Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

A Kingdom On Edge (Space and Ladydark)

Space

Super-Earth
“This dinner is very important Emma, for the future of the kingdom...”

It seemed that everything that her father had done was for “ the future of the kingdom” his mind was so distracted by matters of the kingdom even if it was running smoothly he was worried over small matters outside of the kingdom. Scouts from outer regions armies marching past. Deals being made and broken then re-made and broken. It was taking its toll.

Sighing as she slid on her dress tightening it up around her shoulders a smooth sky blue dress with white lace embroidered on the cuffs one of her favourite colours, stepping away she took a breath looking at the mirror at her fair completion and her deep chocolate brown hair tied up in a smooth bun held my many hair pins.

Heading down the many winding corridors pausing to greet the many staff members and have a conversation with them a lot of them were very humble to be working here and she had formed good relationships with them. She could hear laughing from the library and knew exactly who it was. Rounding the corner she saw Stefan , her closest friend, dearest and deepest love and one of the most handsome men she had ever came to contact with. His brushed back hair and tidy appearance made her smile as she embraced him pecking his cheek softly with her lips. They had been dear friends for years, he was the royal tailors son and often gave her advice when needed even if she she didn’t want it he was there.

He held her hands and kissed them a few times with a low bow. “ your father seems very on edge.” He commented gesturing to the main hall where he was most likely sitting. Emma nodded her blue eyes showing concern “ I know he is very worried today of all days I think it’s getting to much for him. He needs to relax, even if I suggest taking time away he is sharp with me. I hope that when this dinner is out of the way he will relax. Perhaps it’s a new deal he is forming, I will let you know as soon as I do.” She admired kissing him softly on the lips.

Heading down to the hall she saw the cooks bringing steaming tray of food into the main hall approaching the large chair at the front she kissed her fathers head “ good afternoon father, has our guest arrived yet since everyone had suddenly become busy” King Anthony nodded gesturing for her to sit down “ yes his carriage had just arrived. We shall wait till he is here before discussing matters”

Jason was seated in his carriage, he was looking over the countryside while his adviser told him about the kingdom. He had agreed to save the failing kingdom in return for the hand of the lovely princess. Then of course the kingdom would become his after the kings passing, he thought this a much better approach then just waging war. War cost too much money and good men, he only resorted to it when they couldn’t be reasoned with.

He rolls his eyes slightly as his adviser continues to drone on about the land and its people. “Enough... I know all I need to right now... This ride is tedious enough without your mindless talk about peasants... Wake me when we are closer... And watch the holes in the road...” He glares slightly and leans back against the seat, they were quite plush and helped muffle most of the bumps.

The adviser, Jake, opens the small window on the door and speaks to one of the guards. “Send someone ahead to level any large holes... His Majesty wishes to rest until we arrive..” He closes the window and moves to relax himself, since there was nothing else for him to do.

A few more hours later, Jason was woken up gently and told they were arriving. He sat up a bit more and went about fixing his clothes, he was glad he dressed simply, but still elegantly. His more formal attire would be horribly uncomfortable to travel in.

Back
Top Bottom