Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Suit Your Life! (Deliliah and Rakki)

deliliah

Star
Tasha had just recently graduated college and was applying for job after job after job. Given the time of year it was and the fact that anyone in her situation was applying as well, she was getting frustrated at the lack of response she was getting.

Finally she had a response, it was from a bank. She ha the chance to join their investment team. She wasn't quite sure how this would work out for her, but she was nervous.

The day before the interview she raided her closet to find an outfit. But no matter what she could not find one that she had liked. She looked herself in the mirror, she knew her black hair and green eyes would be taken seriously, but her outfits. Her breasts were a little smaller at 30B, but at least their eyes would be on hers. But every outfit just didn't match, the outfit she liked, just didn't have the 'umph' she was looking for.

She decided she would get a special outfit, just for the interviews... though hopefully she would find something that would work doubly as a work outfit as well. She was on the way to the mall, and stopped at a red light when she looked over and saw a retailer. They were known for being expensive, but had high reviews... She decided to stop in...

RE: Clothes Maketh... (Deliliah and Rakki)

The store wasn't the normal fashion store, but it had a reputation, their business suits had an effect on people. Those who watched for certain patterns where beginning to notice something in the up-and coming business world, powerful people, and their hand tailored suits. Unique in their slightly strange styling, just odd enough to be just recognisable.

It had moved into the city just recently, and whispers where starting to enter the workplaces.

The sign hung over the front door "Suits for Life: Life changing outfits!"

Inside it had the old styled tailors shop styling, unfinished clothing hung on racks, ready for someone to pick them up. Behind the counter a young man stood, he was tall and toned, slightly scruffy in appearance trimmed but unruly hair, a pair of glasses hung on his nose as he hand stitched a jacket.

The needle in his hands had a pearlecent glow and pulled a silver thread that seemed to disappear, unseen into the garment as he stitched, the magic unseen to the naked eye, a secret between himself and whoever wore the garment.

Dace was happy with his work, the standard deal for his work was a contract, signing him entitlement to 1% of a customer’s income, each year they wore his work. His wealth had steadily grown as his costumers experienced the success that their new wardrobe seemed to impart.

She entered the store. And it was certainly an odd style of shop. there were of course outfits on display, some very professional, others for different things. Al a bit odd, but not exactly not-normal.. not that she was sure if that would make sense.

She wasn't even sure why she came in here.. well she did. A number of celebrities had been known to come here. it was a small but very influential fashion chain. some of the process she saw on some of the basic outfits were extraordinary. She was almost scared to touch them and ring up a bill that was more than she could pay for...

She let out a frustrated sigh as she was feeling this was a futile gesture. coming in here, she would never be able to afford anything. She saw a man, presumably the manager, and she smiled, but made sure to keep her hands to herself so she wouldn't alarm him.. She didn't want him to think she would harm or steal any of his clothes...

Dace looked up from his counter as the young lady browsing, hesitantly through the store. She looked like the sort of person he'd gone into the business to help.

"Looking for something for the job hunt?" He asked, a genuinely friendly smile, glancing back to the work in his hands, finishing up the invisible symbol. "Or is it something more... alluring to capture the love of your life?" He asked, putting the blazer up on a rack, and walking around the end of the counter, he offered a hand to her, "I'm Dace, the Tailor, and you look like you could use... something..." he spoke the word Tailor like it was a tittle.

he approaches her kindly and professionally. she smiles back but feels as though she is wasting his time. "well I have a job interview tomorrow, I've been really nervos about making a good first impression... and I thought I would come in, but I thin I am wasting your time, i could never afford these clothes..."

Her head dips a little, "But they really are lovely."

Dace stepped to the side, pulling out a rack of lady's suits. "A job interview?" he started flicking the matched sets aside as he sorted through them, then paused.

"We have a scaling pricing plan here, not only will you be able to afford it, but i'll guarantee you wont regret it." He picked a dark grey suit off the rack, the dark woollen twill had a pattern in it of overlapping shapes that almost looked like letters, but where so well hidden within the dark fabric that it was almost impossible to see unless you where up close. It was a blazer and matching knee length skirt, the lining was a lush pink silk, but would be unseen once the suit was on.

Dace held it out for a judgement. "This is about your size, If you'd like it, I can make the adjustments." he offered, warmly.

She watched him show an interest she hadn't expected. was this part of the sales charm? He withdrew a rack with suits for women. He seemed to know exactly what he was looking for. he satrted talking about a 'scaling' price plan.

She started to reach out for the one he picked.. it was lovely and practically called out to her. but she held her hand back a bit, "What do you mean by a 'scaling price plan?'"

He held it out for her, gesturing with the garments.

"Well it costs nothing to try it on, or to touch." he said, noting how she avoided making contact with the suit. "But our pricing is one percent of your income, each year you wear the suit."

He pushed the hanger into her hand. "If you make fifty thousand a year, the price is five hundred. If you make nothing, then it is free."

“Nothing up front, easy payment plans!” He added, in a voice that mocked TV junk salesmen the world over.

He encouraged her to try it on as he held it forward and she took the hanger. She thought about it, one percent, that's less than half a paycheck per year. The job she was applying to would start er off at $75,000 if she got it... so $750...

"And you trust people to be honest?" i mean would repeat business be that strong? or does those who don't need special accommodations make up for the rest? She shrugged her shoulders.

"Okay, where is the dressing room?"

Dace held onto the hanger for a moment. "To be clear, my work has an effect. One of those effects is that I will get my money. If you walk out with this, right now, and put it on outside of the store, you'll walk in here within a year with my money." His voice was sure, he KNEW it, like the sun coming up in the morning, or that water is wet.

"Dressing rooms are in the back, behind the black curtain." He pointed towards the rooms. They where large enough that four changing rooms in most stores would have fit within, and had room to spare, two walls where full mirror, the third had a large, ornate wooden chair and several hooks for clothing while the occupant changed.

"You'll notice, more confidence, and even a slight increase in your senses, and much better memory retention. My business attire's standard features." he added, turning back towards his counter and the work that was waiting behind it. "If you decide you want it, let me know, I'll make some additions and adjustments. I think it could really bring out a better you."

he was confident, and that was without a doubt. But she walked to the dressing room and pulled the curtain shut taking off all but her bra and panties... She pulled on the stockings, then the blouse, pulling u the skirt and buttoning it, and finally putting on the jacket she looked at her self pleased.

She turned and looked herself in the mirror. He was right she did feel more confident. But she smiled at the thought, she wasn't sure if it was becasue he had said it, or if it was in her mind; a plaecbo effect.

she stepped out in front of dace, "Well what do you think?" She did a turn around for him to look at her.

"I think you make an unfinished suit look amazing." he said, a trained eye evaluating her, the suit seemed to fit fine, but there where just things he would change. After orbiting her to view from every angle, he met her gaze.

"What sort of job are you going for?" Dace's voice was all business, "And how do you feel you're lacking. I can make changes to help you be more compatible."

His facades broke into a grin, "Besides, its a little tame on you, we could really make you quite feminine. Give you the qualities to stand out in the crowd."

As he said unfinished suit she smiled and realized where she was. She had been used to just buying clothes from a department store and enjoying them. but this was a nicer place. Here they tailored everything so it fit, perfectly. Like when celebrities make clothes look so good, they all have there stuff tailored. This would be her first tailored outfit.

He asked about what she was doing ad how she felt she was lacking even saying the suit was a little tame on her... "Well, I'm applying for a lower-management position in an investment bank. I've heard really good things, the salary isn't great to start..." Saying hoping that he would not change his mind about selling to her, but not wanting to be dishonest. "... but has room to advance." She smiled a bit. "I'm a little nervous, that i won't seem confident or ambitious enough, I'm not sure if clothes can really change that..." She shrugged, "I'm not sure that 'tame' is the right word, I' mean what's the opposite of tame? ferocious?" She giggled nervously, "But yeah, Ferocious, confident, ambitious, and feminine are definitely qualities I would like others to perceive of me."

Dace smiled. "Management is a nice place to start." Suddenly he had a needle and thread in his hand, like a magic trick, but the whole store seemed to blink.

"My clothes cant change how people perceive you. But they can change how you are, as long as you're wearing them." He advised, stepping behind her. He pinched the jacket, pulling it tight under Tasha's bust, and put a stitch in, The whole suit seemed to squeeze her, moulding her body and not just giving the impression of a pinched hourglass waist, but painlessly creating it.

His fingers worked up her back, each stitch would make her tingle as he sewed his magical code invisibly into the fabric of the suit. He added runes for confidence, not overconfident, but enough to make her sure-footed in her day to day life. A set of runes he'd used quite a bit to give her a slightly fuller bust, and make her ever so slightly taller. A set of runes stitched into the waistband of the skirt to shorten, tighten, and add just a hint of roundness, along with refining the shape and tone of her legs just slightly.

He hesitated, ambitious and ferocious where dangerous ones. The wrong use of power in those directions could have dire effects. He put a small rune for hungry, overlaid with an upside down rune for food. He considered adding a rune for sex upside down too, but decided that an increased sex drive wouldn’t be the worst thing in the world.

Snapping the thread, all his runes faded into the fabric, and their effects would come life at once, he stepped back.

"How does that feel?" he asked, stepping back to admire how it fit now. The sleeves sat better, showing the exact amount of cuff from the shirt, the skirt highlighted the curves of her ass, and she looked to be standing with better posture, someone who was confidant within themselves.

She almost giggled at the way he made his needle appear. He was clearly a great showman.

he explained how the clothes changed a person and not perceptions. "Okay, I'm not really sure how that works, i mean clothes themselves influence how a person perceives you. You ow, a girl wearing a skirt that doesn't cover her ass cheeks and she is perceived as a slut, a woman shows up on a first date with long slacks nad a turtleneck, don't even try getting to second base with her..." he laughs, "there's a reason they call men's tank tops 'wife-beaters.'"

But he spent his time focused she wondered if he had even heard her. it was almost weird the way he didn't even have to take take her outfit back, he just made adjustments.. and quickly. suddenly her waist pulled in, for a moment her breasts seem to swell, but that was her imagination. She watched as the woman in the mirror became so much more than she had seen in herself, her shape was accented amazingly.

And all at once he seemed to be done and asked her what she thought. she stepped closer tot he mirror and nodded her head, "yeah.. i look damn good." she said suppressing a laugh, "yeah.. the right heels, a little makeup.." She pursed her lips for a moment, "help up her hair with one hand and posed... "I can't believe how well this one outfit made a change.. I'm totally nailing this interview tomorrow." She said with a smile, "I might need to buy a few more outfits though, I can't wear this same one every day..."

Dace grinned, leaning against his counter, watching her appreciate his work. It was nice to see someone who was willing to accept results. The magic had taken to who well, some people, so secure in who they are, where impossible to mold, but Tasha seemed to lack some of those limitations.

"I think you're a sure bet for your job." he agreed, "There are just a few things before you can take your new outfit." he brushed over her implied request for more than one suit, Dace had other customers, other requirements on his time and skill, if she wanted something more, he would take some convincing.

"The magic in your suit will stretch and mold you. The longer you wear it, the longer the effects last, each hour will take an extra four to return you to normal. The more powerful the changes, the longer it takes to return. After sixteen hours wearing it, you will be stuck as the 'new' you. Some people choose that, some are afraid of loosing who they where." His voice had an edge of warning, "Part of the magic in your particular suit will make you hungry, I've negated the physical hunger, but you might crave power, sex, attention..." and maybe even more magic wound into your clothing, he added to himself, deciding that if she returned seeking more, he would have some fun with her.

She continued to loo into the mirror. She did feel confident wearing the suit. it was perfect.

She didn't really believe in magic, but found amusement in the way he did. She wondered if he was a wiccan or something. Still she did feel better, and if she wasn't mistaken looked better. But she knew much of that might just be in her imagination.

She heard his warning, but didn't really believe it. "I'll have to look out for the warning signs she said with a smile." she turned one last time giving herself one more longing look, her ass was great... "What about washing it? I mean dry clean only i assume?"

Dace slipped behind his counter, pulling out a contract and an old, worn fountain pen.

"No, its machine safe," he said adding, "and practically bulletproof." with a wink.

The contract was a simple price agreement, on 1% income, every 12 months the suit was worn, stipulating that if the suit was worn once, for any amount of time, then that was the same cost as wearing it every day.

There where two pages stating that the wearer had no recourse for changes or effects caused by the suit, temporary or short term. Along with the suit not guarantee success. There was no complex legal speak, it was simple and strait forward, on thick slightly yellowed paper.

"This is our last piece of business." He said, offering her the pen, and a card, "But, If you find yourself craving something more," he held the card so she could see his personal number scrawled onto it, "I'd like to show you some real magic."

He walked behind the counter and started pulling out a contract saying ti was machine safe... that really surprised her. "Wow."

She took the contract. her eyes read it, if she got the job he would have to pay 1% of her income for each month that she wore it, assuming that she wore it once, it still covered her as wearing it all year round. Well if it meant she got this job that more than doubled her retail salary and set her on her path to success, this was worth it. She signed her name.

she didn't believe in the magic, but he certainly was starting to think he did. Though she would be amused if he proved her wrong. And then she was already aware of the placebo effect. She tok his pen and the card, she smiled, "Thanks hun. well if you are here tomorrow, and i get the job, you are totally getting a hug from me."

"Then I look forward to seeing you tomorrow." he said, watching her sign the contract.

He couldn't help but admire how she'd been molded by the suit, almost like she had so little self image. Such small runes had such great effect on her. Even if she didn't believe in the power, she soon would.

The contract wasn't really needed, she would return with what he was owed, but he hoped that she'd come looking for more. Tasha would make a fine toy.

"Well you certainly are confident yourself," she said with a bit of a giggle. She picked up her old clothes and put them in a bag and left.

On the way home she had stopped to find herself a pair of shoes that matched the outfit, and it was probably the easiest search she ever did. She walked into the shoe store and it was like she knew what shoes would make the outfit perfect right away. she stopped int he salon had her hair done, a little trim , some highlight and had her nails done. she also stopped got some new makeup, everything came so easy, her indecision was gone. she went home, and took the suit off. She looked int he mirror. Her naked body seemed off, she couldn't quite put her finger on it, like her breasts were swelled, or she was a bit slimmer, but that wasn't right...

She woke up the next morning feeling a bit less confident. but she got ready for the interview regardless, but when she put the suit on, she felt ten times better. She went tot the interview and nailed it. The hr supervisor was very impressed with her, she even found herself flirting a bit, which she normally didn't do, but somehow it seemed natural he offered her $70,00 a a two week paid vacation per year. Yesterday this seemed great, even though it was five grand less than what she advertised, he would have jumped on it. Instead she pointed out how she was obviously intelligent and charismatic, that would lead to higher profit margins. And negotiated for $90,000 a year with 5 weeks vacation. They accepted.

She was on her way home when she saw the shop. She did say she would thank him. She stepped in and saw he was with a customer, customer who looked like she was not being very agreeable to his terms... Tasha normally would wait, but that just wasn't what she was going to do. She stepped up, "Excuse me for interrupting." the woman looked at her with annoyance, "I just wanted to say, "Thanks, your suit certainly gave me the confidence I needed to nail that interview!" She leaned in and hugged him. "I won't keep you though!" She took a couple steps back seeing that the other woman now seemed a little more curious.

She stood around for a moment in case he had anything else to say, but was in a hurry to get home and tell her friend and family... Plus she had his number and email, maybe she could find him on social media.

The customer abusing dace was shaking a man's dress shirt at him. It was one of his, something he'd made for her husband, but apparently the confidence it had given him had not only spurred on his career, but driven him into the arms of another woman.

"I am sorry miss." he tried to explain, before she started yelling over him again. He gave Tasha a genuine smile as she entered, before having to turn his eyes back towards the disgruntled customer.

He stepped around the counter to greet Tasha as she closed between them. "Great," he said, "I hope it serves you well, you deserve to to much better than an entry level job." he held up a finger, "I'm about to close up, care for a quick coffee to celebrate? I just have to deal with this?"

He turned towards the upset lady. She was an aging trophy wife. "I have something that will help you get him back."

Dace pulled out a stepladder that had been cleverly hidden and dragged it over, using it to pull down a box, the words "Slutty Schoolgirl" scrawled across the top in marker, the lady grabbed it, but the Tailor held onto it.

"You know the risks, this is stronger than anything I normally sell. If you wear it for more than an hour..." The lady, tears in her eyes nodded, yanking the box away, dashed out the door.

Dace stepped off the ladder. "I really hope she knows what she is doing." he added, turning back to Tasha. "So, can I buy you a coffee?"

She watched the whole thing with interest. she still didn't really believe in such things, but the woman clearly did. 'Slutty schoolgirl,' she wondered how the woman would act, and if she wore it for more than an hour, if she would use that as an excuse to continue acting that way.

Dace returned to her and offered to buy her a cup of coffee. she smiled at him, as she quickly started to realize he was attracted to her. there was a part of her that was appreciating that at the moment, being looked at. She did have a lot to do that day, "No thank you." but there was a certain appeal to having people and men hang on her words, "I have a busy day ahead of me, but I suppose I can spare five or ten minutes if you want to change you offer to a cup of tea."

(ooc: sorry for the delay, the last couple days were crazy for me irl)

"Tea it is!" he agreed, grabbing a coat and stepping out the door holding it for Tasha, before locking it with an old styled key behind her.

"There is a cafe next door, we can get take away, sacrilegious as it is to not sit and enjoy a pot of tea, and I'll walk with you. I'd love to learn more about you and how you feel about your suit." He added, stepping towards the small coffee shop, "What kind of tea do you like, and how do you take it?"

The cafe was, much like the tailor's beside it, verry much a boutique. A barista worked over a full sized coffee machine, the kind that looked like a part off some long gone steam engine, a wall held small wooden boxes with tea names chared into each. Scones and muffins where on display, and the smell of fresh baked goods filled the air.

(OOC: Not a problem! Life gets like that from time to time!)

He was enthusiastic about the tea, and she smiled. There was something she was enjoying about the way he was fussing over her. She walked beside him as they walked over there being sure not to let him walk ahead of her, she was not exactly a follower. She smiled at his comment about getting to know her and then asked about how she liked her tea, she didn't really look at him as she responded, "Sea-sated caramel tea if they have two sugars and a milk..."

She looked around and enjoyed the atmosphere. The food looked tasty, though at he moment she wasn't really hungry. but the antique-like theme of the shop made it feel cozy. She left Dace in the line to buy the tea while she picked out a seat neat the window.

Back
Top Bottom