Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Pathfinder x smut

Sophor

Planetoid
I was just browsing the forum when I noticed a surprising amount of d&d/pathfinder related content. I am GMing pathfinder for several years now, so I'm feeling more than comfortable in the role. Still, so far my experiences were very much the way the system is intended.

Now I'm curious about giving it a somewhat smutty angle.
I *would not* enjoy using this as an excuse for you to get gangbanged by a horde of orcs.

The way I envision this would be text based, akin to the classic DM/Player type of rp but involving sexual themes. I tend to get bored quickly when it's all just about sex, so the whole thing would get carried by a narrative, not by sexy scenes.

This said, this is all just a quick idea I have had, something I'd be curious to give a try, and admittedly also something I'm not 100% sure would work.
I'm curious for your feedback and input and of course for people who would be interested

I am interested though I need to disclose some limitations on my part. I limit myself to this site for game play and discussion, I'm simply not on other sites enough to keep tabs on things, this includes dice rollers, I am happy to trust the DM for rolls. I know enough to create a character in Pathfinder but would be largely relying on you to do rolls and most game mechanics. I tend to favor female halfling rogues but can be flexible to round out a group.

As for feed back, I think these games are a challenge especially if you do not choose players well or have some history with them. It is probably worth your while to look at potential player's post history to see if they seem likely to stick with it, rather than pick the first characters to express interest. [Except me of course, you should always pick me:) ]

I feel the same way very often that pure sex gets boring rather quickly. My main problem is that I am a homosexual male who enjoys playing males. But anyway a system actually works well for this sort of thing as that is what I play most often, though I tend to end up bowing out of most of the sexual stuff so as not to make others uncomfortable. I would be happy to discuss things with you and answer any questions you might have, there are in fact a few documents people have come up with which can help with things like magic items, pregnancy rates spells as well as other things which can give ideas.

I would love to be a part of this. I have quite a lot of experience with Pathfinder and really dig any kind of system RP.

I don't have any preferred gender, race or class that I tend to play the first and later is more often determined by the preferences of the other players. So if the other players will be a homosexual male and a female then I would most likely play a bisexual male. But I'm really open to any suggestions.

there are in fact a few documents people have come up with which can help with things like magic items, pregnancy rates spells as well as other things which can give ideas.

I think that you are thinking of the Guide to Unlawful Carnal Knowledge. It was originally a collection of rules for 2nd ed AD&D that was updated for 3rd ed. But there's also a PF version of the rules: http://carnal.orfinlir.de/versions/PathfinderVices.pdf and someone even made a campaign setting for those rules: http://carnal.orfinlir.de/versions/ShardsofEros.pdf

I would be in for something like this.

I have to agree with most of what has already been said. Alot has to do with the group, and some games seem destined to fail before they ever start since some characters are expecting a orgy while the others are expecting something far over to the other side of the scales where sex/smut is just sorta tossed in to spice things up. Establishing that boundary is the single most important thing you can do. I tend to prefer a sexy end instead of death for those times when your party gets wiped.

It is a real buzzkill to just randomly die when you put so much time and effort into a character and campaign. The way I would handle it, you basically pass out and find yourself (and the party) chained up somewhere with an opportunity to have a little fun on the side, get their gear back, and then pretty much move on like the party wipe never really happened after the side episode plays out.

I would love to get in on some proper pen&paper action, sexy or otherwise. I feel like play by post would work best for a small-group, narrative-focused thing while a 3rd party virtual tabletop like roll20 being great for a more traditional style game. Of course using a virtual tabletop would require a fair deal of organization to get everyone together at the same time considering folks here are from all over.

That said; I would down for whatever to play whatever, though I kinda have a learning towards roguish-types or CHA-focused characters.

I would be interested... though also wondering how you would feel about adapting some things from 3.5? There are a few things I would love to try for a smutty group game... and would be looking to be more Warrior Queen this time around.

An idea that sort of comes to mind is that of a young elven woman, one who has seen that her people have become content to dream and idle away the centuries. To be sure, to live a life measured in centuries means that one must learn to take things in stride, but there is a vast difference between that and having slid into decline. Gone are the mighty empires of the Elven people, buried on the weight of the ages. Remembered in trance and tale, in ballad and story... but as shining jewels to be admired and moaned about, never to be reclaimed or rebuilt.

Gone are ancient forests, devoured by the greed and shortsightedness of mankind! Only a shadow of those elder woods remained, a pale glory of the first days of the world, when her elder children walked and loved neath the boughs. And yet... goblins, orcs and humans breed wildly and out of control, parasites and beasts that cannot be said to have even the slightest idea of consequence. How can they, when they can barely see the ending of but a single day?

And so, my character would go forth. She would look to break these unruly, savage children of their more destructive natures and habits, instill in them discipline and obedience, as she returns the land to health and its proper order.... of course, to the rest of the group, she is merely a warrior of the wilds, who draws on ancient elven teachings and seems to be a touch... bigoted towards certain races.

Sorry for the late reply, I have to admit, I m more than surprised by the sheer amount of interest!
I feel after reading all of your posts it's time to refocus the thread a bit, just so we are all on the same page.

Sadly I won't do a classical campaign (+ smut) on roll20 or a similar platform. I am already having a close gaming group, and I'm in the middle of a huge campaign that demands most of my focus. For this I was thinking about something more slow and casual. I'm not talking about primitive oneliners, but about being light on the rules.
If we don't use rules at all we wouldn't need pathfinder, but classic combat would drag on for ages and I don't want people to feel that they should optimize their characters, instead I'd invite everyone to prioritize flavor.
I'd even consider dumping combat rules altogether, I don't feel they translate well in a text based rp.
Group size is an important point too. My original idea was actually making this a solo adventure. My fear was that group activities like talking about plans would get hard in a text based medium. Same goes for in-group smut. Player A and B might start a scene while player C, well, waits. Same would go for me as a DM because there wouldn't be anything I'd be able to do there. This wouldn't be a problem without a post order, but I feel that an order would be vital for most kinds of rule based systems.

I actually still feel one player would work best, but I'm curious for your feedback on that

That is going to be up to you as the GM. Do you want to potentially run one game where there are 5 people in the party or would you be willing to run 5 games individually each with one player? Would groups of a few players who want to play together as sort of a middle ground be possible? I think alot of the issue is simply trying to get players with similar interests together so that you do not really run into those situations where A and B want one side of the scale and C onward are looking for the other side of the smut scale.

Personally, I would prefer that the GM handles rolls altogether when it comes to combat and handles a few rounds at a time. There really is no need to drone through the obvious "I attack again" moments when there is no reason to do anything else.

I prefer being light on the rules, using it as a structure to develop character capabilities and letting the dice provide some element of chance for success and failure.

I find groups to be fun but difficult to get and keep together. I have seen some groups spin off separate threads or go to PM for detailed smut between sub-groups so the rest of the group isn't bogged down with a particular scene that might be very enjoyable for those involved, but less exciting for the spectators. I would also be willing to write multiple girls for a small group that you could DM and get as detailed as you like with any one or more of them at a time.

I haven't seen much of it here on Bluemoon but I'd also be interested in some Player v Player scenes where winner dominates the loser. It would need a DM to basically be the referee.

Freeko is right though, what is it that you want to do as DM?

I would love to join you all on this but it seems you're full up, I'll keep an eye on this though for the next turn. I'd love to join a larger group to see what they're up too and try out some larger rp's! Just letting you all know I'm interested incase someone has to dro for some reason

I haven't seen much of it here on Bluemoon but I'd also be interested in some Player v Player scenes where winner dominates the loser.

I tried to get something like that going about a year ago. Sadly it did not seem to get much interest for whatever reason. i might look into trying again with a different approach at some point.

Ultimately, up to you as the DM... and cinematic combat rather than narrative could work as well. I know there are some rules for it in the Conan RPG that help streamline things, and I can take a look at finding the relevant sections? It pretty much works along 'okay, the players plan for this, have some tactics and strategy, make a single roll, and that all gets applied to something and the DM lets them know how it turned out' with of course moments of higher drama being in more detail.

Also... was looking up some pics for my idea, just going to throw some in there :p

One
Two
Three (maybe, depending on how things go
Four
Five

@LeaT @The Phantom
Does this really work? It would mean everyone involved needs to be a switch, which in my experience is the smallest group, and even there people more often than not strongly prefer one side over the other.

Well, in the end we rp because we like the type of fantasy. Not everyone enjoys every setting, every story not every fetish, I'm not an exception either.
This said, I kinda know where you come from, ironically enough, as a DM I wouldn't particular mind playing a sub NPC. In truth most of us put lot of ourself in our (normal) characters, NPCs on the other hand grow out of a need in the story, not an urge to play this kind of character. Or at least that's how it is for me

Back
Top Bottom