Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Farewell, Dark Angel

Vekseid

Most imposing inkwell.
Administrator
After many years, Darkangel76 has chosen to step down from her role as head administrator of Blue Moon. She had been planning this for some time, and though things were accelerated this past month, she did the best she could to help prepare for her coming absence.

Few of you were here before she took over, or know the reason why she did. Blue Moon was not the kindest of places, a trait owed to the original sites we had drawn much of our membership from.

Something happened that caused me to boot the rest of BMR's administrative staff, and I asked the membership to choose someone. Darkangel76's name was mentioned by many enthusiastic people, and she was an intelligent, caring force. I gave her the keys and walked her through the basics, and the site was effectively hers from that point on.

Running any large community is not easy. You take a lot of heat, and some people think it is a reward instead of a responsibility.

Changing the direction of a community is a monumental task, and much advice on leadership discusses how tough this is, even if someone in theory has full control. Many of you reading this joined BMR after Darkangel had already turned Blue Moon into a kinder, more welcoming forum.

I am ever thankful, and I know I am not alone.

Thank you for everything you have given this place, Darkangel76, and may your future be bright and full of the love and caring you have so freely given.

-Vekseid

I haven't been on this site for long, but it's a great place, and obviously we have you, Dark Angel, to thank for that. So, thank you <3 Good luck in your future endeavors!

DA,

Thank you for managing BMR for us over the years. I do hope that you enjoy your retirement to the fullest and that you take on something new, good & exciting. Be sure to poke your head in and say hello as often as you are able. Thanks again!

~ Prose

I haven't been around long enough to know much of the administration, but this place has been rather nice, and it's great to hear you had a big part in that. I can't even imagine what the place must've been like before you came along. Happy trails, DA.

I don't usually peek about the non request side of the forum, but even I've seen Dark Angel's name about when I've glanced about. Parting and moving on is often difficult for both sides if previous online communities I've been a part of is any indication, so I wish DA the best in whatever she seeks to do with the extra free time :)

I wish you luck and happiness in whatever it is, and wherever you go. It's been nice having you as the chief admin, though I have tried to avoid drawing notice from on high. Still, this has, and hopefully will continue to be a nice place, and sad to say farewell to one of the good Sheppard's that helped it be so.

Thanks for everything, DA.

You will be missed.

May the road rise up to meet you.
May the wind be always at your back.
May the sun shine warm upon your face;
the rains fall soft upon your fields and until we meet again

You'll be missed DarkAngel. May your future be filled with glory and warm thoughts! Thank you for taking care of us all!

While I haven't spoken to her that often, she has been nothing but kind and considerate. After the staff at elliquiy had screwed me over I didn't know what to think going to the sister site but DarkAngel made it clear that things were different here, and they were. Any issues with moderation or disputes I had were handled admirably by DarkAngel or her subordinates, who also deserve part of the credit. It's sad that she's stepping down, but I trust she has her reasons.

Holy cow. DA is an awesome person, she's helped me a ton. Hopefully the next stage of life for her is an amazing one.

Thank you DA, you likely wont even remember how you helped Me nor the impact your kind words and patience had, that you could not know, but...you did and I instantly knew you were a kind and decent soul. Thank you for your work and I wish you the best always.

TC

Awww thanks for you service to our fun little community DA!!! You had a very personal impact on me with a singular conversation 8 years ago. I really appreciate it and I thank you so much!

DA, I can't help but repeat everything that's been said. To say you've been an awesome RP partner and friend would be grossly understating how fun things have been.

You will be sorely missed, but RL always come first.

This is the penultimate example of what Razgriz specifically put into words: real life always comes before this site. As Vekseid said, I was here after DA was administrator for this site, and the few times I have contacted her have been pleasant and excellent examples of what this site's head honchos should strive to be. Whomever replaces her are going to have some big shoes to fill, but that is a bridge to be crossed some other time.

Thank you for your commitment to the sight, darkangel76. I, like many others, greatly appreciate it. :)

Shade and Sweetwater to you DarkAngel, may you carry our thanks with you as wings to carry you on into the wonderful future you have ahead of you.

DA ❤️❤️

You'll be missed, my dear. I hope you find nothing but joy and happiness in your life. Bless your heart <3

Take care, DA.

It was great chatting with you and writing with you when we did.

Take care of you and yours, and enjoy the next stage of your life.

May you only ever have half my troubles and twice my blessings! You were always informative and receptive of the community. All those who come after will never quite be the same!

Back
Top Bottom