, his mind on the girl he just got a date with.

He read the book all the way until the bell rang for the next class, and so he packed his stuff and went to his next class, eager for school to end so he could call Antoinetta and ask her where she lives so he could pick her up and go see that movie.

Antoinetta walked back to Ivan a content smile on her face. "Hook, line, and sinker." she said, sitting back down to finish eating. She felt bad for setting him up, but it seemed like a good trade. If she kept the charade up for a month it would be 1000 dollars, just for digging up a little dirt. "Hey, I'm heading to the library." she said standing up. Ivan nodded. "Yeah, see ya."

Antoinetta walked to the library, moving to the mystery novels and grabbed a few Agatha Christie novels, checking them out. The bell rang and she headed to her last class of the day. After the 45 minutes was up she packed her things up, heading to the school's parking lot, waiting for her brother at the car. After 15 minutes they arrived home and Antoinetta headed up to her room, doing her homework, waiting for the phone call from Noel.

When Noel finally got home, he showered because he had gym for the last 45 minutes, and he hated having to drive home all smelly and sweaty. Once he showered, he got dressed and grabbed his phone and piece of paper with Antoinetta's phone number, dialing it and calling her. He heard the phone ring, so that meant the number was right.

Once she picked up, a smile spread on his face. "Hey, its Noel." He said as she answered. "I can come pick you up whenever, just need your address." He asked her calmly with a kind voice. His mom was just outside his room, happy that her son got a date again, eavesdropping on the conversation between the two of them.

Antoinetta heard the phone ring and after the third ring she picked up. "Hey, Noel." she listened and nodded. "Yeah, uhmm... give me about an hour to get ready and then we can go?" she said into the phone. She waited for a response and smiled. "Yeah, it's 136 Hummingbird Avenue." She listened and smiled. "Yeah, see you then."

She hung up and stood, grabbing a black dress with a pink lace up bodice and headed into the bathroom. She took a shower and got dressed before putting her hair up in a loose updo with her bangs curled around her face. She did her makeup and left the bathroom, moving to her room to put on a pair of stilettos, before walking downstairs. "Looking good." Her oldest brother Theo said. "Thanks, I have a date. I'll be back later." she said and waited outside for Noel, not wanting to subject him to torment if Ivan opened the door.

Noel checked the directions from his house to hers really quickly and then proceeded to dress up nicely, doing his hair a little bit, putting in his contacts, spraying a little cologne on his neck, and grabbing his car keys, looking in the mirror before he left. "Good luck." His mother said standing outside the bathroom and Noel blushed with a smile, pecking his mom's cheek and running out to his car.

He managed to get to Antoinetta's house just in time, noticing her outside and pulling up to the curb by her house, leaning over to open the door for her before she got close. When she sat in, he smiled at her. "You look fantastic." He told her and put his car in reverse, making a 3-point turn and driving off towards the movie theater. He just realized he was outside the bully's house, glad he didn't have to go inside.

Antoinetta saw the car pull up to the curb and she quickly walked to it. She got inside and smiled at him. "Thanks so much." she said and smiled. "So do you. Quite dapper, if I do say so myself." she smiled slightly and noticed Ivan looking out through the living room window. "Let's get going." she said, smiling as they left the curb.

"So, what movie are we going to see?" she asked, putting her purse on the floor before turning her body to face him. "And thanks for giving me a chance. I understand why you were skeptical." she said and smiled at him. "It wouldn't have been easy for me to say yes it you were related to someone who made my life a living hell." she brushed a strand of hair away from her face and smiled.

As he drove, he tried to not let her beauty distract him, driving like he was a professional. "I was going to ask you if there's any movie you wanted to see, I'm willing to see any one you want." He said smiling and looked at her brush a strand of hair out of her face when they pulled up to a stoplight.

"It's alright, it's just that being bullied is making it too many problems for me, I already lost my dad and I think that's more than enough to deal with." He confessed randomly and then put his hand over his mouth. "Ignore what I said." He told her and focused on the road once the light was green. He couldn't believe he just freely disclosed information about his dad.

His father died in a plane crash, the pilot had a stroke and the co-pilot couldn't catch the control of the plane in time. There were very few survivors, his dad was not one of them. Each night he'd think what really happened to his dad.

"Oh, Well, I kinda wanted to see that new Adam Sandler movie." she said and smiled. "I've always been a sucker for his movies." She looked at him as they stopped. He really was good looking, and he seemed like a great guy. She heard him start talking about his father and she looked at him and frowned. "I'm so sorry... I.. I had no idea." she said and looked at him. "That must be awful. I couldn't imagine losing a family member like that."

She knew that she was supposed to report back to her brother, but this wasn't something that should be put into her brother's never ending arsenal. Maybe if he gave something more minuscule she would tell Ivan, but no one deserved to be bullied over losing someone. She gazed into his eyes and bit her lip. She looked out of the window and sighed. "How long ago was that?" she asked, genuinely concerned.

Noel finally pulled onto the road that led to the movie theater just as she asked him, going slowly since there seemed to be a line. "It was..." He began and took a deep breath, sighing it out. "It was about three years ago... Dad had a business trip to japan, and on the flight back, they crashed just outside of hawaii." He said honestly and tried not to think about it while driving. "The plane's front shattered into pieces, while the wings broke off and caught fire from the exposed electrical wires." He said and finally pulled into a parking space, shutting his car off.

"My mom has been working two jobs until just a year ago she got promoted for a really big job, and she makes just as much as my dad did if not more." He told her and slowly got out of the car, going over to her side to open the door for her, like any gentleman should, closing the door once she got out.

"Oh my god, that's awful!" She said listening to him tell the story of his father. "I'm sorry you had to go through that." she said and placed a hand on his hand. "I wish there was something I could do." When they arrived at the movie theater she looked at him. "Well, I'm glad you and your mom are doing alright." she said and smiled. She got out after he opened the door and curtsied. "Thank you, kind sir." she said and winked, walking with him to the entrance.

He opened the door for Antoinetta and led her inside, paying for two movie tickets and gave her hers. He stopped before the snack stand and looked at her. "Drink? Snack?" He asked her with a smile, probably getting a water for himself. He rarely drank pop or bought any snacks for himself, he didn't like buying at the movie theater especially, since the candy was sometimes outdated and were more expensive than going to a store and buying two of the same thing.

He bought himself a water and let her buy whatever she wanted to buy, paying for it of course to show that he was a gentleman and he was the one taking her out for a date, not the other way around. The thoughts of his dad dying came back into his head again, just thinking about it since she brought it up. He wasn't sad or anything now, just confused a little bit.

She smiled and nodded. "Thanks." she said as the entered the movie theater. "Yeah, I'll have a small coke and a medium popcorn." she answered, as they arrived at the snack counter. When the snacks were paid for she walked with him to the theater their movie was being shown in.

"Thanks so much for bringing me, I heard this movie is going to be really funny." She smiled and opened the door, holding it for him before entering looking around to find a seat. "Anywhere in particular you want to sit?" she asked him, brushing her hair out of her face.

"Hope it is funny like you say." He replied to her and then looked around noticing there was room in the back. "Wanna go sit in the back? I normally like to sit back there." He offered her and started leading her up the staircase on the closest side to them, going almost all the way to the back, perhaps three rows before the very back seats.

As they sat down, he let her sit first, holding her popcorn for her and then sitting down with her, handing her popcorn back as the previews and commercials continued to roll.

She followed him to the back of the theater and sat down, taking her popcorn. "So do I." She said and looked at him as the previews continued rolling. She gazed at him as the movie started. She hadn't realized it before, but Noel was a great guy, and he was good looking to. It wasn't fair to him that Ivan messed with him relentlessly.

After the movie she slowly stood up and smiled at him. "That was a pretty good movie." she said, moving out of the way so he could leave the aisle. "So what should we do now? Do you want to call it a night, or do you want to do something else?" She walked towards the exit, looking over at him.

Back
Top Bottom