Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

In the King's service (wolvenrogue and nightsorceress)

"No my dear I can't. I wanted it for 20 years, but never had the right mother until now. It all just seems so right. " He kissed her gently and held her to his chest. They heard the trumpets blow as they approached the castle gates. The carriage drove inside the castle and they went immediately to their chambers where the chamber maids helped them to clean up up from their journey.

Aurora kissed his lips she was happy that he wanted children as badly as she did, but soon that faded from her mind as she heard the trumpets. She couldn't believe they were here already. She was very nervous. She was glad however that they did not have to speak to anyone and went right to chambers. She brushed the chamber maids away at one point she was able to clean herself up.

The maids brought the gowns that had been made for her. "which would her majesty like to wear?" They asked, waiting patiently on her decision. They stood ready to help her if she would let them. "It is an honor to serve our queen," they said. "many competed for the right to be you maids when we heard there would be a queen. Please allow us to help."

Aurora.watched as the maids brought in the dresses they were so different for what she would normally wear. She picked a red one. "Thank you for the offer of help but really the only thing may need help on is doing up the dress" she than began to dress herself only letting the maid help her with the back.

Robert was back in his element, the only difficulty he had was that they sent a new made in to dress him... he was married now and sent her away. He dressed himself much to the dismay of the servants . He could see that there were already some changes that woul absolutely have to be made..

Once Aurora was dressed she did her hair herself. she wanted to leave it down and long, but knew in this world it was not proper. She quickly did it neatly up hiding it's beautiful length. Once that was complete she looked at herself in the mirror. She looked nothing like herself and it would take some time get use to that fact. with a sigh she went to her husband smiling at him. Giving him a kiss. "are you happy to be back?" She asked softly.

Robert looked at her and pouted. He walked up to her and pulled the pins from her hair and let it fall from her shoulders in all its glory. He smiled and said. "It's not being back that makes me happy, it's being here with you that does. Please don't change who you are for the kingdom. The kingdom will change for you. It is the greatest gift they can have. They have a queen now! This has been a dark and gloomy place with out one. Let your light brighten p this place and make it whole again. I love you my dear so very much. and so will the people."

She felt her hair released from the way she did it, she gently tossed it about. It reminded her so much of how he hated it up when they first met. she smiled to herself remembering those times. "Yes well I do not think the people are ready for their queen to wear simple dresses with her mid-drift showing as I did back home" she smiled a little and shook her head. "I love you to Robert"

"Well then you decide... but as for your hair, I made that decision, and hope you approve. Don't feel afraid to make any decision because of tradition. Make it because it is right. I will always support you. If I don't approve any you will know and we will discuss it privately, after kissing," He said.

Aurora smiled a little, "well there are changes I will have to get use, you know me, I could be happy living in a little one room cabin the rest of life, this is much grander than I ever imagined." She gave him a gentle kiss "But there are a few changes I was hoping we could make, I was hoping that i would not need servants to help me dress, I am very able to do it myself, and if i need help doing up the back perhaps you can help me. Afterall, you are very skilled at taking my clothes off, it is only fitting you be skilled at putting them on"

"Yes" he said... " I sent the new maid they assigned me away. We will have your chambers made into a nursery, immediately, and the servants that were selected shall be nursemaids. I hope we shall keep them terribly busy. We will share my chamber as we did before, and dress each other. The sevants will clean the room and change the linens. We shall take care of each other ourselves."

He kissed her and offered her his arm. You are ravishing My queen.

Aurora was glad he agreed with her about not having maids to dress them. after all she wanted as much time as possible with him alone, and she wanted to have a normal life as possible. She paused when he said they would have nurse maids to raise the children which she did not agree with it, but there was no point in arguing the fact now. she took his arm. "Oh my love" she said softly clinging tight. "I still can not give over the overwhelming feeling of happiness with you as my husband"

He put his hand over hers and they walked out and down the corridor toward the great hall. "Did I ever tell you that my family is known for multiple births? Their are 12 sets of triplets and 4 sets of quads in my family history." he said smiling. "I am sure that we will need the nurse maids, there should be no trouble keeping them busy helping you my dear"

"No you have not told me that, and i can see by the look in your eyes you are hoping that when we have children, we have multiples. But as for nurse maids we will talk about that subject later when we actually know for a fact I am pregnant" She kissed his cheek gently she tried to push that conversation off for now, she did not want to get him upset right now.

He smiled and they entered the great hall The entire court was present and as he looked around, all he saw were the royalty. He had never thought about that before. He started to speak and and everyone was hushed. " I have an announcement, but its not just for the court" He motioned to the guards " open the gates and let the people in .... as many as will fit!" There was a gasp from the court, but no one dared say any thing. When the room was full to overflowing he spoke. "All people of Monrovia, meet your Queen Aurora."

As they entered Aurora felt butterflies in her stomach she felt the eyes of the royals burn into her skin. but their attention turned when the king let the commoners in. She smiled as he did so, but could tell by the look of the royals faces that they were not happy. When he announced that she was queen the commoners cheered and some of the royals however she could hear what some of them were saying, that she was never going to be their queen, or how she wasn't fit. She tried not to let it show on her face.

Robert heard the comments too, and he burned with anger. The next day he assembled his court, and seated Aurora next to him. He began to speak. "I was shocked at the disloyalty I heard from some of you yesterday. Thoug I heard none from the common people. You, I have counted as advisors and friend, but I see that my trust was misplaced. Our queen is of true royal blood, and from a kingdom that has much to teach us. She is far wiser than any of you. She was wrongly enslaved and brought hear against her will and all propriety, and it was all our good fortune that I found her, but especially mine. You shall know that you all must choose your own path and I free you to do so, but let it be known that anyone who speaks against our queen, speaks against the King and indeed the entire kingdom, and so will be dealt with harshly. Those of you who wish to may leave now on good terms, but I will not tolerate such a display in the future. You are dismissed." He got up and took aurora with him, and they retired to his chambers.

Aurora was truly bothered by what was said by royals. For her it just provide to her that there still people she would be unable to forgive because they were as hateful as she first saw. But she more bothered for Robert, he had such faith in his people and the spat in his face. When they returned to their chambers she sat on the bed and just looked at him for a long moment. "are you ok my love"

He brooded for a minute the looked at her with tears in his eyes. " I thought they were my friends, and they loved this county as I do. Some do , but many do not. They are here only for the power and influence they can wield. Well they will be weeded out." He now had a determined set to his jaw. He refused to allow them to get to him. They will be gone from this country within the year or we will be." he said.

Aurora slowly moved off the bed and wrapped her arms around him. "I am sorry my Love, i guess to some power is more addicting then anything else." When he said either his nobles would be gone or they would be she felt bad. She knew if she was not here there would be no problem. She sighed a little.

He could see the distress in her eyes. "Come here my dear" he said, "Don't trouble yourself over a few corrupt men and their ladies. We will deal with them. We are one person now, almost one body", he rubbed her tummy softly with a hopeful look in his eyes, " that will be true no matter where we are or what we are doing. If these ingrates think, that they will destroy that they are sadly mistaken. This is a lovely palace, but it is just empty stone without a king and queen. We might just move our palace to the boarder of our countries, and rule from there. I wonder how long they would stick around once the money was shut off?"

He hugged her and kissed her. Why don't we see to the plans for our new nursery? Hmmm?

"I Just feel horrible that I was one the to bring out their colors, and I feel horrible because everything i thought they were was coming true, I so wanted everything to be perfect for you, I wanted your people to be what you thought of them. Good people." She sighed a little. her head rested on his chest. but then slowly lifted up and smile. "It would be nice to work on plans for the nursery, but even nicer to know if i was truly pregnant, this waiting is driving me mad"

"My life here was never perfect, especially before I met you. When I spoke of my people, I spoke of the people who filled the grand hall last night most every barrel will have a few snakes in it and this one is no different. Yes I was angry, but not discouraged. I told you you would bring change here. I knew it was needed, and it is."

He walked her through the door to her chambers, and looked around. Now what shall we do with this my dear?

It had been almost two months since Aurora had come to his castle. She watched as he poor husband struggled with his royals trying to weed out the one that were causing him trouble because of her. But it seemed that his royals were starting to band together and it would be more difficult then once thought to fix things. She hated to see that and she hated to see the toll it took on her husband. She wanted to get him away from all this trouble and had arranged for them to travel back to her parents land for a few days to take his mind off the trouble here.

For his sake Aurora had secluded her self in their chambers, she figured it would be easier for him to deal with the royals if she was not by his side they might not give them as much respect and make it harder on him. But it was taking it toll on her as well being caged in a room, she did not even take notice to first few signs of pregnancy. She was busy counting down the days till they left.

Robert called together the loyalist in his court. He had made his decision, the cancer would be cut from his kingdom. he would muster his troops and run them out. He could not leaver the country with treasonous courtisons around to cause trouble. They planned the cleansing for the next mornings meal. They would be rounded up and exciled.

with that settled his calmed down and went to see his bride. He arranged for a carriage, He wanted to take he back to the lake, where they could be alone and enjoy each other.

Back
Top Bottom