Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The Voyage to Vanuatu (Silverknight and DuskyPrincess)

"Actually, there's a device you might find very interesting," Niko said, leading Marcus out of her office and down the corridor, past his quarters, and then to an apartment with a table, chairs, and a few other devices in the room. In the compartment beyond was obviously the galley, although it had some unidentifiable devices in it. "Did you study the Scottish physicist James Clerk Maxwell when you were in school?" she asked, leading him into the galley.

Marcus was a very curious person by his nature. He was one who liked to learn about other people and things that they created. he had heard of Maxwell, he had gone to a lecture even by him ones. He nodded his head, "Yeah, I know the man, he worked with electromagnetic waves. It was a bit over my head, but it was interesting to see, and learn about none the less," he commented as he looked at her as he walked into the galley. He figured that this would be the most normal place on the ship. he was curious what the food would be like. He was figuring that the food would be something similar to the girl's homeland of japan with its fame for its fish dishes and such.

"Well, we have a lot of devices for cooking. Some keep food frozen, others chilled," Niko explained, "And we even have a device that will cook food in just a few minutes, using high powered electromagnetic radiation. So why don't you tell me what you feel like eating? Chances are we can prepare. Plenty of protein available, but then you probably noticed the crew had a high protein diet, since we're all so bosomy," Niko said matter-of-factly.

"Yeah I of course noticed that fact, you all have such very lovely bodies, especially you, Niko," he said giving her a playful wink as he walked in and looked around at the stuff in the kitchen. He found it really neat the stuff that they could use to cook. he was rather impressed, "I think a good sandwich and some soup would do some good right now, it is a night for some good chicken noodle soup and a good ham sandwich, if you would like I would love to eat with you, Niko," he said as he gave her a smile. He knew that this place was beyond anything that he had thought possible. He knew that the place was special and so were the women who worked here. He was one hell of a lucky male, he figured about as lucky as a man could be to have such amazing beautiful women around himself.

"And do you have any preference to the condiments on your sandwich, Marcus?" Niko asked with a smile, as she walked over to one of the cupboards in the galley.

Marcus watched where everything happened to be, ham and cheese sounds good, the most basic of basic sandwiches," he commented honestly as he looked over at her, "Now, your kitchen is really good here, it has a lot of stuff I have to figure out, but I was a decent cook in my own right, maybe once I have this all figured out, I will well make some meal for you four," he said as he enjoyed this, having a meal made for by a beautiful woman. What the hell was to complain about that, if there was someone who would be upset about that fact, he figured they would need to have their head checked. "Niko, what do you like besides books, I mean, do you have any secrets you keep from the rest, any secret likes or wants?"

"If I had secrets I kept from my crewmates, what makes you think I would share them with you?" Niko replied, sticking her tongue out playfully at Marcus. She open up a box and pulled out ham and cheese, already sliced. Then she did the same with the bread from a pantry.

"The icebox actually produces ice, rather than using it," Niko explained. She then reached into the pantry and pulled out what looked like a translucent bowl with an odd, perforated covering. "And this is chicken soup, which goes into the....um, call it the fast oven." She then put the bowl into a compartment, hit a couple of buttons, and forgot about as she assembled the ham and cheese sandwich for Marcus, adding some mild mustard to it. Within a couple of minutes, she had the sandwich ready. Just about that time, a bell sounded, and Niko pulled out the bowl and removed the top, revealing hot chicken noodle soup inside. "We do full meals that someone cooks, of course. Usually me," she added, putting soup and sandwich in front of Marcus. "And we actually have a box to put the dishes in, that automatically washes and dries them," she added, as she put silverware in front of Marcus as well. "So what would you like to drink?"

He smiled she was a playful woman and there was something rather appealing about that. He listened to her as he was surprised at the tech, but he figured that it was for the best. "I will take a simple glass of water," he said as he was not going to need much water as he then looked at the silverware listening more about the ways of this advanced kitchen. "This is truly a impressive place to eat at, I will give you that," he said taking the water and then taking a bit of the sandwich and having a bit of soup to go with it. The flavors were good, they were what one would want form such a dish. He was having a good day, and this ship was going to a new place and he had work to do. There was nothing wrong with things going on and he was going to figure out this ship. He just had to put the hard work to get that all down. He also did like that the place had its own um...eye candy was the right word maybe.

Niko was about to say something, when a loud blaring sound could be heard echoing throughout the submarine. The alarm was followed by Koharu's voice announcing, "All hands, prepare to dive."

Niko sat down opposite from Marcus and said, "Just put our silverware on your plate, and bunch your glass, and hang on them, like somebody was about to lift up one end of the table and make it tilt."

Marcus took a good drink of water when he heard it and then he took a sip of broth from the soup as well as he picked up the plate and held it as he rattled in his hands as he adjusted himself leaning backwards as the submarine went down. It was a good sharp angle as he felt the ship moving down into the depths of the water. He was sure that they were underwater now as he could see the ship shrinking a bit or he thought it was due to the water pressure form outside. He waited as till things ended up evening out before he put down everything back on the table. "Now, that was interesting," he said as he luckily didn't spill anything due to the warning. "Now, time to finish up, and go do some reading. When do you need me come for the next check up, sexy doc," he said teasing her again a bit.

"We'll do another pill tomorrow, at this time," Niko answered with a smile. You know where my office is, and my sleeping quarters are attached to it. And now you know where the galley is, and your quarters are. Keep to those three for now, unless I or one of the crew is with you. And for the moment, I'll probably be the only who can give you spare time, at least for the next couple of days. When you get ready to go back to your office, I'll take you back,. show you how to work the...interrelated submarine communications device. It's not what we call it, but again, if you don't have a word for it in English, you wouldn't understand the Japanese word. And Charlie left you a library of messages on your viewing glass," she added.

That made sense, that he would only see her in the short term, the others were going to be busy around the ship doing their jobs. He was glad to have the beautiful doctor at least to spend time with as he got used to things. He listened as he figured that the communication device would be a good place to read about the ship from. He finished up the soup pretty quickly and the sandwich. He would have his work cut out for him as he would have a lot to read, a lot to put out and then he would have to learn about this new tech as well. "Now, I am ready to go, whenever you are, Niko," he commented giving her a smile.

Back
Top Bottom