Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Teacher's Pet (RudexDivine)

The new teacher, Gabriel Graves, was instantly popular with his students. After all, they had no reason not to love him. He was nice, smart, and great at his job, not to mention the girls thought he was gorgeous. But he did have a bit of a weakness for the shy students. He often went out of his way to make them come out more and speak. But lately, he had been facing a near impossible challenge. There was a girl who would not open up. She didn't speak in his English class and even after having her stay after class to talk with him, she hadn't improved.

She was such a sweet girl too. But today he hoped to make a little more progress. It was once again Friday, which meant it was time for their weekly discussion day where he would speak with her to make sure she understood the material. She didn't let him know in class after all. So as he rearranged his papers, he pushed his glasses up on his nose a little, the glaring glass making it hard to see his hazel eyes.

He sat tall and imposing at the front of the room, nearly 6 foot four. He wore a button down t-shirt and a tie like all of the teachers but they just seemed to look better on him. His dark brown hair was a little shaggy and he often was spoken to about it, but English teachers were always a little strange. But once he had everything arranged on his desk, he sat up and looked towards the door. She would most likely arrive any moment.

A soft yet annoyed sigh fell from her pink lips as she brushed a few stray copper locks from her face. She was walking against the flooding crowd of teens keen on getting of campus as quickly as possible, it was firday after. Most gave her an odd look as she went against the crowd and moved deeper into the hall and inner working of the school. Her heels clicked against the tile as she pushed pass the masses. Her copper locks hung well below her elbows in lush, heavy, messy curls that seemed to complement her well formed frame. Her violet orbs shielded by her lush bang danced over the hall as she neared his class.

She wasn't sure why he was so keen on talking with her every friday. Sure she kept quiet in class and didn't like to share. She liked to keep to herself, though with her unique looks you'd think she would be buzzing with friends. But she was to shy for that and kept to herself. Her skirt swayed to and fro with each of her steps that brought her closer to her teacher. She didn't coming and talking with him from time to time, he was all the other girls talked about. Though she never really keep her gaze fixed on him to long she wasn't sure what all the hype was.

Slowly she knocked on the door before entering. "Mr.Graves?" she chimed softly as her orbs swept over empty room then falling on him.

Gabriel smiled at her a little when she came into the room. "Hello Harlie. I'm glad that you came today. I wanted to talk to you about a few things." He took the book that they were reading in class this week and pushed it away, showing that what he wanted to talk about wasn't something to do with class. "Harlie...I know that you don't really like discussing things in front of the class. There are a lot of people who have that problem. But yours seems a little worse."

He bit his lip almost shyly and looked down. It was a bit awkward trying to talk on a personal level with someone who had barely spoken to anyone in the last few months. "Why is it that you don't like to speak up? Did something happen to you? Or are you shy? I really would like it if you opened up to me."

She stood in the door jam for a moment before moving cloaser to his desk, noting the book on his desk and how he pushed it aside. She sighed inwardly knowing now it had little to with class. Her gaze traveled from the book to him with an indifferent expression as she nodded her head along as he spoke. Slowly her gaze drifted away as the true subject came into view. It was about her.

She didn't know what to say or what to tell him other than she was shy and didn't like being here or how she rather be at her old school or better yet home schooled so she could be done and over it already. Instead she shifted her weight under his steady gaze, after all he was only trying to herlp. It wasn't like he knew anything about her or her past that seemed to loom over her.

Slowly she let out a soft breath before lifting those violet orbs to meet with his once more. "I'm... I'm still trying to get use to this school, these people, this class..." she paused as what all the girls had said about him clicked. "You.." she trailed off before her orbs found their way to her shoes, a faint rose tint hinting at her creamy cheecks. She didn't know why she said him... but she did. Something about him caught her and she couldn't fight it.

Gabriel nodded a little as she talked about how she was just trying to get used to everything. But then she said something about him before she cut herself off. He seemed rather confused and turned his head just a bit. "What about me? Have I done something to offend you or make you uncomfortable with the class?" He seemed rather earnest. After all, he did have a passion for helping his students. He would do anything for this girl. (Sorry. Short post.)

She shook her head softly allowing those orbs to hide behind the heavy shield of bangs. "N..no... you haven't... done anything.. I'm just trying to get use to every one..." she stammered along not sure what to say or how to react to his reaction to her words. "I ..I didn't mean anything by it...honest." Her orbs shot up from behind the shield to meet his gaze. "I really didn't.."

Back
Top Bottom