Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Red Dead Redemption 2

Rustic

Planetoid
I have to say, I just started it, and so far it's one of the best experiences I've had in a long time. I used to be a big gamer, and fell in love with red dead redemption. Rarely do I play a game all the way to the end, but this was an exception. I even began a second playthrough, also a rarity. I think it helped me fall in love with the western genre, and I started seeking out western films.

Then with adulting and no money (so I couldn't afford a new generation system), video gaming went away a bit.

But I recently saved up and got myself a playstation 4, mainly to try Red Dead Redemption 2. It was not disappointing.

See I've played a lot of games, and I've even been playing the new spiderman, but all games share something in common. They feel like games. They progress, each level is go from one to another, despite an open world it feels a bit linear, there's combos and dodges, and all those things. Sure Spiderman is really fun, but Red Dead Redemption really feels like something more than a game. It feels like I'm living it.

I keep getting sidetracked lol.. I keep getting into random fights with aggresive strangers, tying them up and dragging them through mud... I don't kill them.. just get them covered in mud.

You know, it's funny you mention that. Because I remember a while back when my dad asked me about what he could find for a western themed game for his PS3 at the time and then, I remember watching reviews for the original Red Dead Redemption and told him about it. So, the both of us got to sit down and play it, and like four, maybe five or six hours later would go by in the blink of an eye with all of the stuff you can do.

Now, a couple years later... I still have my dad's PS3 after he passed away. And I still have RDR1 as well as all of the games he has, plus with a few new additions I made to his collection. I haven't fully completed everything to do in the game as of yet, but... Perhaps I might at some point.

Yeah, that's what mattered in the long run. But I think when I hit that last trophy, that's when I'm gonna turn around, grab my phone as the notification comes up, snap a shot of it and say, "That one's for you, old man."

Back
Top Bottom