Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)
Here is where I will further discuss and development the Nova Group RP with all the lovely people who showed interest in it. Let’s have a whole lot of fun with this!

You can see the link to the original idea and plot under the INTEREST CHECK

Combat system is being fully fleshed out and will be ready to run with here soon! Then we’ll start the Beta test on Discord, if there’s any concerns using that platform please let me know. Thanks!

Had a lot of people ask if they could see the combat system for Nova so here is what I’ve finished with, it should keep battles to about 3-6 turns only per player. I figure that was a good amount to keep things rolling without getting boring but enough actions to play out a good fight in RP. I also have to thank Freeko for helping me test this.

Combat works in rounds, in which each player will both attack and defend, the result of each player attacking once and defending will cause the end of the round, and players can then RP out how both shots looked towards each player. Each player will describe their hit based off of how effective it was. If it was a low hit, say you nicked them somewhere, if it was a really high hit you could say you got them right in the abdomen or around the chest.

At the end of the round characters do not die at Endurance 0, as its called endurance, your finishing blow is how you choose to corrupt, de-corrupt, or simply kill your opponent.

Now for the actual dice play:

For your attack phase you roll 2 d6 dice, which can be done easily with a bot I’ve installed into Discord. The other player will then see their defense by rolling 1 d6.

But Master Draconian, what if the defense ends up higher than the actual attack?

In the rare case of this happening this can be a fun little predicament, first all damage done to the defender is obviously negated, secondly your opponent is left staggered and you get to roll an extra d6 next turn, so you roll 3d6 against your now defending opponent.

Each player will start the game at Soul Level 0 as I’ve said, and the deciding starting Endurance or HP is 20.

How about the leveling system then?

So what I’ve decided here is that upon level up you receive +3 Endurance AND a +1 damage or defense modifier.

This should make it so a SL 0 could take on a SL 1, have reduced chances, but still be able to win, not making SL 0s immediately obsolete. If you remember the Interest Check you will gain one SL if you were evenly matched against your opponent in SL, and for every level they were above you you will gain another SL. You may be wondering what happens if you defeat an SL below you. That’s where a sort of experience system will come in where you’ll recieve half an SL if they are a level below, and half an SL really doesn’t do anything at all but save until you get another one. You’ll get 1/4 SL if they are two levels below. If they are 3+ levels below you, that will result in no experience. That’s simply too easy a victory and would be a nuisance to keep track of.

Think that just about covers everything, if you have any further questions ask them here and if you’d like to test out the combat system, PM me and I’ll give you a link to the training room in Discord!

I’ll be posting character sheets soon too so be on the lookout for making those.

Back
Top Bottom