Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The Shadow Knows

ShadowsLitany

Lurker in the Shadows
Supporter
The problem with starting again is forgoing all that stuff I wrote before, but need to begin somewhere I guess.

Here we go again!

It feels nice to be back, and have that feeling of writing that used to get me pumping.

Nice to be back and enjoy the writing again. Thanks all for the warm returns and looking forward to all the stories.

I like my coffee dark, not my toast.

Now that I have been back I've been able to reconnect with some of my favorite partners. Andi, Angel, Tess (under new name management), Random. Thanks for excusing my absence and starting up again.

Also got a couple of new partners so I get to explore lots of themes again, and with a couple of them indulge in my historical fiction aspect.

Good to be back.

It's nice being able to get my history on again. So far I've picked up a bunch of rp's that run through the past couple of hundred years, all with great and wonderful partners. I forgot how much I loved just getting something short written out. It's a nice stress reliever, though at least now its not the job that's giving so much stress, the kids do that enough. haha

Thanks BMR for being my mental drug of choice.

My usual seasonal rant always entails the fact that I live in the a region of the US called New England, which on average gets a good amount of snow each year. So its not unusual. What is, tends to be the fact that once a couple of flurries are in the air, suddenly the capability of the general population to drive effectively significantly declines. It's not only embarrassing but I find it extremely frustrating that people who can speed through a rain storm are suddenly taken aback by a little frozen water.

On top of that just about EVERY storm that may drop more than an inch of snow is suddenly about to reach SNOWMAGGEDON proportions! It's like we are going to be moments from death once the snow falls. A sudden rush to the store for everyone means shelves are emptied and traffic skills already on the decline are suddenly worse with the excess of traffic.

Overall not much of it this year since we've had little snow....but when it happens, eeee....its when I start looking around for the driving whisky. Sadly the kids don't keep it full...I think someone is getting their allowance cut....

After being sick the week before last, when I barely logged on, and a busy work week I get some time back to catch up.

Spring is a nice time, when I can switch between gardening and writing. I usually use time like yard work, gardening, or whatever to sort of lose myself in something. Letting a thread or story take me somewhere and see if its something fun. I like the distraction, doing something with my hands and still letting my mind wander far afield.

Thanks to all my wonderful partners for being patient the past weeks. =)

Going to be away until this Thursday, April 18th for Family Vacation. Until then!!

Back home and catching up with things again, as well as spending time welcoming ppl. I know how it is when you come in and start a new site, having someone respond to your first post can be a special feeling. I'm all about "special feelings". =)

Looks like there will be less rain coming up, which means the contractors can finish the siding on the house. If they get the new color in time, since the color I initially ordered somehow got mistaken for the trim in the updated order so everything came as one color. The guys doing the work were kind of suspicious, but figured we knew what we wanted. Sadly, it does look nice, but I do NOT want to live in an off-white house. I want my mossy green.

Ah well, not like its their fault, it'll get fixed. Until then the house looks like a construction zone.

Busy day so far getting some things for my wife since its Mother's Day.

Got up early and went to the store to get some fresh stuff before making a roast chicken for lunch, my boys want steak for dinner so there was a bit more to get. Though I wanted to make creme brulee I totally spaced and forgot cream, I could probably make some with milk but never rush a tried a true recipe!

Been cooking this weekend, spaghetti sauce yesterday (had 4 cans of diced tomatoes in the cupboard that no one other than me would eat, so sauce!), needed more granola for the week so I can have a healthy breakfast and snack, also looking at making a new snack mix (peanuts, craisins, pumpkin seeds) to refill our snack jar. Already late afternoon and still need to strip that chicken before dinner! This reminds me of why I don't cook anymore, its so much work and moving around.

That's my whinging for the day. Take care all!

Back
Top Bottom