Historical Romance with a Twist of Fantasy [F/M, F/F, M/M]

Kalypso

Planetoid
I've been dying for a historical romance with a twist of fantasy. And yeah, I know, what a creative title.

As in, set in a Victorian or 19th century setting. I've been binge reading a lot of 19th century Russian literature, and now I'm thirsting for it. I don't expect you to be an expert in 19th century society or culture, Russian or otherwise. This isn't a history test, after all. I'd even welcome some anachronisms for the sake of convenience or creativity! (Such as female police officers/soldiers in Victorian society, or inventions from the 1890s being present in an RP taking place in 1870-1890.. like, I won't point it out or be a bitch about it.)

Hell, it could even be a kind of fantasy-steampunk type setting for more leeway if you want, I don't mind at all. What I'm really interested in are the characters and how they develop. Some plot bunnies I've had are:

----(These first two are quite flexible, though I've already formed somewhat of a character in mind for each scenario and I have outlined the role I would prefer playing as. If both roles are underlined and bolded, then it means I have no preference. Nevertheless, I am always open to discussion!)---

1.) (Vampire!Patient x Doctor) - A patient arrives from abroad, seeking treatment for a mysterious ailment at a famous and world-renown hospital. By day, she is lethargic and weak --- barely responsive and unable to sit up or eat on her own, let alone stay conscious for very long. No treatments seem to help whatever malady consumes her. By night, however, life and lucidity seemingly returns to her frail body. She wakes from her strange stupor and even communicates with her bedside nurses. Nurses have reported seeing her pacing about restlessly in her room, with some claiming to find her missing, only to find that she has returned to her bed well before morning. On nights like that, patients or members of the night staff are found in various states of injury, with mysterious puncture wounds along their necks.

2.) (Werewolf!Aristocrat x Potential suitor) - There is a wealthy and respectable aristocratic family in town. While they have long governed the affairs of the town and contributed their own wealth towards acts of philanthropy for the townspeople's sake, they themselves are hardly seen by the townspeople. Little is known about these mysterious benefactors, who are known for being as reclusive as they are generous. Rumors swirl around this family---some kind, some cruel, and all of them unconfirmed. One day, however, a servant from the estate enters the town square bearing an announcement that shocks the whole town:

There is to be a ball celebrating the 21st birthday of his eldest son. All people of the town are invited.

---- (These next two are far more vague and open to interpretation/flexibility!)----------

3.) (Demon!Painter x Student/Muse) - Working from a run down atelier, a painter of extreme renown attracts even the most discerning of clientele. Their ability to churn out complex masterpieces in impossibly short periods of time have won him the patronage of the wealthy and elite. They are rather odd in their mannerisms, however, and never have they undertaken a commission from a church in spite of the promise of rather exorbitant payment. Nevertheless, most people are willing to overlook their oddities. For the first time, however, this strange painter has announced that he is in search of an apprentice.

4.) (Human! Police Officer x Some kind of supernatural creature?) - A young officer is dispatched to an abandoned house after the locals reported strange disturbances in the night. Expecting to find something along the lines of a couple passing vagrants in search of shelter or mischievous teenagers causing a bit of trouble, they instead find something a lot more mysterious than they were prepared for.

---- SOME TECHNICAL STUFF ----
1.) I am 21, female, and in the USA. I require that you and your character be at least 18.
2.) I am open to F/M, F/F, and M/M.
3.) I definitely prefer build up to smut---I seldom ever jump straight into a sex scene. There's gotta be some plot with it, please. However, I can adjust how slowburn you want the romance to be depending on how you prefer it.
4.) I RP over PMs, email, and discord. However, I'd prefer we sort of get to know each other first before I share my discord.
5.) I do not like to roleplay rape, scat, extreme humiliation, watersports, or incest. I also do not rp any kind of DDLG. There is no negotiating this.
6.) Roleplays can be as serious or lighthearted/humorous as you want them to be.
7.) I only roleplay in third person.

----------------

If you're interested, drop me a comment or a PM! Thanks for reading this chunk of text!

Back
Top Bottom