Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Demons Can Be People Too...when they work at it(AparinaAkumu and wiki234)

AparinaAkumu

Barista of some Depresso Espresso
She loved this place. Every summer, for the last sixteen years since she was little, she and her parents had vacationed here for almost two months out of the year. This gave the girl a strong connection to their home away from home, and the friend she met there.

Every summer, the girl with reddish-brown hair and amber eyes would run next door to their vacation home as soon as they arrived to unpack and start knocking, that is if they didn't get there too late at night. It had always been her first vacation plan, to let her friend know she was there for the summer. Even as she got older, as technology advanced, she'd still physically walk up to knock on the door. Over the years they learned so much about each other...he even knew what she really was, and why her parents took that vacation in the first place.

This year had been a sad end to their summer. Her parents had told his that the money was getting tight, and to the kids it had seemed that would be her last vacation for a while. However, almost five months later, it had been the exact opposite. The first day back from winter break, just after midterms, and the school was abuzz with rumors of a new student. She didn't know this was his school...or that she'd be not only in his grade, but some of his classes too!

"Everyone quiet down," the teacher started as the kids got settled. He looked to the door and waved a hand with a friendly face as he assured the person outside that there was nothing to be afraid of. So she stepped in, a bit hesitantly, as her brown hair was pulled into two smaller pigtails at the top with the rest falling down, wearing a black choker and some of her many rings on her fingers as well as her old school's uniform--a white top with short sleeves and v-collar with a bandana in the same black and green as her skirt. She was wearing a pair of black boots to her knees and the two strips of green on her black stockings were peeking over the top. One of the boys would recognize her, his life long summer-only friend, Corbin.

"This is Corbin Searc, she's our new addition to the class. All the way from..." the teacher went on a bit of an introduction about her, and the girl stood quite awkwardly as she looked around the room. Humans...this many of them in one place...she was a bit overwhelmed, as her last school had been private for her kind only. Yet her parents couldn't find another one like that here, so this one with the smaller class count would have to work.

"Miss Searc," he concluded, snapping her attention back a moment, and the teacher smiled again before looking over the class. "Let's see...is there an empty chair? Would anyone mind sharing the desk today before we get her seat set in?"

The life of Kai himuru just like most of the others his age was rather normal even when he was young. A young and curious time for him of course having new experiences as he moved through the grades in school but also of course when he had been on vacation with his family, though now most of the summers as he was older were spent mostly at home sometimes even alone until a friend showed up. The strange girl who he hadn't expected to take someone, now being him to become eventually friends with her as they grew up.

It wasn't long until they had shared a bond all those years ago but now a distant summer memory as a month or two before he started school he had heard that she would be gone and that he would be alone again but the memories would be kept in his heart with a smile. Soon the first day of classes would start and eventually he would get back to his classes and homework until one day by chance.....a crazy thought that she might come to this school though even if that were true he had never seen the girl as they were older than before and alot has changed since she was gone.

Soon Kai finally sat down, his blue and grey checkered buttoned up shirt and plain black pants covered his skinny but tall form with green eyes, somewhat pale white skin, and dark brown hair. Today seemed like any other boring day though it seemed that they had a new student not just new to the class but to the school and even joining his class in particular. Kai rolled his eyes slightly as almost everyday he had an empty seat, as he raised his slowly and leaned back against his chair, " there's one over here...."

"Mr. Himuru, thank you. Miss Searc, you can go take a seat by him." The teacher was being quite friendly, trying to make the new girl feel welcomed, and Corbin was soon stepping over to the desk and pulling up a chair. She whispered a thank you and got out her first new notebook, watching as the teacher began the class. She would take notes at first...then take some glances to this boy. 'Himuru...' she thought, trying to remember the name. Then it hit her, and she looked to him again before whispering, "You're not Kai Himuru by chance?" He had been close friends with her, for a bit, but if this was him she didn't suppose he'd recognize her as a human.

She had quite an innocent face, and while she looked similar to she didn't look exactly like her demonic half. Especially because most humans didn't even believe in demons anymore! So she just returned to taking notes and snuck a couple more glances at him. The more she looked, the more she felt sure he was indeed her friend. The one she had always had quite the crush on.

He scooted a bit as he let her sit next to him, looking back at the teacher as he listened to the lesson before, " what? Wait how do you even know me? Y-yeah actually that's my name have we strangely met before maybe?" Putting his hand under his chin as he thought for a bit but couldn't exactly remember the name of an old friend he had growing up. " I guess we could talk after if you really want to....." adding with a shrug. As Kai leaned back a bit.

Corbin nodded with a smile, giggling a bit. She wouldn't bother him for the rest of class, taking notes with very clean handwriting and very organized fashion. At the end of class, she put her book away and watched as the teacher and other students left before she'd turn to Kai again, her amber eyes almost shimmering.

"I didn't think I'd been in school with you! It's been a long time, and I mean you never saw me like this before..." she began, almost eagerly before she took a breath to calm down. "Sorry um...well it's just you don't seem to remember me? But we were so close for a few years there, and I really missed you this past summer. Oh wait until I tell mom!" she was giggling a bit again and very excited, looking to him once more. "So...do I need to fix my hair right? Or tell you a story to see if you remember? I mean, you know my name already it's Corbin Searc," she was trying to figure out how to jog his memory.

Soon the class had ended of course as he slowly packs his things being one of the people to be the last to go. Turning to the girl he froze closing his eyes as he repeated the name a few times, " Corbin, the girl from the summer, the girl I grew up with....yeah I do remember but your the one?" Being a bit surprised as he stood up and turned to her completely. " yeah I remember now, your different of course than I remember I still know some of the stories of how we were together....how did you know I'm in this class?"

Corbin smiled and shook her head. "I didn't! I didn't even remember what school you went to...but we had to pick between staying up where I was or moving here and Mom decided to come here so I'd go to human school for once." She smiled again before moving her sleeve to show off the insignia of a simplistic rose on her shoulder. Her mother and father had similar markings, it being something of an inherited trait on the demons in her family line.

"That's me though," she smiled before giggling again. Without warning, she almost jumped at him with a hug. "I'm glad we're in a class together! I was so scared about other humans...you know me I never really blend in too well..."

The boy flicked her head playfully, " it was hard to keep other people from noticing back then you know..." he sighed and walked out with her to the hall as he leaned back against the wall and crossed his arms. " well I'm happy...." smiling for a moment. " there's no way I would of could forget about you....of course I don't have alot of people I know and I guess we could be together again like when we were younger if you really want...."

She blinked as he flicked her head, just as he used to. With another giggle she followed him to the hallway and stood in front of him as he leaned on the wall.

"It's not my fault, I was just a little kid then! Try taking any other little girl--or boy--and telling them to hold onto something really tight all day long. It's tough!!" she pouted a bit, then as he mentioned them being together again...the girl's amber eyes practically lit up, looking at him. "You mean it??" she asked suddenly, stepping a bit closer before clearing her throat and stepping back again. "I um...I'd like that, yes um..." she had to think. How did humans feel? As a demon you can pretty much pop in at any time and start messing around yet as humans...well she had a lot to learn there.

" well that's why I asked, maybe hang out over the weekend then if you don't have anything." Giving her an offer as he looked at her up and down to get used to her form again. " but don't know what to really do her though so we have to plan it then...." looking up to think for a moment before crossing his arms with a sigh. " or even oddly a date if you want, I've never asked or been on one before if you wanna know....so yeah..."

Corbin smiled at Kai as he asked about hanging out. "That might be fun--" but then his comment about a date. She knew of them but hadn't been on one either. "Dates um..they're for when people are interested in each other?" she asked, just to clarify before she actually blushed a bit. "Maybe just hanging out um...unless you want to...?" she wasn't the best candidate for picking there events. The most of her human knowledge didn't even begin to reach into the complex relationship systems. She barely even knew how to properly interact without drawing suspicion!

"You haven't had anyone even really teach you anything....I guess the best and easiest place is usually the mall, the outdoor ones are one of the better ones if you wanna go...." holding a hand out to her with a smile, " maybe if you like dates after this one we could do more of this...just stay in your human self and let me take care of everything else."

Her amber eyes widened and she smiled a bit wide. "Alright!" she agreed, taking his hand and stepping closer to him. Her hair was still brown, but a bit of a shimmer went over it as she giggled. "It shouldn't be too hard, I mean I have a lot of control. I'm not as weak as I was when we were little and I scared you like that..." She still remembered the day they met, her parents had been invited over by his as they used to rent the house next to his in the summer. So she came with them, and while the adults were talking she had gone to play with Kai. However her human form had been tired out and she changed almost instantly, fixing herself up with a lot of effort only after he had screamed and the adults were summoned to the room.

" jeez I never knew damn demons existed...." this time playfully ruffling her hair. " well I mean now there's movies and games and stuff about monsters and their pretty cool now of course and looking at it again I'm happy that I don't have a normal friend, I mean there's someone that's a weirdo like me..." kai joked a bit as he turned to lead her out as he let go for a moment with a stretch before taking her hand again and leading her to his car as he opened the door and waited for her to get and drive off to the mall once he was in as well. " so have you been really doing anything before coming here?"I

She walked with him and smiled the whole time, even as he stretched before taking her hand again. With another giggle the girl climbed into his car and hummed softly. "You're not that weird" she replied before she stuck her tongue out at him. "Anything like what? I mean I went to school and we just finished unpacking from the move but...well no, I never really got to be around humans. I went to an all mystics school until now..."

" but I still am..." sticking his tongue back at her as Kai started the car and slowly started driving away from the school and onto the road. " so you haven't done anything fun beside going to an all demon school? Though I can be a bit boring sometimes but whatever, I know lots of good places here at least...and in school have there been any guys that you would have been interested or even tried to ask you out? I don't even have a small amount of dumb luck for a girl to have a crush or even wanna date me like a girlfriend so I guess I'm stuck waiting..." after a while they stopped at the mall as there was a large bookstore at one end and a row of different restaurants on either side of the entrances that were at each end of the mall. Getting out, he waited for a moment before offering his hand again as he lead the girl to the main area which of course had a fountain in the middle and on either sides rows of different stores and more restaurants on either side. " it's actually better at night if you really end up liking this place. Tons and tons more people which makes it fun..."

Corbin had to think a bit before she took a breath to try and explain. "As a demon it's almost a natural instinct to cause mischief and toy with people. I'm a bit different, I want a real relationship like humans have and I want a meaningful connection with someone...honestly I have gotten a few compliments but I don't really like many of them.." she didn't want to just say she liked him, but she looked to him and giggled.

"Besides, if I start going out with someone else it would make less time to be out with you!"

When they arrived and he helped her out to show her around she smiled once more. "Wow..." she breathed, before giggling, "we'll have to come back at night sometime!!"

" ummm thanks...." he wondered a bit, why it seemed she was so interested in him and it seemed more obvious if course now that he was older to understand but deciding not to really say anything for now. " we can make that for another date then." With that he slowly took her hand and started walking through the entrance as they were in front of the bookstore with the stage at the other end and the stores lined on either side of them. " I guess I'm gonna go and buy a pretzel as something small to eat for now, but if you wanna try one too." Kai slowly turned and started leading her to the small place which was just behind and to the left with a few feet to walk over.

Corbin followed with him, holding his hand as well after the initial surprise and humming softly when he offered a pretzel. "No, thank you I don't really like them," she explained. She looked to him for a moment before explaining, "You know I'm not oblivious to things. A lot of the stuff here is new yeah but I'm not new to the world. I'm just...new to people."

She looked to Kai again before looking around. "I'm what others like me call Shattered, that is I feel for and think about normals too much." She was very quiet so only he could hear her, as she finished explaining, "it's bad for my type, good for yours."

" well I mean I met you when I was young and I didnt know anything..." he shrugged as they walked inside and ordered something, soon back outside again. " I'm a still a bit confused, how then? You should be just fine though with just me then...I really don't care about friends, But I mean I have one good one so thats fine though..." Soon he lead her down toward a bench in front of the fountain as they sat down wondering what to do. " did you see anything here you might wanna do? This is a good hangout place when your bored."

She nodded, and followed him as they ordered soon were walking to the fountain again. It took her a moment as she tried to explain, "That's why I'm so happy that I found a familiar face. I have very little experience with humans on a connective level, like school or social experience. I know about them, and I know about our shared world, but I don't quite know how to interact with them...and I want to." She rubbed her head a bit as they sat, looking around when he asked if she saw anything she might want to do and shaking her head. "No I um..." a blush spread across her cheek, "I was a bit distracted."

" then you might be thinking of something to do...." crossing his arms as he saw her looking around before he started eating. "It's not really hard, well accept that you would need someone to help. Just relax then and let's talk about regular stuff. I think that's it's also better then to have that one good friend or just be alone which is me when I didn't really see you." He wrapped an arm around and shook her a bit with a small smile.

She blushed a bit still before nodding and looking around again as he shook her gently. She did smile for him but still took a moment as she pointed to a clothing store. It featured gothic and punk clothing. "What about that one? I have to fill my closet even if i never need human clothes. ..and those are a lot like what we normally wear."

" of course they are....i was thinking you would more oddly bubbly and be obsessed with cute clothes and maybe a little nerdy..." shrugging as he took her hand and went inside. "But don't worry about that, this will be fun." Kai looked around wondering what kind of clothes might be there.

Little did he know, there were plenty of cute clothes in the gothica store. She was immediately drawn to a purple dress with torn-up sleeves and another dress that was white with black lacework and looked like a Victorian dress except much too short. It had a very low collar and off-shoulder sleeves. However she'd only get those two dresses before looking to Kai again.

"Cute and bubbly? I sort of saw myself more like Gaige from the DLC for Borderlands two..." she smirked a bit before shaking her head. "I guess I could use some more modern clothes...I do have one pair of skinny jeans and some tees at the house but that's about it for modern, everyday wear."

Back
Top Bottom