Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Into the Mind of a Quiet Writer (Comments Welcome)

Viliya

Glutton for Darkness and Depravity
I thought it'd be nice to have a place to collect my thoughts, and post my story seeds that have yet to blossom into plots. I don't know how consistently I'll post here, but I'll do my best not to let it be completely neglected.

For today, I've got to get this portion of my dream out of my head. I saw a pile of stuffed animals in a corner with my stuffed Pooh Bear on top. My eyesight is going staticky like fast forwarding on a VHS and I'm trying to fight it because I know that's a one way trip down nightmare road.

In the end I can't, and the only thing that's clear is that Pooh Bear as it's normal smile turns into a clear frown just before it says my name in an ominous voice. I call on my guardian to protect me (I follow draconic wicca for clarification), and book it back to being awake.

I know it's significant because it's the only part of my dream that stuck so clearly. Not only that, but I have a sneaking suspicion it's the same thing that's triggered flickering lights in my dreams before, something I've learned is also a sign I'm about to have a bad time. Whether it's something lurking in my subconscious or some thing that's latched on, I'll have to get it cleared before it does anything worse.

Today's been quiet. There's not much really to write about but I want to make journaling and putting things down a habit.

Some story seeds that are rattling around:
- Monster/demon follows child into adulthood where relationship of tormentor and tormented is altered

- Dabbling in the occult leads to inadvertant servitude or some other sort of chaos

- Reincarnated lover of an immortal is cursed to perish whenever their love/happiness reaches its peak. Curse breaking shenanigans ensue.

Another quiet day. Not much to say.

I do wish I could find work. Having had only three jobs with a four year gap between the second and third ones isn't providing much luck. At this point I'm starting to think the Reserves will be my best shot. Thankfully I did qualify for unemployment so I can start to save up to file for divorce finally, but I don't like it. I'd rather have money coming in from a job that I'm working than be paid for just applying to the same places in my area over and over and over again.

The only saving grace is that I at least had the funds to move back home and put distance between my ex-husband and myself. I don't think I could have started working on moving on if I still lived in the same state. Not that I was making enough money to get my own place anyways, but that's beside the point. I left, and I'm healing, and I learned a lot from that marriage.

I need to remember that and not let it become some big regret that weighs on my heart forever. I also need to chase the shadows of him from my mind. He doesn't deserve to rent space up there and I'm tired of hearing and seeing things that make me think of him. It's exhausting.

Guess I had more to say than I thought. I'll leave this here before this wall of text becomes a mountain.

Busy weekend, so I apologise in advance to my writing partners. Was given a very sweet Valentine's day gift from a friend in the form of paying for a tattoo, and this weekend I'm playing D&D with family. Got myself a bard with the courtier background ready to walk into Waterdeep and start pulling strings.

Back
Top Bottom