Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

What makes you ghost or ignore a message?

See, I just had an instance that makes me want to write as little as possible in a first PM.

I spent about 30 minutes crafting a fairly hefty first PM, because they were requesting a thing that necessitated a lot of detail, and only got "I'm not interested" in response. I feel like I absolutely wasted my time. The more effort I put into the initial message, the less I seem to get.

1.) If it is clear they haven't read my request thread.

2.) If they have an attitude when messaging me about writing with them.

3.) All they want is to write smut for purposes of getting off rather than telling a story. Example being: Mother becomes her son's submissive sex slave while realizing the more she screws her son the more she enjoys it.

4.) People sending messages that have nothing to do with a roleplay instead trying to get a hook up. Nope.

See, I just had an instance that makes me want to write as little as possible in a first PM.

I spent about 30 minutes crafting a fairly hefty first PM, because they were requesting a thing that necessitated a lot of detail, and only got "I'm not interested" in response. I feel like I absolutely wasted my time. The more effort I put into the initial message, the less I seem to get.

See, I would love to get that message and the few times that I did I thanked them profusely for it. Most of the time it's a straight up ignore and I spend two or three days logging in and checking, wondering, hanging, waiting for a response that never comes. It's okay for people to be fussy and not be interested. It's totally okay to refuse. I never get upset over that, EVER. Even if the response is two words long. They took a moment to let me know where I stand and I am grateful.

On more than one occasion I have sent very detailed responses to a plot offering, and even mentioned some little code that they had asked for only to get no response at all, just utter silence.

What I just don't get is why someone would worry about how the other person would take rejection. You've had enough of him. If you tell him and he gets upset, then FUCK him. Who cares? If he actually does get abusive (which I can guess would be 1 in a million) there is an ignore button and a an army of staff moderators.

Just tell someone when you're done with him. If he doesn't like it, that's his problem. Why would you feel bad about hurting the feelings of a prick who tells you off for that?

Is there any way to win? I don't think some people who say they want to be told the rp is over truly know what they want or why they want that.

Or maybe there are some people who just want to be told that they've been dropped so that they don;t have to log in day after day, week after week, waiting for a reply that will never come. Even without being given a reason. Is 'I'm dropping you', or 'go away' that hard to type and hit send? Are you really too busy to do that? Is one's convenience to not have to spend those 15 seconds really more important?

Would you not like the courtesy of someone telling you to not bother waiting? Or are you so good that no one ever drops you?

I try not to ghost if I can help it, but sometimes you just get a message and it's so.... How do I describe it? So... clear, that the other user did not truly take the time to read your advertisement, and I can't help but think to myself: "If you have so little care as to even properly read what i'm looking for, I have very little care to respond to your message."

If I think the conversation isn't going to go anywhere, then replying to you is just wasting your time as well as mine. I wish I could ghost uninteresting people in real life too.

If I think the conversation isn't going to go anywhere, then replying to you is just wasting your time as well as mine. I wish I could ghost uninteresting people in real life too.
Honestly just this.

Also, I view it as, "If reading the initial message was a waste of my time, why should I reply?"

I typically don't ghost-- the only reason I've ever ghosted someone is because I stop being interested in roleplaying all together and disappear from the site/discord server I'm roleplaying on for a while. But I dodge messages all the time because it seems to be a common thing here, especially, where people either don't read request threads or message with an idea that's so banal and obviously driven towards a one shot smut fest that I just don't even bother to reply most of the time. I've gotten messages where it's like "Would you like to play one of my lovely ladies?" And that just grinds my gears, let me tell ya.

I don't mind if people direct me to their request thread if it's to do with discussing plot, especially if they say "Would you consider checking out this idea for our roleplay?" Because sure, I'm down to consider the ideas they've already come up with, and there's no point in them rehashing their concept if they've already written it. But if they come to me specifically to say "check out my request thread" I just ignore that too, because... why would I? I look at the request threads all the time, if yours didn't catch my eye in the first place, why would being DIRECTED to it do any different?

If I'm feeling in the mood to put up with a conversation, I'll tell the person that they obviously didn't look up my thread/interests, and point out the fact that what they're asking me for doesn't appeal to me, but most of the time I'm not interested in wasting my energy on that back and forth, because people who message me to get a specific kink I have no interest in, ask me to do a plot they came up with with no consideration for my own interests, or who type next to nothing to catch my interest are at least to me, clearly not going to be inventive and interesting roleplay partners in the first place.

Back
Top Bottom