Favorite Christmas Traditions?

Fantasize

Meteorite
Though I may not go all out during Christmas, I do enjoy the spirit ideal of it.

We all have our traditions during the famous holiday.

What's yours?

I very much enjoy our family gathering. We keep our Christmas very simple by enjoy each other's company, playing games, and maybe watching a movie after a nice meal.

But my favorite is picking out a goody to bake for the family members to enjoy. This year I decided to bake some sugar cookies. Flavored with fresh orange zest, orange juice, cinnamon, and a dash of nutmeg. They turned out delicious!

My family gets together on Christmas day. Mom cooks this amazing, big dinner. After everything is cleaned up, we go to the living room where we open gifts. With my family, it's an adventure to say the least. lol. Mom bought 60 gifts alone. 60. Add to that the fact that I will be taking a total of maybe 17. Then there are my brothers and sisters who will be bringing gifts as well. They might be bringing about 12 each. So that's another 24. lol. I hope you're keeping up if you're playing the home edition of this. So this is riddle with bathroom breaks, smoking breaks, and even nibbling on other finger foods that mom may have set up at this tmie. I'm not sure if she's going to be doing that this year. I don't think so. Still that could mean returning to the kitchen to nibble a little more or get something to drink. Actually now that I think about it my mom may have bought more than 60. It may be 66, All the while, we have A Christmas Story playing on the big tv in the background. After all is said and done and the gifts are loaded into cars, we do a chinese auction. The limit this year was $15. If you want to play, you bring a gift. It's a fun little addition we do. Once that's over, it's not long before everybody starts heading in different directions and returning home. All in all it's a big, busy day.I love my brothers. I may not be fond of their wives, but I love my brothers. So that's what I'm facing tomorrow. In fact, I have to at my mom's house a little early to help her. I hope everyone has a Merry Christmas.

Back
Top Bottom