Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

What is my Request missing?

Elleinar

Jupiter Bound
Roleplay Request

Above is a link to my Open Roleplay Request. Basically, I had a world and a handful of characters that I wanted to roleplay in an adult setting. So I dumped my background story, concept and character example into a request board.

Firstly, I would absolutely love any feedback on my attempt at creating a world.

Also, I want to know what you feel may be lacking in a Roleplay Request. I've come to understand that people typically do this differently than I chose to execute it, and I haven't received any response despite putting in a good deal of effort.

Do I just have to be patient and see if anyone bites? Or are there key components that I should be touching upon before I can expect a response?

Also open to discussing about building onto this plot/setting if the concept sparks your interest, but you aren't sure that you would like to commit to playing it with me.

Any comments and suggestions and input would be greatly appreciated, either way :)

Thanks!

As someone who was interested in this idea, I will tell you why I chose to pass on it instead. Since this is my opinion, and exactly that, you can feel free to regard or disregard it as you so desire.

Your backstory is good. Though it may run a little long, I felt that it was still a good enough read. It felt like there was a little too much information not directly relating to the RP here. I feel the next three sections are overly complex and quite frankly your request thread might be better off with out them at all. I would seriously consider refining this area as it is where you lost me. The Digital room section might be best with a shortened description. I believe that the Marketplace section is just unnecessary, as it could be a point of discussion with potential partners. I feel you are losing out on potential partners here since you are forcing something overly complex here. The last section, while more concise suffers from the same problem.

I feel like opening things up would allow discussion by potential partners. That discussion is going to lead into the fantasy becoming a reality for you. What if one partner wanted their RP to take place inside of a "pod" of sorts for example instead of strictly within the confines of the world you have laid out? This idea of flexibility is shot down by the rigidity of your request thread and the elements of it. It would be beneficial for you to cast a wider net. The way your request is written right now, feels like it is looking too much for a very specific thing instead of being more of a general thought that could be refined as you discuss things with potential partners.

Thank you so much!! I had the same thought with the backstory, but I'm sure you understand how it can be when you've been developing a story in your mind for a long time without ever putting pen to paper. It is entirely unnecessary but I wanted to get it down for future reference. I appreciate your point! As for the rest, I will certainly edit my content with the idea of "casting a wider net" in mind. My intention wasn't so much to be rigid and specific as it was to send out the concept and feel of what I was going for. I am however entirely happy and eager to alter things to suit others, since I am seeking an exchange of ideas and not just an audience. Thanks again Freeko

I would often in request threads try to keep the various RP prompts down to a minimal size. I've seen some people whom had difficulty getting through all my prompts because I blathered on too long. :p

Just keep things nice and chill. I found that it was much more inviting when I did things that way.

I think that your intenstions are good, the problem isn't that there is anything wrong in the least with your request thread. I think the big challenge or issues is the fact your making a open roleplay, those never do well. Group rps don't do well and open rps do even worse, you can look at the list of open rps to see how they have failed in general. pretty much from what I can tell all most all rps on here are one v one.

Back
Top Bottom