Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Question Weird questions about the "journals, apologies and absences" forum...

Jamiesue

❃ Flower Child ❃
I really like the idea of keeping a journal. I've spent some time perusing other users "journal" threads for information and ideas, but I still have a lot of questions.

One thing I've noticed is that the "journals" are open to comments from other users. I would want my journal to be more like a diary, and I'd rather other users not comment / post on the thread. Is this even ok? Do I just post that in the title or thread somewhere like, "don't comment" ? I mean, is there a setting for this kind of view only thread? Can delete comments / posts on the thread? I'm just not really sure if or how I should go about this... ? Help please? Thanks in advance.

You can absolutely add a "do not post/comment here" notice somewhere in your journal. You can note it in the thread title, somewhere in big bold letters in the first post, or both if you so desire. I don't believe there's a function allowing regular members to remove posts from threads they create, but from what I've seen people tend to respect your wishes if you request they don't post in your journal.

Hope that helped. ^_^

You can absolutely add a "do not post/comment here" notice somewhere in your journal. You can note it in the thread title, somewhere in big bold letters in the first post, or both if you so desire. I don't believe there's a function allowing regular members to remove posts from threads they create, but from what I've seen people tend to respect your wishes if you request they don't post in your journal.

Hope that helped. ^_^

Ah! Ok, thanks, that does help! I really appreciate it!

Yeah, most people are very respectful of those types of warnings in the journal area. *nods*

However, please do be careful about what you share online in a "diary" sense. It's a public forum that can be read by not only members of the forum but also any passersby who visit and view the site.

Ok, that's great news. Oh, well thanks, I will

Back
Top Bottom