Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Where are the basic manners?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Muppet

Super-Earth
Yet again, another RP site with 90% of people not having manners. I've been here only for about 2 weeks or so, yet I've seen this thing pop-up more quickly than in any other site I have tried. People tell you they are interested of your idea, maybe you even manage to put out the starting post for that RP, and then you never hear from them again. And this kind of behavior is allowed. On top of that, people don't have to even give out their real gender and post on whichever forums and troll the hell out of people who just want to try and start a RP. One even got offended when I asked about "her" gender. Like...really? Someone honestly thinks I have such clairvoyant abilities that I will know their personal information when they tell me their gender. So sorry if I do not wish to be homosexual virtually nor in real life, that requires asking gender on the internet.

Another thing that further blurs the lines here is that males can post on female section and vice versa, because of "virtual characters" reason. Truly? You can agree on these virtual character portfolios through private messages or whatever medium you wish to use. And many of them don't even contain any character portfolios. Only seen a few myself. I'd rather make it so that it's not so blurry. If you are a transgender, go ahead and post on either one, fine by me. But if you're male and post on female RP requests forum... something's off with this rule. So easy to troll with this rule, especially since it's so clear when so many posts on the female section there are written by males.

And also not surprised that the rules, yet again, protect the ones who purposefully annoy, troll or whatever. And reporting them does nothing, because "It's not against the rules". We can't even give them a minus point and a reason so others could see why this person is being downvoted for. No, that is soooo bad because everyone would suddenly make multiple accounts and downvote an innocent person for no reason. Yet it's better that we get trolled by ill mannered folk who can't be even arsed to type: "Sorry, I am not interested because..." no. Just silence. And then there are those who you see are online for a long time, engaged in conversations and whatnot, yet do not reply to you for whatever reason... not even to inform you that they are no longer interested for example. Nope. Just silence. If enough people would report the same person of doing a certain thing, couldn't you moderators for example make it so, that this person cannot post a new thread anywhere for a week for example? I'm sick and tired of seeing trolls and general ill mannered people get away with this crap. And then you wonder why people leave. If you're truly here to RP and write stories, you don't say you're interested and then go silent after a few posts. What the fuck? I wouldn't have even gotten a reply from one person if I wouldn't have asked them about it. Oh they did reply... but didn't give ANY reason, just "Lol my bad.".

I know this won't have any effect to anything, and that I will most likely get unnecessary criticism for this like: "Omg calm down, people have real lives! It's christmas!" etc. Yes, people have real lives... and yet those people are constantly online yet do not bother to reply to you about the reason as to why they do not bother to reply to you. I'm at a point where I no longer care. Just gonna bump my threads now and then and look forward to the future where someone goes silent again within the first few days, even though they said they were "interested".

Here's my question to you: Has this happened often to you? Does it still keep happening a lot to you?

On top of that, people don't have to even give out their real gender and post on whichever forums and troll the hell out of people who just want to try and start a RP. One even got offended when I asked about "her" gender. Like...really? Someone honestly thinks I have such clairvoyant abilities that I will know their personal information when they tell me their gender. So sorry if I do not wish to be homosexual virtually nor in real life, that requires asking gender on the internet.

Basic manners include not asking for people's gender if they don't want to give it.

Please do not harass any of my membership for their gender again. It is not remotely appropriate.

Are you kidding me? Asking gender is harassment? Wow... guess making sure you are RPing with a female is forbidden here. What a waste of time this site was.

If you put that you're only interested in playing with women on your search thread it would be considered rude and sneaky for a dude to message you pretending to be female but people can write as whoever they want here and we sort the requests by gender of character, not by gender of writer, because that keeps things more organized. Not everybody cares.

Unless you find a site that demands video chat or phone calls from every person joining you'll never have any way of truly knowing if the person on the other side of the roleplay is the gender that they say they are, if it's a huge deal for you you're going to have to accept that there's a level of trust required here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom