Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Baptism of Blood (Writer & Zero)

ItsTheWriter

Planetoid
Based off of the setting Baptism of Blood

"In believing that the undead are living husks, you forget half of what makes them who they are. They are alive. They have lives of their own. Motivations that push them to do what they must to survive. I believe that is their strength. You don't fear death if you are already dead. In a life where you are forced to be alive, you're able to live the fullest. To be able to experience what others cannot. To be able to do something in your life that most can never fathom of achieving. To an extent, they seem to be more alive than those who have a beating heart. Never forget. The heart of a Vampire is one that requires multiple lifetimes to understand." - Newkes, The First Vampire.

Rose colored curtains decorated the sides of an open-air bath, with a view that extended beyond the eyes of most. This was the most favored past time of her highness, Queen Viol of Et. A glimmer of light reflected off of the blood sea, giving the appearance of a bridge of light passing through the sea of red. It was a view that a vampire would die for. It was her view, and she planned to make the most from it. Slipping out of her robe, she sat into the small tub. The insides were full of blood wine, a mystical substance known to enhance the strength of vampires who drink it. Regular baths were common among the nobility of her kingdom. The nobles were responsible for protecting their holds. Its only proper for them to be strong enough. A great army looks upon the strength and wisdom of their leaders to guide them. A weak leader dulls the edge of even the strongest after all.

"Lovely. Isn't it?" Her body relaxed in the cool pool of liquid. "This view that watches over the kingdom. It's something that few eyes are blessed to experience." She turned over, smiling at her maid that stood nearby her. "I wonder if your friends envy you? A lavish kingdom like this, a beautiful view. No maltreatment from the others here." Her fangs were like clean silk, white like her clear skin. The Queen was a beautiful woman, one who was a symbol of nobility and honor with the new ages of violence. She was a living window to the past. "I'll make sure that they won't. It would be a shame to lose someone like you." She turned her gaze back onto the view. A cool breeze drew from the north, flowing through her long, chestnut colored hair.

Claudia nodded as she walked forward and stood beside the beloved queen. A woman she swore her life to the day she was rescued of the vampires who wanted to take her unwillingly.
She simply stood straight and held a fluffy towel in her arms warm and ready for when her lady was to finish her bath and dry off.

When the wind began to blow she swiftly tucked her own light brown hair behind her ear lest she appear to be improper to her lady. When her hand met the underside of the hanging towel she began to speak.
"The view here is undeniably wonderful my lady. I have been blessed to be your chosen maid. For that I will be eternally greatful." She spoke as her lips slowly curled into a polite smile that wasn't too big. Before this new life she briefly remembered about ths bit of her past life. A vampire trying to survive, a beautiful young vampire as pure as one could be nearly tainted by the hands of men and women also trying to survive. So she fled and found her home here.

"Tell me my lady, do other kingdoms have views so extraordinary as your own?" She asked and looked over at her. She smiled once more and blinked. Scarlet red eyes that showed kindness within them. She was loyal to her queen and though she wasn't as a knight sworn to fight and protect she was armored up from her neck to her feet. Her torso being covered in the finest armor she could afford.
The bottom half was covered with a long floor length skirt that was easy to rip away should she need to fight. Even if this attire wasn't required she would do anything to protect her. Her only true friend.

"Ha! I bet your rival kings are jealous. Or perhaps they would be should their eyes lay on the view of this wonderful place. It could never be as lavish as yours milady."

"I do hear of the other realms being quite beautiful as well. The Newyx Republic has a rather lovely view from the top of their tower. A shame that they have such a focus on research rather than the arts. There is more to life than just knowledge you know?" She paused, before thinking of the other kingdoms. "The Flaric Realms as well have wonderful mountain tops. The gaze of their peaks dwarf most others you know? As for those barbarous commonwealth people of Richtus, its a shame that they chose to pollute their region. Those machines that they make are ugly in appearance and putrid in smell. Agh, the thought of their stench is enough to make me gag. Forgive me Claudia." She cupped one of hands, pouring some wine onto her hair. "As for the Verduhn dynasty. They have a beautiful view of their own, although most of their people are famished. You know? Many of their people travel here in search of a new life. I hear that they are trying to build a wall to keep them in. Such beasts." Slowly, she got up from the blood pool. Her body was nude, yet it seemed like a model for art.

Reaching over, she grabbed the towel to wipe herself dry. "Oh, you shouldn't say that about the other heads Claudia." She returned her statement with a smile. "I'm happy though, that you think such a way for me and this place." After wiping her head dry, she wrapped the towel around her before pulling the curtains to the side. The dark sun in the sky welcomed her with a polite warmth and glow. "This is my home after all. These are my people." She looked down onto the streets below. People walked around the marketplace, viewing the stalls which had goods from all over the Vampire realms. "I just wish that I could find the peace that these people desire. Peace is considered weakness unfortunately." She walked over to her wardrobe, grabbing the set of armor off the rack. "And so I must do what I must to protect the people, even if I have to promote war."

She looked back at Claudia, placing the gauntlets at her waist. "Ironic isn't it? The only way one can find peace for their home is by declaring war. Alas, the pride of a vampire cannot be sated. Unlike the others however, I find my pride in my kingdom and its people rather than myself dear Claudia. Come, we have a meeting with the dukes to attend to. I wouldn't want you to miss on the food that comes with each meeting."

She closed her eyes and bit her lip a bit ashamed of her words. Her own pride had gotten to her it seemed. Claudia nodded and smiled slightly once again. "You're right my queen. Scold me as long as you see fit. I should not have spoken so ill." She said and walked to the other end to reach for the crown ready to place a top her queen's head.

"It is quite the shame, while I truthfully find their machines which are in development quite fascinating it seems there is a price to pay for such, and those who aren't related to it must pay that whether they want to or not... As for Sebastian... I know you said I should not speak of him that way... But as someone who fled from that place that man is vile... Should you ever encounter him I wish you luck my queen." She responded and bowed once and stood straight with the crown once again and waited for her to dress. A beautiful purple cloak draped across her arm ready to clothe her with as well.

She looked out at the view once more and smiled at the tranquil kingdom and all of it's offerings. She listened to Violet and turned to meet her gaze.
"It is rather sad, just know that when you meet the face of battle I will be at your side protecting you from as much danger as I can." She said and said it sternly, full of pride and confidence. Her eyes burned as a fire ready to down any foe that even dares to look in the queen's direction with hostility. Oh those eyes burned fervently.

"As for the meeting I have made all the preparations. I have picked out this purple cloak that I believed looked suitable with your armor. The knights are armed up and I made sure that the servants are working hard as well. As far as I know we should be ready to depart soon." She smiles proudly and offered her the crown when she was finished.

"Always the prepared one aren't you Claudia?" The queen brushed her hand on Claudia's shoulder, giving a warm pat on her back before putting on her armor one piece at a time. "You shouldn't treat yourself so harshly. You're a beautiful woman. It would be a shame to see stress turn you old." She turned, walking up towards the door in front of her. "But thank you. I mean it. Even those who are the strongest need strong people to rely on. Do you think that the previous monarchs could hold themselves up on their own?" Her voice was brought down to a whisper. "I hear that the last king wasn't able to get out of bed himself." She hid a chuckle, grinning at the thought of her predecessor. "A good king or queen needs people to rally behind them. People who are trustworthy. Who have powers that don't just extend to warfare. It takes a village to raise a kid yes? It takes a kingdom to raise a monarch." She opened the door, being greeted by two of her most trusted knights.

"Elsword. Vorn." They saluted her, staying silent yet respectful. "How does my dress look?" Her armor matched the color of her kingdom's banner. It was similar to a battle dress, although it gave no room for flesh. Everywhere below her neck was covered in a beautiful plate, with chain mail to protect her underneath. "Beautiful. your highness. Like a rose blooming underneath the two moons" Violet returned them a warm hug, forcing the guards to drop their form for just a bit. "Thank you, for everything." Violet was one who believed in her people just as much as her people believed in them. It was a symbiotic relationship. One that the other kingdoms found strange. All vampires have a source of pride, something that gives them a definition to their individuality. For her, she found that pride in the people who chose her. In the people who gave her the power to rule. She was a queen who was born as one of the people, who saw the struggles and suffering, who lived and persisted through them. Now it was her turn to give back. "Open the door will you? The other dukes and duchesses await me on the other end."

Slowly, they pushed the door open. It was a grand double door that led into the throne room. One that took considerable amounts of strength to open with both hands. "Finally. You're here Violet." One of the dukes placed their feet against the long table, leaning against the chair. It was a rather open show of disrespect to the old ways. "And hello to you too Duke Norman." Violet kept her composure. Although there was a blatant disrespect, now wasn't the time for infighting between two nobles. Now was the time to plan. A duchess raised her hand, following with a sip of blood wine. "Yes Lady Hwa?" Violet looked towards her, sitting back against the throne. "It appears that the invaders are nearing us. We must make a plan." Duke Norman slammed his hand onto the table. "Why don't we send our strongest generals to crush them? I'll lead them myself." Violet raised her voice against Duke Norman. "These people invading us understand the art of head on combat well. If we should protect our people, we should limit our losses." Duke Norman responded. "If we aim to limit our losses, we might as well damn surrender!" An argument began to ensue between the two. There was no clear answer of who was right. All each noble knew was that action was needed to counteract the threat from the armies of Richtus.

"I concur my lady, You have been nothing but gracious to your people, I'm sure many of us could never even begin to thank you enough for all the kindness you've shown." Claudia smiled and walked with her as she looked at her knights. The way she showed kindness to her Knights and servants. The way they gave back to her, it wasn't the sound of an empty compliment to appease her, rather it felt genuinely real from them. As she walked by with Violet she briefly turned and bowed politely to them before following her once more.

She followed her lady inside seeing the other nobles and kept her distance, oh dear... and now the arguing...
Claudia stood there and could only watch as the two went back and forth, even she didn't know what the best plan of action was. She did think of one thing and gulped for a moment knowing she wasn't exactly supposed to speak when it came to this.
"If I may suggest something, how about an ambush? If we are to learn their location of which direction perhaps there's an advantage to a stealth attack." She brought up and also though of the many ways that could back fire as well.
So she quickly bowed her head and kept it there. "On the other hand it may be foolish... I-I apologize for speaking." She spoke knowing that she was hardly permitted to do so. Claudia would never want to make her queen look bad either.

Claudia backed up a few steps to let the bickering resume, she knew she couldn't help in these situations. It was always back and forth and back and forth, Of course she figured that they would resolve the situation and agree on a plan at the end. Didn't they always? I mean it kept them alive for so long after all.
A red flush spread across her cheeks from the bit of embarrassment she brought onto herself and would look side to side at any others who were there that weren't noble. She took a breath and waited for the solution to this problem. No matter how long it took. .

"You know?" She turned over to Claudia. "It is a good idea. Their location is given off by the sounds from their metal beasts. If we could plan an ambush, we can deal a hefty blow with minimal casualties to our ran-" Duke Norman counteracted. "Why is a commoner even allowed at the table? She should be in the house of commons, not standing there sullying our space. What is the meaning of this Queen Violet?" Violet kept her demeanor. "She is my adviser. I consult with her when it comes to being the bridge between the nobles and the people. I will not let her be disgraced even by those who own lands in my hold. Do you understand Duke Norman? Or do you need to be replaced by another?" She didn't take these threats lightly. Although calm, she was one who knew when it was time to be serious. Claudia was like a closes friend to her. Someone she was willing to listen to during times of strife.

"Fine. But my soldiers are proud. If you wish to use tactics that brings no honor to our people, consider my armies outside of your command." He stood up from the table, leaving with loud stomps." Lady Hwa looked back at Queen Violet. "What a shameful display. I do see the purpose of setting an ambush. Consider those underneath my command willing to take a part of this operation. What about you Lady Emerald?" The jaded eyes woman opened her eyes, turning over to the Queen. She nodded her head giving a sign that she was going to help. "My thanks to you and your people. Lord Yuin?" She turned over to the bright faced fencer finding enjoyment in the food in front of him. "Consider it an honor my lady. There would be nothing else I'd prefer than to protect the people of my home."

"Lord Aron? Will you join us? I would be in your debt if you choose to become a part of the coalition. The people need their lords to protect them. We would find great difficulty without you." The duke rested his great sword across his arm, his body was clad in armor. Out of the seven dukes with a hold in the kingdom of Violet, he was the one who gladly chose battle over peace against nearly any enemy. "Nothing pleases me more than to bring the fight to my enemies. Consider them dead." He nodded his head. "It seems like almost everyone is willing to join in the defense." Queen Violet looked over at Claudia. "Will you be willing to join as well? I would be happy to have you as a part of my guard when we arrive." She turned her head towards the rehead sitting on the other end of the table. "Lady Agatha. Will you lend us a hand against the evils before us?"

"Aha~ Don't let the door hit you on your way out Norman. We wouldn't wish for your bad energy to taint the walls." Lady Agatha shot and smiled as he left. With a sip of her blood wine she sighed heavily. Claudia smiled and stifled a laugh as Agatha winked at her. She was happy her queen came to her defense along with Lady Agatha's sharpened tongue, but the Duke was right. She was but a mere commoner who was once in rags and covered in mud. She really was lucky to have such a kind and caring queen, Claudia smiled softly and looked down ashamed of even speaking now. She was definitely discouraged.
"M-My apologies Queen Violet, I should have held my tongue." She spoke and kept her head down.
Agatha chimed in and motioned her finger upward. "Oh chin up darling, he's always been stubborn and prideful just like most of us. He'll get over it eventually." Agatha replied and Claudia simply nodded without another word. Unfortunately she wasn't feeling any better.

"Tsk, I swear that man can be so frustrating. I concur with advisor Claudia, the element of surprise far surpassed any 'honorable' battle I've seen." Another swig of wine. "Honor will mean nothing when cities are ravaged and the people within are nothing but ashes un the wind. My soldiers and resources I entrust to you my lady. We must deal with this threat quickly... If we do not I fear that we and the other kingdoms will be greatly endangered." She spoke and set her glass down. Agatha ran a hand through her curled red hair that she let fly freely. She may have been clothed in a posh and extravagant ball gown, but under the heavy skirts was the armor that had never failed to keep her safe.

"If it's a fight they want then they shall get one!" Agatha grinned and looked around at the other lords and ladies here.

Claudia looked at Violet and bowed. "My lady, I wear this armor for one reason alone. To fight at your side and protect that which is dearest to my heart, I would be honored to fight along side you and everyone in this very room." She spoke and stood back up with a hand to her heart.

Agatha looked at the woman up and down with a wide grin. "I see that this one has that fire in her eyes. You definitely picked a good woman Violet."

"I'd like to say that the right woman picked me." She walked over to the table, spreading the map for all to see. "This is where my scouts have told me that the army of Richtus is planning to head through." She began to mark the map using ink. "They'll be pushing through this forest to attack a forest village inside the Duchy of Hwa. Here, we could set some troops up for an ambush once they pushed in deep enough. Considering our options here, someone has to be the bait. The others should go and surround them. That way, they'll be forced to spread their attention on not just one of us but rather all of us." She looked towards the lords and ladies who decided to join before marking the map with her inked quill. "Lady Agatha, I'll leave it up to you to decide where you want to deploy."

She looked over to the others. "Lord Yuin, please hide your fencers in the forest. I wish for you to join the ambush group." Lord Yuin nodded. "Certainly your highness. My shadow fencers and I will never let you down." Violet began to circle the forests surrounding their predicted path. "As for you Lady Hwa, I believe that you have some talented mages in your hold yes?" Lady Hwa nodded her head. "Only the best in the kingdom." Violet responded. "I believe you should be next to me. The mages have a long enough range to avoid being in the gist of close combat. if they are within the safety of our stead, I believe that they will provide considerable results." Lady Hwa looked over to her closest mage standing nearby before looking back. "I believe that your order is well grounded and kind. My mages will leave a warning for those who come next. Once you come into this kingdom, your body is consider less than even the ashes of those incinerated before you." A part of her devilish side came out before she went back to consuming her blood wine.

"Sir Aron. Would you help lead the counterattack once the ambush commences?" Lord Aron grabbed the butter knife in front of him. "I find no greater pleasure than to bring the fight to our enemies." With one swift strike, he planted the butter knife deep into the table, on the map where their enemies were considered to be. "Always the extra one, aren't you not?" He smirked at her. "If I wasn't the extra one, we wouldn't be enjoying the peace we have here." Even the lords and ladies understood the integral role he played in the defense in the war against the Dynasty of La Verduhn De Santo. Through the charge of his pious followers known as the knights of blood, they were able to push through the battle lines escorting Queen Violet to safety. "And for that, I'm eternally grateful.

"Lady Emerald, can you lead your shield maidens to guard the walls of the village? In the case that the battle turns against us, I wish that the people still have a line of defense. Lady Hwa and I shall be in the village as well." Lady Emerald nodded her again. Even though she didn't have a voice to speak of her own, the motions of her head spoke volumes over her intentions. With a loud bang, Lady Ciph opened the door, out of breath. "Late again?" Lady Ciph was the youngest of the dukes. "I was... In traffic..." She huffed and puffed, sitting in her open seat before placing her face onto the table. "Can you lead your Drake Riders with Lord Aron? We need swiftness in our attack, less we give our enemies a chance to gather their resolve. I wish to reduce the amount of casualties as much as possible." She raised a hand giving a thumbs up before lifting her head and drinking the blood wine as if it were water. "Gotcha..."

Slowly, Queen Violet looked over to Claudia. "As for you, dear Claudia. I wish you didn't treat yourself so harshly. You know? You're a beautiful and strong lady. If you distinguish yourself in battle like Aron has, you can earn a piece of the kingdom yourself." A warm smile grew across her face. "Maybe even a lover who can warm your bed."

Agatha nodded and began examining the map thoroughly, when she came up with a plan she odded and began to point. "I can lay down two illusionists each a few yards apart. One illusionist along can cover a small group so should they be spread out and protected they may be able to hide our troops even more. Then if I spread some throughout the trees then they will be able to mask the presence of those waiting in the ambush. As for the others I have yet to decide Perhaps they can be disguised as other troops and surprise them with illusionary tactics that would mess with their heads." She spoke and leaned back in her seat and finishing the last of her blood wine. She flashed those pearly white fangs and had given the widest grin. Oh the joy of combat, possibly outsmarting your opponent and watching them squirm, lying in wait as the come up and SNAP!
The thrill of such fighting you could say was... intoxicating.

Lady Agatha was truly a sadist, some called her Death's Mistress or others would simply name her as The Red Lady.
She seemed so carefree and definitely had some oddities to her, a woman fit to fight and lead, she would hide in the shadows and carefully watched then would strike at the most convenient time and taking her prize.

"Oh Ciph you finally made it! I was wondering if you were just late or if one of your beautiful drakes decided to snack on you today. I'm so greatful it's the former~! Although we should really get you some more blood wine... You look like you could collapse any moment darling~" Lady Agatha teased and smiled as she watched her practically crash.

Claudia stood up straight and looked over at Lady Ciph. "My lady, do you require aid? Should I fetch you something to rest your head upon? You look quite weary." She spoke and seemed a bit concerned. Though her priority was primarily directed to Violet she still deeply cared for the other dukes and duchesses... And yes that included Norman.

Claudia smiled softly and bowed her head then looked upon her dear friend once more. "Ah, I appreciate your kindness my lady." She looked at Aron for a moment and warmly smiled at him then back to Violet. "Whilst I will gladly do so as long as you wish it be..." Her voice trailed off and she was trying to find the right words.
Claudia opened her mouth to speak, "So long as it is in my hands I will stand and be your sword and shield your Highness. A part of the kingdom would be wonderful... a... a lover would be marvelous." She began to blush as those words crossed her lips though she hoped it wasn't too noticable which it wasn't considering her porcelain skin. "But your safety above all will always be my priority, Should I receive such luck to shine bright as the warming sun like he has or even more than so..." She began to smile brightly even if such a thing wasn't exactly proper. "My pride lies with you and bringing safety to you and those around you and nothing more." She stated and Agatha rose her eyebrows a bit surprised.

She hadn't seen many who would just turn down such a thing to remain as nothing more than a servant. The truth was that Claudia never saw herself as strong or beautiful though it was definitely true. She had just seen herself as a simple servant under the queen and doing as she was told and defending her with her life.

She definitely knew many vampires who's pride was in their ruler. Though some showed it better than others and those others had more than proven their devotion to those they were dedicated to. If Claudia hadn't met that yet then she would certainly try her hardest, and only death would cease her efforts.

"No need to be bashful in the court. We're all family here." She looked towards her people, raising her glass. "For now, we eat. Once we finish, we should march to our enemies for the sake of our people!" The others raised their glasses in support. They were all motivated by a similar goal, to protect their home from those who wish to do it harm. After taking a long sip of the glass, Queen Violet sat once more in her chair enjoying the company. "My, aren't you a humble one. Have some pride in yourself. You are considered highly among both the lords and the common people. To an extent, I believe that they would prefer you over even some of the lords and ladies sitting in the table in front of you." She took another sip, dipping her fangs in the cool wine. "A rags to riches story. A slave from one kingdom to a lady in another? Then taking the fight back to the people who enslaved her. You know, there would be many who would rally behind you."

Queen Violet clapped her hands, ordering one of her guards to fetch her a fine seat. A golden chair was set right next to the throne. Although not as marvelous, it had velvet cushions made of the finest silk the kingdom had to offer. The detailing of it made it look like a chair that could even rival that of the throne. "I'd wish for you to lead your own detachment for the upcoming battle Claudia. There are lands that are lordless. Law is not upheld there and I need someone trustworthy to govern it. I understand you wish to protect me, and I'll be happy to oblige in that wish. But I feel as though there is more out there for you. You're strong. Courageous. Proud of the country you belong in. There's no other traits that a queen would rather have for her subjects. Please, lead your own and reign your fate with your own hands. You're destined for greatness Claudia. And besides." She handed her a glass of blood wine, filling it up to the near brim. "If you wish, you can have your own governer watch over your lands while you assist me during times of battle. Feel free to visit often. The gates of this castle are always open to such a close friend."

A little murmur escaped from her mouth as she looked down at her wine glass. "Oh how much I'll envy the man you will fall in love with." She sat back, looking over her own people. The time for battle was soon. Anything that helped relieve the tenseness in her body was more than welcome. Due to the nature of this meeting, the feast was far from abundant. For the sake of time, Queen Violet hosted the meeting with just enough food and drink for a single night as the next day was meant for the fight. The armies of Richtus were rather fast and destructive. The longer they took and the further they got into the kingdom, the more destruction that was laid in their wake. They believed in complete destruction, differing not between villager and army. Their wars against any one of the great kingdoms forced famines and fears. They would even take slaves to work in their numerous factories that blacked out the skies. Queen Violet was not going to stand by and feast while their armies stood near her gates. She wanted to end this war now.

The feast ended soon as the lords and ladies began to summon their armies. Due to the rushed nature, they weren't able to gather large amounts in time for the battle. With the Queen's tactics, they did stand a good chance at victory, although not every battle ever goes to plan.

Claudia smiled softly as she sat in the chair. She looked up at the guards and smiled sweetly. "Thank you very much." She spoke and looked at Violet.
"My queen, you praise me too much, I'm flattered." She smiled happily and looked a bit suprised at the glass of blood wine. She had very few chances to taste such a substance. She smiled and drank it happily, she seemed to have brightened up as she drank the rare substance.
"I need no pride in myself Violet. My pride rests within you, should people rally with me I will take pride in them." She smiled and sipped her own wine. Those looking at them could even see the way Claudia unintentionally mimicked the way Violet drank, sat and posed. She never realized it though it just sort of happened.
She heard her next words and her face flushed red slightly.
"M-My lady! I-I um..." She had gone from a calm and composed woman to a flustered and suttering little girl.
Agatha giggled and leaned back in her seat as she downed more wine. "Well if we survive this war and the lady proves herself then perhaps we should find her a husband to wed and bed." She winked and looked at her comrades. This only made Claudia blush brighter as her eyes widened and she looked down. She had never pondered on it much. She was always so invested in the Queen and the people therein. "Ah, I don't know many men that would take interest in someone like me." She chuckled and Agatha looked her up and down. "Oh please darling you really are too humble! Please, I'm sure you could sate the tastes for any vampire~ And I'm not talking just blood here sweet heart." She said as Claudia slowly leaned on the table face first. Agatha was and always would be relentless with her jokes, If it wasn't with the other Dukes and Duchesses it was the lesser people.

Lady Agatha was readying her forces. Illusionists garbed in red robes with plates of armor below. They began to make their way to the trees and at the sides of the troops as instructed. Agatha over seen it and nodded her heads at the lords and ladies as they were put into place, her hefty red gown now replaced with a set of armor and her blades at her side.
"We will win this war, we will fight for eachother and for the queen! There aren't many of us sure, but we can hold them off and win this war. So stay smart and stay strong, fight for your pride lest it be taken away from you. Fight for your family and their safety, for honor and peace, and so that those who cannot fight nor have the voice to speak don't have to." She spoke out and sent off her troop leaving a squad around for protection.
They quickly casted their spells and created their realistic illusions, they stuck to trees and troops and waited for the signal to cast the rest.

Agatha nodded and readied herself with her spear at her side. They could come from anywhere if they wanted, so she had to be ready at all times and closed her eyes. Her body began to duplicate, then another. There were three in total and they immediatly spread out to vulnerable sides of the kingdom with four other illusionists each and waited.

Claudia was battle ready this day. She was among other men and women ready to fight for the kingdom dressing up. She looked at herself naked for the moment and sighed closed her eyes. She then armored up and checked others, after the examination of the troops she went back up to Violet. Some last words to exchange incase she fell in battle.
She was checking her Queen's armor and making sure it was at the best it could bet. "My lady... if I may say... should we hide the key? I know Richtus starts these damned wars for the hell of it... but what if they try to grab the key this time? If we stay too focused on the front lines we might lose something else... Though sometimes I do wonder what's on the otherside... " She sighed and smiled at her.

"Are you ready my lady?" she asked and looked at her with a determined face. Her eyes were filled with flames of passion and she was ready for battle.

"Sorry Claudia, but that is a request that I cannot fulfill. You see?" She held up the key shard, looped through a necklace held close to her neck. "This is the symbol of our kingdom from the generation before. Our people rally behind their queen, the flag, and the shard. It shouldn't be held within the inside of some box." She placed it once more within her armor before donning her helmet. The full set gave her a noble look, although there were scratches on the helm from the battles not too far from now. "I'm ready as I will ever be dear Claudia." She walked outside of her tent before parading with her horse to the battlefield. Those of her closest guard which she was able to call at a moments notice were brought close to her, giving a layer of meat that blocked her off from the sight lines of the metal beasts beyond the forest. Nearby, Lady Hwa and Lady Emerald prepared their troops for war. The mages of the Hwa hold adorned themselves in red, enchanted robes. The symbols on their entails dictated passages from magical books only spread about within her territory. As for lady Emerald, she wore the same armor that her people wore. A beautiful set of Jade gear protected them from head to toe, marching to the gate like a sea of green ready to swallow those unfortunate to be stuck in their path whole.

Nearby the front lines, Lord Yuin laid in wait within the shadows of the scarlet forest. His fencers were agile, their color dark enough to hide within the zones where the sun cannot reach. Quietly, he and his people vanished within the trees, ready for the ambush they've set for the invaders. Lord Aron made his appearance in a clearing right beyond the ambush area. His group was clear for all to see, just as his intention in battle. He wanted to spill the blood of those who set foot within the place he called home. "My great sword thirsts for the blood of enemies. Come on men! Come on women! Come all! Fight with me at the helm, so we may cleanse ourselves in a baptism of blood and battle. Lets show these invaders what beings a queensman is like!" He bashed his plate mail, starting a rallying cry that can be heard from all ends of the battle zone. His morale was through the roof, and so were the people who chose to follow him. Nearby Emerald lay the ever so hungry drakes, mounted by the brave riders who managed to tame them. Ciph was tired as usual. A bit of a haze covered her conscience. However, her bodyguard was always at the ready, acting as a father to the girl beside him. "My lady, you mustn't drink before the battle's won." He patted her back. "Must I give you the talk again." Lady Ciph looked up, a hint of drool escaping her armor. "I'm up! I'm up! Please! Not the talk again!" A chuckle grew around her ranks.

However, the sounds of their laughs and their rallies all came to an end once they heard the sounds of tank tracks rolling on the dirt floor. The armies of Richtus were approaching. Although they weren't one for tactics, their overall power was good enough for them to be a danger on the battlefield. They followed through and razed the countryside for nothing more than just the thrill of destruction. Although they weren't near, the sounds of their vehicles were enough to pass the distance. It was loud, and the skies above them were pitch black from the plumes of smoke they gave off. Violet looked on from the village walls, standing near the edge. "The time for battle is approaching." She began to clutch her hands together, looking down as if she she were whispering a prayer. "Lord Newkes. Please guide our army to victory this day. Please give us strength to resist our enemies, to protect the weak. Please give me the wisdom to provide the right tactics. And please, protect our family." She opened her eyes and pointed her gauntlets in the direction of the smoke. "If they choose to bring a fight to our wars, so be it. Let us show them what happens to those who threaten our home and endanger our people. Lets show them who to fear!"

She nodded and bowed down to her Queen, "I apologize my lady, I just fear for what could possibly happen... I was out of line." She spoke and smiled a bit. "Do you ever think we'll know what's on that other side? To traverse more than what we know here. I wonder if their technologies are more advanced than the ones of Richtus... Or maybe more skilled mages... Ah suppose I get ahead of my self, though I do dream of such things when I sleep... I wonder if it's true if more than just we vampires exist in this world... Maybe the waters are red too? Wouldn't that be a sight?" She began to ramble and quickly stopped when she realized it.
"Ah, I forget this is no time for casual conversation... Goodluck out there your majesty... I will always be here to protect you. I know you believe I am capable, perhaps I really am capable enough to lead my own people." She closed her eyes and smiled softly.
"My lady, as long as I live I will be your sword and shield. I don't think I could find any other place that's not with you." She spoke and bowed her head.
"I would love a man of my own and people to lead, but my heart just isn't there. My heart is with you and your people Violet... I-I mean Lady Violet! I... I should probably bite my tongue now." She laughed and smiled at her then went out.

Claudia took a deep breath and closed her eyes.
"Mother, Father, Daemon, and Saadis... I hope you will smile upon me and watch over my back as we fight... If not, then please welcome me home soon." She prayed and looked up at the sky.
She briefly wondered once more what life was like on the other side of those gates, or if even such life existed at all. She had dreams constantly of such things, She event discussed it with Lady Agatha too. The woman always had the strength of mind, Claudia also wondered what it was like to read the thoughts and memories of another. Oh if she could do that it would make things much more interesting. She herself was never too special though, her sword skills were adept and her magic was useable but needed more refinement, she could never chose which to master as she just always wanted to use both.

She looked at Violet's troops and smiled softly. "Let us fight for our right to live like all the rest, and let's being honor to our Queen!" She smiled and readied up. Her eyes began to have a low red glow to them as she adjusted her helmet.
She probably couldn't boost the morale as much as Aron could, but she used any words of encouragement she could muster to bring some courage to her Queen's people.
No matter what happened she would fight as hard as it took.
She rallied up and held out two blades and stood strong.
She along with many others was ready, she gulped as she watched the blackened skies. The smell was traveling just as fast as she coughed, it would be quite the struggle to breathe such polluted air, she would be lying if she said she wasn't nervous.
But she had to do absolutely everything she could to fight for her Queen and the people that couldn't fight.

She would look at the others and wondered if she could prove herself like the others, She sighed heavily when she didn't see Norman... Perhaps it would have been best to keep her mouth shut.
If this all went wrong she could never forgive herself. Even if all the nobles agreed to her proposal she couldn't ever forgive herself should they lose this war.

"Oh my dearest Queen... Your life is far more valuable than my own, If I die in this battle and you survive then it would have all been worth it." She whispered as she stood close to her queen. She wasn't exactly meant to hear it but Claudia started to walk and join her fellow soldiers.
"I... Let's win this." She spoke and readied herself to fight.

Last edited:
Over the horizon, metal beasts roared closer to the walls. Turrets peeked over the tracks with a pilot behind them. They were numerous, counting possibly forty or fifty in total. Dangerous alone, but devastating in groups, the armies of Richtus sent a large regiment to destroy the villages alongside their border. Behind the shambling tanks were war parties full of engineers to help maintain these war machines. For each tank, there were four engineers behind them. With nothing much but a wrench and a toolkit, they were brave. Many understood the complications of repairing a tank mid battle. Since the tank gave off an explosive like blast, the engineers surrounding them face an ear piercing sound and heat that baked them like a blistering oven. Most of these engineers were in fact trained slaves, threatened to be an engineer or their family being sacrificed as cannon fodder. It was a hard choice, but with the alternative being the torture of their families, they had little to bargain for. Behind them all was a single mech-like machine. Inside of it was a general from their army, fattened from the plunders of the villages. A battle with the general himself was little to fear, but the power of the mech was one that vampires understood would be a losing battle.

"Forward!" The general hacked and coughed, pressing his army closer to the front line. He extremely optimistic about this battle, being even so prideful to not send scouts beforehand. "Show these sword wielding fools what its like to fight against our might!" Within moments, the tanks were running down the forests. Their machines had no thought of the sanctity of the forest, regardless of what it provided for the village. Seeing the destruction of the lands natural resources, the Queen gritted her teeth. Her own mind desired pushing her armies forth to avoid further destruction, but her heart spoke to her. She didn't want to lose a single vampire, even if it meant that they were going to have a difficult time surviving. She sent a messenger to the groups in the forest. "Tell them. Do not engage until the tips of your swords touch the base of their tracks. Victory not yet decided until that moment. Hold fast. Patience is the deciding factor for us."

Without another moments notice, a small army led by Norman took the field. "Come on, show us of the true kingdom what your petty toys can do!" He didn't take any longer to charge into the ranks of the engineers, turning the attention of the tanks. "That fool!" The queen looked on from the top of the walls. "Our plan. It'll be ruined!" The leading officer of the army responded kindly. "Come on guys, he's squishy. Just run him over!" The tanks began to turn, firing their high powered shells into the ranks of Norman's small army. Body parts flew as their lines began to shatter. The tanks had no care of whether their engineers were hit along side them. They were considered disposable. To the queen however, these vampires were her beloved people. Seeing them being shredded apart forced her into action. "That blind idiot. Aron! Emerald! Move to reinforce the ranks of Norman. Create space for a retreat!" Aron moved from the forest, charging into the turned tanks head on. The sheer power he placed within the strikes of his great sword was enough to force tanks to malfunction.

Agatha's eyes widened as she watched the horrifying scene. As she ran up she looked to Claudia. "Claudia! Do you know shield magic don't you? Violet described it long ago!" She shouted out as Claudia stood by her side. "I do milady!" She confirmed and spread her arms out. "Then let's try to make it last a bit! We need to help them retreat!" She spoke as Agatha opened her arms too. A glowing light came from each, combined it would be a bit bigger than normal.
So they put it up with any power they had and tried to make an effort to block the large machines. At the least they didn't accidently cut open any more of their own, just the already scattered body parts.

Assuming they kept moving forward it wouldn't be long for the machines to ram into the large shield barrier they made together, and it certainly wouldn't be long until it shattered too. They had bought mere seconds at the most, they would be lucky enough just to buy a minute at this rate, with no other shield users around it couldn't be kept up for long especially with such a wide field to cover.

Agatha looked at the others then back to Violet. "You must retreat now Violet! If we lose you the crown will fall!" She screamed out as the veins in her arms began to glow and go up them. As Claudia continued her own magic her veins began to glow as well. This was all she could do for now. An energy shield only able to hold the enemy off for so long. Claudia began to scan around and looked through the barrier trying to get a look at any other incoming forces.

"Damn you Norman! Are you capable of doing anything right?!" She soat out venomously as the two women kept it up. It wouldn't last much longer. It was only a matter of time before it shut down.

The machines did not discriminate between vampires. Nor did they care. The shield had cracks on it, boding little time before it breaks. Unbeknownst to the two girls, but the sole focus to Violet was the dead vampiric lord laying amidst many of his closest men. Vampires never had to worry about the loss of life due to anything else but war. Ultimately it made life dull for them, leading them to pursue a rather aggressive lifestyle in the pursuit of finding a purpose and meaning in their own lives. Those who are revered were warriors, mages, and heroes of old. Many vampires were alive at the same time they were, experiencing the effects of their courage and bravery. That was now a different age. Many desired to follow after the footsteps of their heroic brethren. This became so normal that battle was romanticized among all vampires. That the only way to lead a life worth knowing was through great deeds on the battlefield.

Violet rushed over to Norman's body, pulling on his arm to take him out of the battlefield. Despite their arguments and the difference in mindset, she did care about him as one does their own family. Tears welled up in her eyes as she understood, they would not be speaking to each other any longer. Other vampires nearby who saw the dead lord began to falter, breaking ranks. Only the shouting of Aron and the sight of his destruction kept the brave in battle. They needed a leader that was strong. They needed a hero. Seeing the dead lord, the leading general of the mechanoid army pointed his hands forward. "Come now! Look at the dead vampire. All squishy and weak! They stand no match to us!" The tanks began to drive onto the shield itself, forcing much, much more pressure onto the two shield mages. A couple of knights from the Queen's guard took a hold of them, pulling them onto their beast like drakes. Elsword wrapped his arm around Claudia, while Vorn did the same with Agatha. "It would be a shame if you suffered the same fate as Norman. The queen ordered a retreat. You wouldn't want to get caught in the Hwa mages blast would you?"

The mages were all charged, ready to strike. With the tanks now spotting the queen and the order to charge, they began to fire at the queens rear, narrowly missing their target. The queen needed to bait them into the zone now that Aron was already in combat. With the loss of Norman, and her family at risk in the helm, she needed to do her part before the rest suffered the same or even worse fates. Many of her lords were women, it was already known to most of the kingdom what the armies of Richtus tend to use their women for. Retreat was now not an option. They lost Norman. They cannot lose this battle for the sake of the kingdom's pride. The rest of the army seemed shaken, but a few within them began to show heroic tendencies. They did not want to see their kingdom pillaged. They will not lose without a fight.

Agatha had that slight smirk. "Then move us, this shield isn't just a shield, Let us hold just a little longer." She spoke and looked at Claudia.
The young vampire was throwing all she had into this shield, though her armor covered it the glow in her veins spread up to her shoulders and her chest... anymore and...

Agatha smiled as she was lifted onto the drakes.
"My dearest illusionists, the best of them all!" Agatha purred as she watched several illusionary soldiers cross the battle field the way other splattered their own blood wha being hit and ran over. It was quite the sight to see and definitely realistic. It was hard to tell which was real and what wasn't.

Agatha grinned as she looked to Claudia. "When you were trained in this art you were surely taught about how to handle a broken shield yes?" The older woman smiled as Claudia nodded.
"You either feed it and let it love stronger... Or-" She was cut off.
"You reflect any damage it took back onto your attackers. Only a little longer now." Agatha yelled and smiled as she pulled up her sleeve, Claudia soon followed that as their hands glowed brightly with an orb of light growing bigger and bigger.
None of their own made it to the other side. Good. There was no telling what this would do to the machines or if they would even affect them at all, but if they managed to break that shield...
Once the tanks began to ram into it forcefully Agatha nodded to Claudia. This was now their only chance to do it. An outward shield blast that would damage or at the very least buy a few more precious seconds.

What else could they do? So with both girls swinging their arms the orbs of light had been flung directly into the most damaged parts of the shield. They could only hope that it either damages or leaves an opening for Hwa's mages to do even greater damage.

Illusionists were fleeing as well, but not before using the last tricks up their sleeves. They too had constructed their own shield blast completely make from illusions. It may not have done physical damage, but those under such a spell would most likely embrace such death if that were the case. Agatha's group was odd really, every new unit of soldiers had been trained with magic even she wouldn't have known or trained herself in.
One unit long ago had held up the weather, another would work with beasts of the earth and waters, and even her last unit worked with more telekinetic abilities. These were powers she didn't even study. Of course now her current living unit were all illusionists, perhaps one day she would teach them the art of shield magic, but no one knew why she did it. Some said it was because of boredom, others believed it was to throw off potential enemies which would work at times.

Out in the distance of the kingdom a lone woman was sitting on one of the towers, she watched the warfare in the distance and gave a chuckle. Just playing a soft melody on a flute she had with her, it was soft and sweet though no one could hear all but herself.
Of course if anyone lurked around I suppose they would hear it too. Dressed in basic leather armor and a brown hoot to match. Two daggers on her belt and lord knows what else.
She loved the thrills of watching combat and yet nothing tempted her to step in.
Did she want to? That was debateable, right now the only thing she was focused on was the flute melody she played and the small blood wing butterflies that were floating around her as she played.
"Such a shame really." She sneered as one purple butterfly had landed on her shoulder. "Ah... is that so? That Norman. A foolish one indeed, though I must say he does a good job at some things... Oh well. Another blood splatter on metal yes?" There was an odd period of silence between her and the insect.
"Me? Step in? Now why would I do that?" She chuckled and started to play again. The purple butterfly then landed on her finger as she played which made her stop.

"Maybe at one point, but not right now." She shrugged and played the calming melody once more.

Last edited:
The illusion spell proved quite effective in portraying a winning battle for the armies of Richtus. Perhaps this was the turning point of the battle. The tanks continued to roll forwards against the shield. Despite the experience of the general in physical combat, magic was an element that little of them cared to understand. They always believed that their machines would lead them to victory, even to the bitter end. "Charge!" He continued to push through, charging through their ranks. Soon his mech met the shield, siphoning the energy out. Unlike the other machines, the mech also had anti magic capabilities. The more magic that this machine interacted with, the more powerful it would get due to its siphoning. The armies of Queen Violet were smart in their own ways, but not smart in terms of technology. It was the biggest weakness of this group. Little in their own ranks would take upon advancing the technologies of the kingdom to stay close to their roots. It would only take time before the armies of Richtus develop a machine capable of countering their long held enemies.

The illusions were a little too well done. Even those on their own side believed the facade. Queen Violet gushed about her own troops and seeing them being slaughtered like that wouldn't stand by her idly. She wanted to avenge them. With a shout, she brought her ambush troops out into the open, to protect the phantom soldiers. Ciph's drake riders dashed out of the village, rounding the flanks of the tanks. They may be strong, but they were relatively slow. The shadow fencers charged in formation through the fray, leading to penetrating strikes into the tanks hull. Even if outnumbered, the orders of the queen were absolute. She was not willing to sit back behind her own lines and watch as her front lines collapsed and her family along with her close friend Claudia being at risk. She wasn't like the monster that was Sebastian the First. She was willing to die for the people who died for her. With Norman's body on the ground, she steeled her resolved. "Mages, show them the might of the Kingdom!'

With Hwa at the right distance and her mages all charged up for battle, she ordered the command. Meteors from the sky fell upon the tanks as the ground began to shake. The Queen's units were out of range where the artillery barrage was going to strike, and yet the engineer core of the Richtus army was exposed to this attack. "If we manage to destroy the suppliers of these beasts, we can force them to starve." Hwa understood the nature of the tanks, being once a Richtus slave herself. She saw these machines and how they lived, what they needed to survive. The mechanic core is what held the army together, the backbone of it. If you manage to take out the spine that keeps them up, you'll make the army crumple and falter against even the weakest armies. "Let them be fodder for out meteors. Show them the wrath that we store. Let the grounds turn red with the bodies of our enemies. Show those bastards who they shouldn't fuck with." Seeing her previous captors struck a nerve in the Lady. Despite her desires to protect the Queen, seeing her enemies fall from her order was the second most satisfying feeling, only being second to the feeling of felling her captors by her own hands.

Claudia started to sway back and forth and leaned back on the drake and leaned back against Elsword. "Let us hope the gods favor us in this battle..." She spoke and started to sit back up with balled fists and a look of animosity on her face. She wanted to continue to fight hard along with her many peers, seeing them get decimated was something worth being infuriated over.
The blue veins glowed low and Claudia cringed at the pain she felt from the use of such magic. Unfortunately she was better at hand to hand and blade work than magic, that would most likely change should she survive this battle. "Hwa has the most talented mages I swear." She chuckled

Agatha on the other hand smjked widely and clapped as she watched her illusions be cut to shreds, when the meteors fell down she smiled at that too. Oh how she wanted to assist, but alas she knew nothing of such arts. Her attention turned to Vorn.
"Well I suppose I ought to thank you later for saving me from you know, being crushed by meteorites and grinded into a burnt and messy pulp doesn't sound like a good way to spend my evening." She winked before pulling something from her robes and started to consume it.

A glass bottle with a deep brown fluid which was bubbling went down her throat and she wiped her mouth off and grinned. "I can't wait for any stragglers after this." She giggled as her eyes darted around the battle field.

Claudia was glaring down and slipped out the same bottle and drank it down. "When this is over, if any remains. I will behead them myself." She spoke low as her eyes started glowing. She looked still ready to fight as her eyes met the gaze of Agatha who grinned widely at her.

Far off...

"Oh~ It seems like they may not need help... Although it makes good entertainment whilst the other undead cower in their quarters. What do you think?" She spoke and looked at the small butterfly. "I could only imagine the amount of bloody bodies. I'm almost tempted to get closer. I wonder how many uncontrolled meteors would fall, at the least while they fight we can look for the way out... Come now little butterfly... Let's go hm?" The woman smirked and hopped down off the tower to her own devices. The small insect began to flutter off towards the conflict watching and waiting.

The barrage was tremendous. The quakes that spread through the ground shook the peaceful landscape. Fires erupted from the forest surrounding them, going up in flames. The attack was a success, leading to the malfunction of many tanks that were spearheading the charge. The general of the assaulting Richtus army looked displeased at his army's performance. "What rookies. If the damn engineers built some half decent tanks, then they won't be failing on us. Engineers. Charge forward! those who take a step back will be killed with their families and their next two generations sent straight to the coal mines!" Some of the engineers began to turn around, not willing to push ahead with the suicidal order. Others just held still, afraid and shaken from the artillery blasts. For the rest of his surviving army, they chose to charge. The coal mines were given the nickname Hell by the vampires who knew about what it was like. Working endlessly til their bodies broke apart. It sounded like a nightmare for some, but for the unlucky many who were forced into it, it was a hopeless reality. They were far too weak to resist the strength of Richtus' Mechanoid Armies.

The engineers were weak individually but those who understood war knew that in numbers, they can overwhelm. Soon came the close ranged, bloody melee. Fencers, riders, and knights alike joined the fray to hold the line against the engineer horde. The tanks were too far damaged to be fixed with the tools at hand, and so the general deemed them now useless. The only use for the engineers now was too tire the enemy front lines, weakening them through attrition. Eventually any vampire would succumb to weakness once they lose their stamina to fight. The battle raged on all throughout the forest. The sight of her knights succumbing to a terrible fate at the hands of many engineers brought Violet to the forefront, battling alongside her statesmen. Those who were near to her rallied beside her with renewed vigor, eager to protect their queen who loved them so. She was willing to risk her life for theirs, and they followed through. Nearby, the Richtus Mech approached the queen. "Oh, would you look at that. The bitch decided it was time to fight on the front. Too bad, this battle is going to be your last.

"No. this forest will be your resting place and your resting place alone."

Lord Aron bashed the mech back, forcing the pilot to fall back a couple steps. "My queen, I applaud your bravery and commend your pride in your people, but you shouldn't risk yourself. This country needs a good leader. Many of us aren't suited for that role." Violet placed a hand on Lord Aron's back. "A queen who isn't willing to fight alongside her people isn't a queen who loves her people." She stood close to him. "Fight with me if you must, but don't pull me away from where my people need me most." The pilot mocked them both. "Bah, now I have to deal with two idiots!" Lord Aron didn't stand for any mockery involving his kingdom or his queen, nor was he going to let a vampire laugh from the protection of a machine without retribution. His sword clashed against the hull of the mech, forcing it to take a knee. "What strength!" His own troops gasped with awe. With a well placed swipe, Violet sliced through the hull like it was made of mere tin. "Surrender general, and we will end you quick."

"You should have finished me off when you had the chance you prideful curs!" He pulled out a pistol, firing it at Aron's head. His helmet caught the bullet, but the damage was done. "Argh!" He screamed. Slowly, he reached to where the bullet dented his helmet, pulling it out alongside with his helmet. His eye was destroyed. "Look everyone. A bullet failed to kill me!" Even injured, Lord Aron rallied his people. "Even without another eye! I will still serve!" With one quick slice, he took off the head of the general, holding it up for all to see. The engineers who charged began to retreat, tripping over the remains of their dead comrades.

Quick to move and steps not wasted, Agatha and Claudia were on the ground once more. Sure the oh so mighty general was dead, but none were to be left alive. Of course it was impossible to eliminate every last one of the rats, but dwindling numbers was necessary Agatha thought... Oh and Agatha was a sadist too. Claudia on the other hand was just wearied and marginally chafed.

The Lady quite enjoyed a good game of cat and mouse, Agatha always attacked with ferocious brutality and no one could get in her way of the blood bath. Her illusionists knew well of her violent bursts. You could say the shedding of blood and mangled bodies being strewn across the bloodied grass was something that would get her off.
Her scattered troops went ahead and entrapped those who were too slow and other stragglers. One by one Agatha would strangle and choke them until their throats could breathe no more and separated their heads from their bodies without a single drop of remorse. It was long and tiring and she couldn't keep it up for long even with the little brown tincture she had consumed moments earlier. Of course there were still too many and it was inevitable that many would escape, but either way she took her time as Claudia was a bit faster in her approach, using swift movements of her blade to behead those she still saw running and using energy shields to hurl and use as a more barbaric way to deal with them, she would bash their heads with it, entrap one or more between two and squish them like you would with a mosquito.

Claudia continued to scan the perimeter and wait for further command as her blade and shield met those who fled. She would.have to fight some whilst others were simply running away. She could grieve the fallen later. Those who were once friends when she was more of a commoner and soliders she dressed up with and drank with before those bloody battle. Who knows how long it would be until another attack would launch too.
Those thoughts often raced through her mind in the worst of times, her glowing eyes blinked as she drew her sword from the shattered skull of a mechanic.
The air around her would be filled with grief and woe as she stared down thinking. It was the perfect opening for an attack thought her senses were not yet dulled and she swung out towards the enemy that wanted to try their hand at taking another life.

They met a quick end when Claudia's sword met them between their eyes.
She returned to the side of Violet and took her time watching out for any other oncoming attackers. She didn't so much as let out a grunt by the time she came back.
Part of her wondered if this was normal of her. She knew nothing of the outside species that may or may not have existed, but she wondered if the other side would be like this too. Full or war torn cities and so called leaders tormenting their people and throwing them into suicide missions.

Agatha soon arrived at the other side of Violet watching the flying drakes and their masters too. "A most blissful day yes? I love a good bloody battle field, I may pass the illusionary spells though. Not as fun as I thought it was! Perhaps I should spend another two centuries on frost magic or perhaps learn some newer ones, What do you think my Queen?" She asked with a large toothy grin plastered on her face. "It's a shame we lost so many today, I do hope Richtus gives us a wee break, would be a shame if we had to go through another day of this hellish battle, but at the least my hands were dirtied. I believe my headcount has grown a bit more today." Agatha spoke in a pleased tone. She could never take anything seriously could she? It was always jokes and small talk with her, serious when planning war strategies and political manners, but all else? Ehhhhh Not so much...

Back
Top Bottom