Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Portal [OOC Chatterbox]

Black_Out

Semi-Pro Stalker
Welcome to the general stomping grounds for those partaking in the group play of Portal to discuss the story itself and hobnob with each other. We'll be using this thread to keep in touch, relay any delays, share ideas, and address any issues that relate to the setting or the characters within the story.

G'day! How is everyone doing on this fine day/night? Thought I'd kick this chat off a bit while we wait for more characters to join us :) I don't actually have anything in particular to say, except that I hope you're having a great day!

No complaints here, one thing I was going to bring up was the general timing of the start of the story. Would the players prefer to have an opportunity to play out a portion of the siege or move the starting point to a scenario where they are about to face judgement, or some point in between?

I'm happy either way, but I think having a portion of the siege play out may be nice, to give a bit of context to how we ended up captured and about to face judgement :)

A part of the siege might be fun to tinker with. Soecifically with how my character is, give him a chance to esablish himself a bit

Well barring any last minute changes I should be able to work out the epic starting post for this sometime Saturday, or even potentially today. At least that's the present plan. What's everyone's thoughts on the current size of the group? I'm content to go with the roster we have. I do have one more player who submitted two characters that I've been waiting to talk once the make up of the group seemed finalized. So that would give us four, I'm fine with keeping the door open for a fifth as the nature of the story should make it fairly easy to squeeze another player in at any given juncture. Anything beyond that though I feel would probably be a hindrance. Feel free to chime in with your thoughts and desires.

In the interest of clarity, feel free to carve your own creative additions into Eastborne as they relate to the experiences of your characters. The setting of Eastborne can be considered a fairly open canvas, within the guidelines of whats been posted about it already. Races there and throughout the lands are fairly tolerant towards each other, though they obviously flock with their own kindred more often then not. Monstrous races such as half orcs and tiefers are generally treated with more suspicion and outright bigotry due to the utter dislike of their lineage. Still, lynch mobs don't mobilize at the sight of either. Regardless, given the current state of affairs most of those prejudices have been set aside for the time being in the interest of cooperation against the common foe at the gates. Eastborne is predominately a human settlement with the second largest group being half elves, followed by a small handful of dwarfs and elves.

Hey everyone! Two things...

I might have posted out of sequence. But I guess it doesn't matter at this stage of the game? And I may not have time to post over the upcoming few days.

And I guess my character is at least bi-curious now... despite what the profile says. My post kinda just happened. :p

No worries, meomeo. There's no set sequence really. Just so long as everyone is kept in the loop of things.

Hey hey everyone, been a rather busy week of work for me, but I did want to take a moment to say how much I've enjoyed watching the various stories of the characters starting to unfold. Also, I do want to take another moment and introduce the latest addition to our roster, Octopus Prince. They'll be the last addition and I'll be closing down the recruiting for the time being. I have their character sheet and will be adding it to the roster section shortly and maybe making a few minor tweaks when I have some time available this Saturday.

Hello everyone! Nice to meet y'all- I'm so excited to be involved! I haven't done a group rp in a long, long time, but I'm very curious about all of your characters and what awaits them beyond the Portal! <3

I had Flora pop up on Hrothgar to get some character interaction and then looked at his profile sheet to see he doesn't like elves. This pleases me deeply omg like of all the people to come to your aid, it's a little wood elf woman with a fuckin' plant whip. XD

Yeah, girl's definitely got some issues she needs to work through. I also saw that Flora doesn't really like "secrets, those who neglect themselves or are reckless, needless violence," so she's probably gonna have fun with a part demon girl who likes to shoot her mouth off and doesn't give much thought to the future because she doesn't think she has one.

Yes, I quietly chuckled to myself when you opted to go meet up with Hrothgar. Anyways, I have to run my big furry mutt out for a much needed grooming appointment early this morning but once I get that over with and settle in for the day I figure to find some time to advance the story. Ideally I'll be leaving things open ended as the combat continues to unfold, allowing characters to have some freedom to shine and be heroic n' such. Eventually though things will wind down as the Empire just proves to be to much to handle, so if anyone has a particular idea in mind for how their character should come to fall into captivity feel free to let me know so I can work within that framework.

Just curious- I'm here and ready to post, but should I wait like... my "turn"? Since I'm the last to enter the campaign- should I wait? Cuz I was going to have Flora do something to save Hrothgar from becoming a shishkabob, but I don't want to break the train.

There really isn't any set order to things, so long as everyone keeps relatively in the loop of play taking place I don't see it being any issue as to who goes next n' such. Besides, I figure we're moving at the speed of convenience which would make setting an order up a rather hindering affair.

Alrighty- well I need a nap, but I'll go ahead and post. If anyone posts before me I'll take their stuff into account. Thanks Black_Out! <3

Sorry about my being absent. Uni just started again, so I had quite a bit to do this week. Will try to be a bit quicker in the future!

Not to worry Orlando, and most likely I'll be setting out a post this Saturday to move things along for those who are waiting.

Just waiting to hear back from Alvis since his actions are tied in with OP's. Sorry for not getting the post out this weekend, but I hope to have something by the end of the day here out. Thanks for the patience everyone :D

For the time being if Orlando and meomeo want to post their next turn that should be fine. Since the group is largely separated at the present moment I don't see any reason to not move forward where we are able too. Thanks for everyone's patience and understanding.

Back
Top Bottom