Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

How do you prefer to roleplay?

Heavenly Huntress

Wolf Charmer
Banished
Do you RP on your phone or on computer mostly?
Are you one who prefers 1st or 3rd person?
How much do you enjoy being posted in a single post? What is your minimum and max if you have any?
Do you like to change roles a lot or do you usually enjoy the same roles with changed situation?
Do you push more into smut or story? Even by a little bit you should be able to pick one.

I rp on phone.
I prefer 3rd person greatly.
I like having 1-3 paragraphs, anymore and I feel like there isn’t enough interaction if that’s the normal size of a post.
I’m rather limited in my roles, I like being a victim just with a different set of situations.
I’m here for the smut more than story.

It's a mixed bag between phone and computer. I tend to write a lot, but I can still do so on my phone. I usually write it in Notes or something, proofread a couple times and run it through spell check, then post.

3rd person is easier for me, and also feels less invasive than 1st person. I've tried 1st person, and each time it's just felt like it crosses a border since I'm writing it to someone.

I don't really have a set length on posts. Frankly, I think people who demand a certain post length are a little strange. I don't want anyone dictating how I do my hobbyist writing, therefore why should I? That being said, post length for me depends on the specific roleplay and partner. I've written roleplays where each reply is 1,000-2,000 words, and I've written others where I was consistently writing 200-500 words per reply. And I've enjoyed doing both, not because of the length, but because of how the person behind them crafted the words on the page.

I write any roles except for passive, submissive females. If I wanted to write being a doormat, I can do that without the help of a """dominant""" who has an excess of testosterone and wants everything within a 5 mile radius to call him daddy.

I push more into story, but I also like the stories themselves to have sexual/erotic undertones. I don't like writing smut all the time or even a majority of the time; I like the witty banter and character development that leads to smut.

I actually hate writing on my phone, editing thing sis such a chore and I'm so much slower than when I use a 'proper' keyboard.

I prefer 3rd person too. Way back when I was a horny teen I used 1st person, that's probably why I'm a bit cringed out by it these days.

Length of course always depends on the situation. If you describe a scene things can get very long, if you are in a dialogue it's hard to find things to write about. I generally draw a big chunk of my enjoyment out of details, so I like between 3 and 5 paragraphs, although that's hardly a good metric for length.

In one rp I prefer only playing one role, yes, there may be some faceless NPCs, but I don't like deeply characterizing more than one person per rp.
Generally speaking I have to admit that I tend to default to similar characters, unless I am in a GM role.

Smut vs story is a hard question, simply because it's easier to write good smut than good story.
Generally I am always looking for more story than smut, but only if the story is engaging enough. I am easier to please with smut and found more people I click with smut-wise than stor wise, but theoretically I prefer story ^^'

Computer, unless I'm stuck waiting somewhere where I don't have access to one.
I edit my posts a lot while composing, and it is very inconvenient to do on a small touch-screen device.

Partner preference.
I've done 1st, 3rd, 2nd (GMing a scene) and implied (pretending to be your character in a chat). The first time my writing partner requested a 1st/2nd-person writing (me/you) felt weird but I got used to it after several posts.

How much do you enjoy being posted in a single post? What is your minimum and max if you have any?
I like detail that adds to the scene, I like getting something that I can visualize, react to and build upon, but it all depends on the scene and the pacing.
Some times I enjoy reading long posts, while other times a well crafted one-liner can be enough. For example:
"Is that so?" she raised an eyebrow. "Tell me more about this... interest of yours."
Only 15 words, but in the right context it can be all that I need to keep going.

Do you like to change roles a lot or do you usually enjoy the same roles with changed situation?
I usually play characters that are close to me personality-wise, which makes it easier for me to identify with them and achieve better immersion into the story. In some very-free-form games I have spun off ad-hoc NPCs in order to satisfy some of my partners' preferences that I was not comfortable acting out with my "main" character, but not to the point of refusing to touch them altogether.

Do you push more into smut or story? Even by a little bit you should be able to pick one.
It depends on the nature of the RP. For short one-offs and especially for impromptu ones, I would push more into the kinks. For anything longer, I prefer to alternate between plot-centric and smut-centric parts, because while I enjoy the smut, too much of it gets repetitive and ultimately boring. I like "organic" smut, that flows naturally from the story and integrates with it seamlessly.

Computer

3rd preference, 1st sometimes

Starters typically longer than other posts.

Plot often determines my role and the role of other person in a roleplay

Smut is my priority while story with smut is nice, too.

• I roleplay exclusively on a computer. I've tried doing it on mobile and hated every second of it. I will read and respond to PMs on mobile, but posting is done only when I can sit at my computer.
  • I strongly prefer 3rd person. My reasons are very similar to those already mentioned: 1st person feels too personal for my tastes.
  • Like others have said, post length depends on the scenario or type of roleplay. If I'm doing something heavy on smut, then I don't write or expect much beyond a paragraph, and in fact a paragraph may be stretching it a little. But then again, circumstances dictate how much or little is written. If there's banter between characters during the kinky bits, then perhaps my writing can go a bit longer. It all depends. On more story driven roleplays though, 3 to 4 paragraphs is what I like to aim for. Enough for me to dig into the setting and explore the characters within it.
  • I will play just about any role or any character, with a few caveats. Submissive female characters are always in high demand, and I'm willing to play them, on the condition they aren't just mindless sex dolls. Without a doubt, I prefer to play my subs on the feisty side, with a stronger preference for dub-con than non-con. That's not to say I won't play the odd "doormat" female character, but they will always be secondary. My main character isn't going to be a pushover who just lies back and opens her legs for the first guy she sees. I can also play the occasional male character, but again they will be ancillary.
  • It depends on my mood, really. Roughly nine times out of ten, I will go more for a story driven roleplay with a thorough plot and well rounded characters. But sometimes I just like to dive right into smut with little or no pretext. Ultimately, I like to think of myself as an equal opportunity roleplayer with an open mind and a willingness to explore new ideas. For me, roleplaying is one part hobby, one part mental exercise. No matter what I'm writing, it's helping to keep my mind limber.

1. Do you RP on your phone or on computer mostly?
    Computer, hands down. Phone's a very last resort, and even then? I hated the few times I had to use it. It's a pain for me.

2. Are you one who prefers 1st or 3rd person?
    3rd. 1st I can use for the rare times I have characters incorporate things like text messages, e-mails, journal entries; otherwise I keep to 3rd person point of view.

3. How much do you enjoy being posted in a single post? What is your minimum and max if you have any?
    For my partners? I prefer at least 1-2 paragraphs, but I can't work with one-liners. I've tried, I just can't. I don't have any word limits. I actually hate [dislike for sure] them, as they're too stressful and restricting. I attempt to get over 500+ words for myself, but that's a goal, not a requirement.

4. Do you like to change roles a lot or do you usually enjoy the same roles with changed situation?
    I try to be diverse and change roles, but I do sometimes enjoy taking up the same type of character. It all depends on my mood, really.

5. Do you push more into smut or story?
    Story without a doubt. I'm a writer at heart. Smut's better for me when it naturally comes into play, not the focus of an entire thread.

COMP! I dislike short posts except if really needed and I don't like typing away on the phone… Phone is good for OOC!...

Both are ok, most of my games are 3.

Write what is needed… But if posts get small and stay small I'll reconsider my interest. No max. Minimum… I can't stand "two sentences" touted as a paragraph. It needs to give me something to reply to.

Interesting! I like different settings and plots and roles, but my characters have some common points. Unless, maybe, they're canon and I love them so much I wanna be them :)
Secondary characters are all over the place.

Definitely story. I don't do smut fests, it's boring. But I also don't want a fade to black or non adult and like the relationship between characters we got attached to.

They are? I thought it's the dominant ones that are highly sought after.

Submissive females are in high demand because it's the norm-- People who play submissive females will always find a partner because there are always people who want to play dominant male characters.

Dominant female characters are like a specialty that a lot of males jump on since they're seen as more "rare" in comparison to submissive females.

Computer. I hate using my phone for anything typing related.

So this is a weird one. The place I've RP'd for 20 years, they had a mix of 3rd person and 2nd person. In private, you refer to the other person's character as "You". Also RP is done in present tense. So coming here was a bit of a system shock. I don't mind doing full 3rd person, but I find mystelf always wavering between past and present tense. (Funny, because I hate reading fiction in present tense.)

Minimum is 2, if there's not much to go on, but my usual minimum is 3. Maximum is...well, it depends on how much there is to go on, really. But I like 4-5 paragraphs, that's good but not excessive. Not doable all the time though

"Changing roles", like what, not playing the big strong aggressive dominant character? Ha ha, that doesn't happen for guys here.

Smut.

Submissive females are in high demand because it's the norm-- People who play submissive females will always find a partner because there are always people who want to play dominant male characters.

Dominant female characters are like a specialty that a lot of males jump on since they're seen as more "rare" in comparison to submissive females.

I feel like I just stepped into the mirror dimension.

* Do you RP on your phone or on computer mostly?
I RP from the confines of my computer...or tablet. The auto-fill on my phone kills me. I'll engage in OOC chat by phone, but I'll only write story posts on computer or tablet. Writing in MS-Word makes life a lot easier when it comes to making posts readable.

* Are you one who prefers 1st or 3rd person?
3rd person only. I'm not writing to you, nor are you writing to me; I'm writing to your character(s), and you are writing to my character(s). Not negotiable.

* How much do you enjoy being posted in a single post? What is your minimum and max if you have any?
It depends on the point we're at in the story. A conversation between two main characters may see as little as a couple of short paragraphs being written. On the other hand, if I'm writing a between-scenes filler I can go on for a couple of pages (in Word). Hard and fast posting limits ("you must write three of four paragraphs per post") tend to stifle creativity, in my mind. However much I end up writing in a post, the quality of the post must be such that I achieve two things: respond, in a way that make sense for the character, to the events and/or conversation of my partner's last post; drive the story forward and provide my partner with material to work with for their next post.

* Do you like to change roles a lot or do you usually enjoy the same roles with changed situation?
I'll generally tend to keep to one or two main characters and write the story wholly from the perspective of the character(s). The character may change roles within the story, but I'll still be writing from the PoV of that character. Lesser characters and NPCs are a different matter.

* Do you push more into smut or story? Even by a little bit you should be able to pick one.
Story over smut. Definitely more story. Smut has its place in a story (maybe), but I just can't write smut only, or majority smut. Too much smut makes a story boring, I can lose interest quickly if the characters aren't doing much more than going at it like bunnies.

Computer. Typing on my phone is probably my own personal hell. I think I'd rather consume bleach than try and type 3 paragraphs on my phone.

3rd Person Only. Even in the literary world, first person is incredibly rare. I think the only time that first person is acceptable is if it's an intentional, artistic choice. Not sure if anyone here plans out roleplays stylistically, so pretty much it's never acceptable in my mind.

I don't have a min or max. I just need the writing to be quality. My ideal is around 3 to 5 paragraphs, though. Less than that and I can feel like I have too little to reply to. I love long posts, so anything longer than 5 paragraphs is just a cherry on top.

I started out playing the same role. I think I exhausted that by last year, though, so nowadays I enjoy pushing my limits and playing a variety of roles. I have 3 well-planned roleplays going on at the moment. The first is a traditional master/slave dynamic, strictly speaking. The second is a back and forth struggle for power opposite a male character. The third is co-domination of men opposite a female character. None of that is to mention the specifics of the plots, but to just illustrate the variety I've kinda found myself with nowadays.

Story. Everyone on this site can write smut. Not everyone can write a good story. Simple as that.

Computer over phone even though it's doable.
I like 3rd person the best.
I'll match my partner in posting length but like longer posts.
New roles all the time please!
I really can't choose smut or story over the other D:

Computer. My fingers cant keep up with my brain on mobile devices.

I prefer first person, mostly. Neither bothers me at all, but I feel like in third person, you're writing a role rather than role playing. Most respondants seem to prefer third so as not to personalize their character too much, and I get that. I guess that, based on the rather more impossible kinks I have, I don't typically have a problem because it's not going to really happen, and that I want to feel connected to what's happening.

I come from IRC RP, so a paragraph max depending on the circumstances. I don't like to feel that I'm writing less than my partner, so will try to match what I get, but sometimes I would prefer a shorter post and get to react more.

I dont like to do the same thing every time. A time or two in a row is fine, but I enjoy getting at multiple sides of the experience.

Mostly smut. Engaging, detailed smut, but smut nonetheless. Nothing wrong with story, of course.

Phone? Never never never....God knows, I have enough trouble texting and spellchecker having meltdowns..
I play mostly in the first as my self, in the third as another charecter..
I like atleast a paragraph but it all depends on the scene etc.. I'm not into novel proportions either way
Roles varies..
I like a story driving into smut and darkness

I tend to play on my phone most of the time these days. While I miss doing things on my laptop, I have kinda adjusted pretty well to typing things up. An average post from me usually gets typed up first in Google docs before read over once or twice, before I copy it over here and post it.

I'm hardcore into third person. First person feels like I'm not in my characters head, and like I'm writing for myself instead of them. Thus I steer clear of it.

I don't usually have a limit, but I do like to write when I rp. My minimum is roughly 2 paragraphs and my max is 8+ depending on partner and if we're writting novella style responses.

Even if I like sticking to rolls, I've begun to venture away from that; even if there's still a good chunk of things I like to lean to. While there's nothing wrong with having a comfort zone, I know I'll never improve as a writer if I keep to one set role. Thus I've taken to venturing out.

I prefer story. Smut is fine and dandy but it's too simple for some of the plots I want to explore with others. Don't get me wrong, I could take the plots from my search and write original stories or fanfics using the premises of them, but I love collaborative story telling and having someone with a different worldview writing with me.

Mix of phone and computer. seems to depend on mood and time of day i guess.
I prefer 3rd person all the way. Can't do it any other way.
Minimum is a paragraph, max is... whatever length i happen to reach.
I can change up roles depending on my mood.
Personally it depends on the story. Some are smut driven, others are much more story based.

I prefer to roleplay on the computer. If I'm playing on Discord I find that typing on a phone is too slow and clumsy to keep things moving along quickly. I also don't like when my partner types on a phone for the same reason.

I'm easy going on first or third person. My preference is for first, but it's not something I feel strongly about.

My minimum contribution is a paragraph but sometimes I can do multiple paragraphs, particularly at the start of a new roleplay where we're setting a scene and giving a lot of detail and background to our characters. I expect a similar amount of effort back from my partners.

- Do you RP on your phone or on computer mostly?
Mainly on computer unless it needs to be fixed.

- Are you one who prefers 1st or 3rd person?
3rd person writer, always been.

- How much do you enjoy being posted in a single post? What is your minimum and max if you have any?
Hmmm, I prefer at least 2 decent paragraphs, I don't really have a maximum.

- Do you like to change roles a lot or do you usually enjoy the same roles with changed situation?
I tend to switch around roles a lot, no matter what situation. It really depends on what I feel like role-playing at that time.

- Do you push more into smut or story?
I push more into story [if it's only smut, I tend to get bored of it fast].

My preference is to write via a keyboard and that can be done via phone or PC.

Third person. I write multiple characters and the first person point of view does not work well with that.

I'll do rapid fire, paragraphs or novella. My preference changes based on what is going on in the scene.

The type of role isn't really specified. I'll just say that I write a lot of different characters when it comes to personality, history, and more. When it comes to sexual stuff it depends on the situation. If I'm writing with other women, I've no problem writing my girl as the dominant character in the situation. This isn't to say it is my preference though as it isn't. My preference would be to write my women as submissives. If anything, I'd prefer to write women that switch before having to write a dominant. When it comes to writing against male characters, I will only ever write my women as submissive. Writing anything other than submissive against men has always been a turn off to me.

I write a lot of stories. A ton of them contained no sexual scenes or references at all and others have. My preference as of now is mostly focused toward sex. In the past, I had no interest in it, but now I really can't see myself writing a story if sex scenes are not involved. Leaving sex out feels highly unrealistic to me.

Computer, phone is a pain in the a**!!!!
I prefer 1st person
I like to write 50-100 words, I have no problem in how much others write, as long as it's not tons of actions and they don't move my character too.
I tend to adapt.
I like a good story with nice sex scenes ;-)

Back
Top Bottom