Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Protector of the Deep (randomname and Izzy)

Arthur Curry was born to a man named Thomas Curry, who was a lighthouse keeper in Amnesty Bay. His mother was named Atlannta, the Queen of Atlantis. They were from two different worlds and probably should have never met or co-existed. Yet, they did. There was hope that Arthur might one day unite their two worlds together. Atlantis hated the people on the surface while the surface dwellers believed Atlantis was a myth. Although Arthur may have been interested in visiting his other home, he never made the trek, just staying on the surface.

On the land, he made a difference. The male had yet to encounter a human with as much strength as he had. He helped out everyone he could, especially those that found themselves in troubled waters. Today, though, he was trying to take a break. There was a bar on the pier where his father frequented, so Arthur happened to frequent it as well. Today, he was here alone. There were maybe five or six others around, but it was a relatively quiet Saturday evening. Arthur was enjoying a beer and watching football on the television behind the bar.

Everyone that came to this bar were usually men that fished or used the docks or sat out on ship voyages. There were not many newcomers. It was not really the spot one would come to in order to meet someone, which was why Arthur was shocked to see a new face walk in. Not only was this a new face, however, but this was possibly the most gorgeous face he had ever seen. The first thing he noticed, though, was that long, flowing, deep red hair. Arthur’s jaw almost dropped when she walked in. He, just like everyone else, was trying their best to not stare.

Just as Arthur looked away from her, he could hear the footsteps approaching. He was sitting at the bar while everyone else were scattered about at various tables and stools throughout. Yet, this strange woman decided to pick the bar stool that was right beside his own. Now, Arthur believed he had seen a woman that was out of his league, but whatever, he wasn’t shy nor was he nervous. “So… you’re definitely new here. My name’s Arthur. What’s yours?” He asked, flashing her the best, flirtatious smile that he could offer. Immediately, he could tell that there was something special about her.

Mera was sent to Earth to try and get Arthur Curry to come back with her. The Atlantean's were not fans of the surface and would rather Arthur come back to his rightful place in Atlantis and help rule. Mera knew what her mission was and part of her wanted to actually complete it. But there was another part and more powerfully urge that wanted to live on the surface for some time. She wanted to experience something new without the added weight of her responsibilities to hold her down. Mera needed freedom. They were immortal she had literally the rest of time to worry about things down under.

With her task at hand Mera was given money, a new wardrobe, a new apartment, and a new car. She needed to seem established in the human world already for everything to come across as believable. Everything had to be perfect or at least appear so to the rest of her people. She couldn't have them suspect why she truly wanted to come to the surface and meet Arthur alone. She made it seem like it would be overwhelming.

That is how Mera found herself headed towards a bar that Arthur seemed to frequent quite often. The Atlantean's tailed him for months before sending someone up. They needed to know how he spent his days so Mera could insert herself into his life. The easiest place to do this seemed to be the bar. Where alcohol flowed freely and people were much more willing to engage in conversations with strangers.

Mera sat down next to Arthur at the bar. She was surprised he spoke to her so quickly. From the reports she got she thought she would have to start the conversation. "I am new here. I guess this town doesn't get new people at the bars very often." She said laughing. The bartender came over and she ordered herself a beer before turning her attention back to Arthur. "Nice to meet you Arthur, I'm Mera." She said as she reached her hand out to shake his. "So tell me what is there to do around here?"

When Arthur took Mera’s hand, it felt like sparks were flying. His breathing quickened and his eyes became wide. He watched her lips as she spoke, feeling an enormous desire to simply kiss her, feeling a need to hold her close. It was not often Arthur felt this way about someone. It took someone truly special to elicit such a response. She was beautiful, so beautiful that she did not even seem of this world. He would have actually believed she was from Atlantis had the conversation gone differently.

In the past, any messenger sent to retrieve him approached him, told him he was summoned to Atlantis again. They didn’t waste time, they got right to the point. Since something about Atlantis was not the first words out of her mouth, then, Arthur relaxed. “You’d be right. It’s been a long time since I saw a new face around here. This town doesn’t exactly attract too many people, but its’ where I’ve always lived and I love it here. I hope you’re a fan of the water. The bay is the biggest attraction we have.” When she asked what there was to do around here, Arthur could not think of anything else, other than the bay and the shore beside it.

“Any special events that we have, they’re held on the boardwalk. Everything really revolves around the bay.” Even as Arthur spoke, there was a great love in his eyes. He loved this place, because it was his home, where his father lived. Arthur didn’t leave all that often, unless he was going out on a mission to help with some battle that other enhanced individuals were fighting. For the most part, he tried to stay in his own business and not bother anyone else.

“What brings you here? Shouldn’t you be in Hollywood or somewhere? I’ve never seen a woman so beautiful, especially not in this town. You look like you should be modeling instead of drinking a beer next to me… but I’m glad that’s where you are right now.” Of course, he was going to take the chance to flirt with her. Arthur hope it went over well. Again, he wouldn’t just flirt with anyone, but he couldn’t place it – there was something special about Mera.

Mera couldn't deny her attraction towards the half0human and half atlantean. Something about him was so magnetic and powerful. Mera had never before experienced that with any other man. It was almost as if they were destined to be. Such things were foolish to believe but there was no denying that both parties felt an attraction. Mera would try to hold off as long as she possibly could. Although from the smirk that spread across his lips. Part of her wanted to reach out and run her fingers through his hair and even though she was a princess it would still be incredibly rude. More importantly Arthur had no idea who she was and she would like to keep it that way.

Mera could see Arthur relax which made her wonder what exactly had him so tense to begin with. Before she could try and find out more he answered her questions. "Ah so I am an odd one. Why do you think people don't move here often? Is it the lack of things to do or is there something else that keeps them away. There are rumors of a man around here who has special abilities. I'm not sure if I believe it but that maybe why as well." Mera took a sip of her beer savoring the warm it spread through her body from the alcohol.

"How often are events being held in this town? Not to be rude but I can't imagine it happening often enough to keep people attracted to this area. I know there is a carnival that comes around here and there. I'd love to see how this town lets loose and really has fun." Mera said laughing as she took another sip of her drink.

"Where I come from I seem to bring a lot of attention no matter where I go...I wanted something quite and secluded. Actually, I didn't just want it I needed it. You'd be surprised how often people take the quite for granted. We all need it at some points in our lives." Mera blushed slightly at the mention of her beauty. Often she had men look at her but coming from Arthur it seemed genuine. There was no hidden agenda. He was stating what he believed to be a fact. "I could say the same about you...I know plenty of women who'd love to get the chance to be with you. Why are you here in this town? What keeps you drawn here?" She asked genuinely curious.

“I think living on the ocean is an acquired taste. People just tend to prefer the bigger cities that hold more events and activities. Plus, we’re honestly as close to being in the middle of nowhere that we can possibly be. Not everyone can enjoy the smell of the water all the time. A lot of people get tired of seeing fish and shrimp on the menu each day of every restaurant. I think living here isn’t for everyone. It just doesn’t have the same luxury and appeal as other places.” Arthur explained, knowing this town had always held a small population for as long as he could remember.

At the mention of a man with certain abilities, Arthur couldn’t help from smirking proudly. He usually was not an arrogant man, but he did love to hear people questioning these stories he knew to be true. It was a fun game. “Yeah, there’s a rumor about it, you’re right. If you stick around long enough, you’ll know that rumor has some validity to it.” He wasn’t about showing off his powers for the hell of it, typically. He always did spring into action whenever someone needed a helping hand, though.

“You’re right about that – we don’t have much going on around here. There are carnivals on the shore and the boardwalks sometimes. Those are usually the biggest festivities. You’re in luck. In a few days, there’s supposed to be our Winter Carnival. It’ll last all weekend. Perhaps I could show you around.” This was perfect – Arthur did need a date to take to the Carnival so he wasn’t just hanging out alone like he usually did. Maybe Mera would enjoy the idea, enjoy spending time with him. That’s what he hope for, anyways.

“Don’t get me wrong. I actually love this town and the seclusion. I’m just not a big city guy. I’m not big on the country, either. I feel connected to the water.” That was obvious, but he wasn’t about to give her the whole speech of his origin. “I stay here because this is my home. This is where my father and other family members live. I’ve just lived here my entire life and I don’t see it being much different than that. I believe it when you say that you bring a lot of attention wherever you go. Like I said, you’re absolutely stunning. Maybe you’re right about me, that there are many women who might want me, but I’d rather wait for the right one. I don’t much enjoy hopping from woman to woman for just a night of fun with no strings attached.”

Mera understood Arthur and what he was saying. She too felt deeply connected to the sea. When she wasn't in it she felt the sea calling to her trying to get her to come back home. She could never grow tired of the sea. She certainly grew tired of the people who lived in the sea with her. Many of them expected so much from her and it was all growing to be a bit too much. Mera needed her freedom and the chance to experience life without her status weighing her down.

Mera tried to hide the shocked look on her face after listening to Arthur speak. Considering the large man was royalty by blood he was surprisingly humble. Perhaps it was due to the fact that he didn't grow up knowing that he was royalty. Or if he did he didn't care because he wasn't brought up that way. Mera had heard the rumors. He was half human. His father must have been really humble to have raised such a son.

"I would be honored if you could show me around. It would really help me get the lay of the land around here. I'm not...use to areas like this place. I grew up someplace much more...wet and much more crowded. It was fun I have to admit. I was able to everything I have ever wanted. Where I'm from we never had anything like that. A winter carnival should be fun. You said it was on the boardwalk?" She asked sipping her beer and looking out of the window to see if she could spot the boardwalk.

"I didn't mean to sound so narcissistic. Where I'm from my family can sometimes become the center of attention. It can be incredibly annoying to constantly having people watch your every move. I don't know if you've ever had to experience anything like that." She took another drink from her glass still enjoying the warmth it brought her. "That's refreshing to here...most men would want a lot of one night stands but not you....I like that about you."

“Perfect. Honestly, I’ve been looking for a date to bring with me to the carnival. It seems like I found the perfect woman to fill that role.” Arthur could drink almost anyone under the table, except for his father. However, he was sipping his beer tonight because he did not want to get too buzzed. He actually wanted to remember this evening with Mera. He wanted to remember her face, her voice. It depended on how things went tonight, but there was a chance he might not ever get the opportunity to see her again. Arthur truly hoped that was not the case, but it would be tough to tell until the night actually happened.

“Yes, it is on the boardwalk. I’d be happy to show you the place tonight before we leave the bar. It usually isn’t that crowded, so it should be peaceful. Don’t worry. I didn’t think you sounded narcissistic at all. It just seems like your family has a lot of esteem and respect wherever you come from. I don’t think I’ve ever experienced anything like that, though. I guess that’s kind of what I like about this place. Everyone here knows each other, but it’s not like they’re always watching your every move. It is a really friendly atmosphere. The place you describe, it doesn’t sound that friendly.”

He was interested, though. Where was she from? “Do you mind me asking where you’re from?” The male questioned with a soft smile, looking into her eyes. The comment about the one night stand was something else that made him smile even wider. “That’s probably why I prefer this kind of bar over another one. I don’t just come here looking to pick someone up. I just get to enjoy myself here and if I happen to meet a beautiful stranger with long, red hair and gorgeous green eyes… well, that’s just a bonus.” He hoped these hints that he dropped were going to tell Mera what he needed to say. He would be more outright later, but he was testing the waters, to see if she was as into him as he was into here.

"Well I'm that I was able to help you figure out your date situation. Let me know if there is anything else you need help with." Mera said giving the boy a coy smile. She continued to drink some more but decided she would only have one more drink if they stayed there that long. Mera never had much of a tolerance for alcohol. It was something she hated but what could she do? She was small and compared to Arthur there was no way she would be able to keep up with him. He was a large man and that truly was an understatement.

"I'd love it if you could show me around. It sounds amazing around here. Like I said I only moved in recently and I haven't had the chance to really explore anywhere around here. But from what you've described I'm sure I'll love it." Mera listened to Arthur talk about his town and the people he grew up around. It sounded like he truly loved this place. Mera felt the same about Atlantis but there needed to be more in her life. Not just in terms how the people treated her but also just where she was. She wanted more out of life.

"I'll keep that a mystery for now....don't want to reveal everything about myself so quickly. But I promise as we get to know each other I'll tell you more." She said sipping her beer and trying to avoid eye contact with him. She didn't want him to know where she was from just yet. He most likely would cut ties with her and stop talking. She wanted to understand him better. Not to mention he was handsome. Mera blushed slightly as Arthur complimented her and her looks. "Well thankful you're one of the most handsome men I've ever seen. Bars and clubs generally have creepy men who don't know how to keep their hands to themselves." She said with a flirtatious laugh. Mera wondered where the night would take them. Hopefully somewhere exciting.

Wow – that was quite the coy smile. Maybe Arthur wasn’t hallucinating, after all. Was his imagination becoming a reality? She agreed to the terms of him showing her around this town, which pleased him. When the female was reluctant to admit her origin, Arthur did not prod. The last thing he wanted was to ruin the moment. If the night progress well, hopefully she would feel comfortable to tell him more about herself. They continued to chat for another ten minutes before it felt like their time at the bar was winding down. It was time to see where this night would take them.

Arthur slowly stood to his feet and picked up Mera’s alcohol purchases as well. Arthur paid the bartender and left a gracious tip before turning to find Mera. “I know you said the bars are usually full of creepy men that can’t keep their hands to themselves, but…” Arthur paused, reaching out his hand toward her. “Maybe, you wouldn’t mind me holding your hand while we walked?” Arthur thought it was a romantic gesture. He might appear like this huge, behemoth of a human. Yet, Arthur had quite a soft side. He wanted to find love, he wanted to have the chance to be romantic. Was this his chance?

When the redhead took his hand, Arthur laced his fingers together with Mera’s. When their hands touched, it felt natural, almost like it was somehow inherently right. Arthur led her from the bar, right on out to the beach that was behind the bar. “This is one of my favorite spots. I always hear about how reckless some people are with polluting the waters. I hate it, truly, but here, I’ve hardly seen waters this clear, this blue before. I think the sight is beautiful.”

Arthur led her to the edge, right where the water almost met their shoes, but not quite. “I’d like to have a family one day, have some kind of life of my own, but I don’t know how I’d feel about leaving this town. I just feel like this is where I’m supposed to be, you know?”

Mera tried to protest when Arthur paid for her drink but he did it so quickly she did not have a chance to say something. She was the type of woman who while very independent liked a man she could rely on. One who could take care of her. It was nice to know that there were men out there who were raised right. She knew it would be no use to argue that she could pay for herself. From what she knew about him there was no point. "Thank you for the beer....I appreciate it. I'll be sure to repay you for it." Mera said smiling. She had to admit that she was relived that Arthur didn't press further about where she was from. She needed to keep her cover if they were going to get to know each other better.

"I can't imagine you being one of those creepy men who grab women especially when they don't want it or don't expect them." The beautiful redhead said as she clasped his hand within her own. His hand was so much larger than hers but she appreciated how strong and safe he felt. Normally she would never walk off with a random man she had just met in a bar but she knew Arthur wouldn't hurt her. Their walk towards the boardwalk was nice. The cool air from the sea seemed to soothe her. Almost as if it was calling her.

It truly made Mera sad when she thought about how the humans seemed to not care about the pollution that they created. They truly were a misguided race but nevertheless they needed guidance. They weren't bad but perhaps careless. She knew there were rumblings down under but that didn't need her attention at the moment. Arthur did need her attention.

"It's one of the most beautiful sights I've ever seen. Thank you for bringing me here." She said as she looked out into the distance admiring the view. Mera leaned her head on Arthur's thick arm resting against him as the waves from the ocean drew close to their feet but did not touch. "I think I'd like to have kids one day as well. With the right man of course. I need him to truly know what it means to be a good man. Too often I see fathers leaving their children. I don't want that for my own."

When their hands touched, the air around the couple felt electric. Even though Arthur could breathe underwater, he felt like a normal land-dweller would feel under water. It was tough to breathe correctly, considering how breathless she left him. The light from the sunset illuminated her in the perfect spot, her face shining up like some angelic, extraordinary goddess. It was tough to put into words just how much beauty Arthur saw in front of him. Things were moving quite fast for the pair, though that was never a bad thing. Arthur was never like this with anyone, mainly since there was never quite such a connection before in his life. This was special.

“I agree with you.” The tall, strong man whispered as he stood beside the redhead, looking over the water. The comment she made provided him the perfect opportunity to make another flirtatious comment. “To me, it is only the second most beautiful thing I have ever seen. It used to have the first spot, but then, I met you tonight. As much as I love the water, I’d much rather spend my time, admiring you instead.” He hoped the feelings were, at least somewhat, reciprocated.

Arthur knew he could have been making a fool out of himself if she felt different. He was talking to her like a man would talk to the woman he loved. Obviously, they just met, and he had no idea what her intentions were, but he felt like telling her the truth. That truth was simple – she was the most beautiful woman to ever exist, the most beautiful site his eyes had ever laid eyes upon. There was no debate to be had, so he wanted her to know that as he was speaking genuinely.

“I feel the same way. I’d love to have kids one day. I know the love my father gave me was something every child should experience. I want to experience that myself, one day. I haven’t found the right woman, though. Not up to this point. Plus, my… job… requires some strange hours and some dangerous situations, so starting a family has not been quite in the forefront of my mind yet, but I know it will get there.” Arthur was not interested in some one-night stand. He wanted to seek out a relationship, something long-term and permanent.

Mera couldn't help but feel incredibly comfortable around Arthur. Something about his presence was soothing the the red-headed beauty. Being so close to the ocean and so close with him made her feel at home. It was a feeling she could not describe. Arthur's presence made her feel safe. Mera watched the sunset a little longer as the beauty enjoyed her time by the sea. She loved being in the water and missed it dearly but her time was now to be on the surface. To get to know Arthur and for them to grow closer. She just hoped that was what he wanted.

Mera looked over at Arthur and smiled as he looked at her. "I'm sure that's something you say to all of the pretty girls you bring around here." Mera didn't actually think Arthur brought many girls to this area. He clearly knew how to talk to women but he didn't seem like a ladies man. In the sense that he didn't plow through women like some other men who were around the same age. Mera could sense that Arthur was looking for a genuine connection with her. Something about him made her feel the same way.

Mera wanted to press him a little further about his job. She knew what he did but she wanted him to know that he could rely on her. He was a man but he needed an emotional connection just like everyone else. All humans craved someone to be able to share their real selves with. "I'm glad you feel that way. My father was also heavily involved in my life. Granted he tried to control much of it. I promised myself as I was growing up that I would allow my children to do as they pleased. I'd allow them to take any path in life because it is their life not mine." She didn't want another man like her father. At least not in the way he needed to control everything. Mera knew Arthur was the type of man to take charge but he didn't strike her as the type of man who needed to control her.

"That's good to hear. The type of parent you want to be sounds like the type of parent my father is. Always, he supported what I wanted and stood behind every single choice that I made. I was blessed to have that opportunity. Like you, I'm aware that many grow up without the same kind of support I have." Arthur smiled, fondly recalling his father and his childhood. The man was getting older in age now, but he did not like to think about what might happen soon with his declining health. So far, Arthur thought he was making his father proud.

"I think my own parenting style would be just like that. I want my child to have the freedom to do whatever they want. I couldn't imagine wanting to control or restrict anything. That's not how you show love, to a child, to anyone. I guess I do have my ideas about how I want my life and love to go... it just doesn't seem like there are many people in the world that feel the same way." Arthur knew exactly what he wanted in a relationship. The man wanted someone he could love with all his might, someone he could have some kinky fun with in the bedroom, someone who was genuinely kind and caring.

Controlling someone was not his ideal time. He liked to have power and liked to be dominant... but control was taking it a step too far. There was a fine line, but he never had the chance to explore it. There were quite a few things about his own ideal relationship that he knew would be odd to most people.

He wanted a woman that he could tie up and make love to them. He wanted a woman that would allow him to do these things, but still have everything based on love and adoration - to touch him often, to cuddle with often, to have equal contributions. Arthur had all but given up hope on ever finding something like this, though he thought Mera seemed like someone that might be perfect for him so far.

"It sounds like you and your father had an amazing relationship. Most of the people I knew growing up and to be honest now have terrible relationships with their parents. Honestly it's so sad to see. My father...while he usually has the best intentions has always tried to control how my life will look. I don't want that for me or my future children like I said before. It's important that I have a connection with someone but also the freedom to do as I please." Her relationship with her father had been strained ever since she rejected the man she had been promised to since she was a child. It caused a huge issue down in atlantis but she wasn't going to marry or allow a man to touch her that she didn't care about.

"How many children would you want? It's not something I've thought about a lot. When I was younger I thought I didn't want any children. As I've gotten older I realized my fear of having children would be that they wouldn't be able make choices for themselves. That I would become the same oppressive force that I hated for so long in my life." The red head looked out to the ocean feeling at peace. There was something comforting just standing there with Arthur as they spoke. He made her feel at peace with the world.

"Is there anything else in this town you can show me? I'd love to look more at it and see what else it had to offer." Mera knew that even though the town was small Arthur knew what there was around here to keep someone entertained. While the sea was beautiful Mera wanted to experience more of the human world. She wanted to see what made them experience joy. It would help her understand Arthur a bit more. It would allow her to get closer to him and become more connected to him.

"You are right about that. Myself and my father are very close and we have always been close." Honestly, it likely stemmed from the drama with his mother. After losing her, the pair were pulled together with a strong bond. Besides, the older man made Atlanna a promise to keep their son safe, to love him hard enough to make up for her absence. Because of that, Arthur never had a shortage of love from his father in his life. "I like the way you put that. It's good to have a connection but you can't be controlled. Nobody likes that." Arthur agreed.

He wished every child had a relationship with their father the way Arthur had with his own. When asked about the children he wanted, Arthur shrugged his shoulders. "I don't mean to sound like some kind of cheesy romance movie but I always loved the idea of me settling down with a woman I love, having two kids, a boy and a girl. That's just something I've always wanted." Arthur admitted with a smile. He simply liked the idea of a two-child family so he could have three people that he would give all his love to. "What about you? Do you have a preference?"

Thinking about what else could be showed to Mera around the town, Arthur had a few ideas. However, something pushed him to speak these next words boldly. Maybe it was too bold, maybe not. Only one way to find out, right? "Well, I can picture a few places you might want to check out while you're here. It is getting late, though. Maybe we check out the town tomorrow. Tonight, though... perhaps you can come with me. I've got a nice place here. I won't even charge you anything to stay. Maybe... you'd like my company for the rest of the night? I know that I would like yours, for sure."

Back
Top Bottom