Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

First Contact RP request Etiquette?

Hi! I am totally new to Online Forum Roleplay. Recently, I have begun to contact people who've posted threads. The first person whom I reached out to, said that I wasn't conversational enough. Is there any sort of etiquette that I'm unaware of? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Happy Storytelling!

Agreeing with The Goodman here. Most people want to know that you raed their tread and have some own ideas. Doesnt have to be set in stone but if you propose some things in connection with their ideas, then thats always a plus. Its kind of an indicator of how you will play later. If i get a message that says: wanna play rp xy...and nothing more, then i think his or her rp answers will be equally short and without any imagination.

Ideally, I would want them to write as much as I have written. If we are discussing a plot and I lay the plot out in two paragraphs with some commentary and they reply with 'yup, that's cool. Let's go with that'.

Then I'd be like not too happy because I'm doing all the writing here. It shows me a lot of things. I thrive on having a good conversation. It is such a good quality.

Agreeing with The Goodman here. Most people want to know that you raed their tread and have some own ideas. Doesnt have to be set in stone but if you propose some things in connection with their ideas, then thats always a plus. Its kind of an indicator of how you will play later. If i get a message that says: wanna play rp xy...and nothing more, then i think his or her rp answers will be equally short and without any imagination.

Thanks, for taking the time to reply. I don't think that I will be a fit with everyone or vice versa and I realize now for people who aren't as noobie as I am maybe they are more discerning regarding initial inquiries because they have more experience with being able to grasp that chemistry right out of the gate. I will just be more mindful of making initial contact. I will heed your advice.

Ideally, I would want them to write as much as I have written. If we are discussing a plot and I lay the plot out in two paragraphs with some commentary and they reply with 'yup, that's cool. Let's go with that'.

Then I'd be like not too happy because I'm doing all the writing here. It shows me a lot of things. I thrive on having a good conversation. It is such a good quality.

I completely understand. I've only been on this site for a few days but I don't want to be rude or sound like I don't care when I do. Thanks for the feedback.

Back
Top Bottom