Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Holy Batman! (Arkus & Wei_Tian)

Wei_Tian

Planetoid
“And she did it! Robin Jones did a KO and is on her way to the final round!”

“You know Al, this will be her last year in this tournament before she ages out and needs to move up to the pro league.”

“I know Mike! Just to give everyone in the audience a reminder. Due to the technical difficulties earlier today, the final match has been postponed until next week. Today’s tickets will still get you in the door. Please see the box office for any questions.”

The ginger headed girl left the referee and walked over to her corner, spitting her mouth guard out and grabbing a drink. “See you boys next week.” she offered as she grabbed her towel and headed back to the locker rooms.

~~Day of the Finals~~

“Welcome back everyone! Get ready for the big showdown in between the fiery headed Robin and the cool silver headed Crystal.”

“Hold up Mike...I received word that no one has seen Robin, her coach is talking to the judges right now...what’s this? She hasn’t shown up at all? Then...sorry folks. It looks like this match has been forfeited!”

~Eight Years Later~

The sound of heels hitting the hard tile could be heard as a ginger headed woman walked into the lobby of Wayne Industries. She headed over to the receptionist’s desk and smiled. “Good Morning. My name is Robin Jones. I am here to see Mr. Wayne. Today is my first day and I have not received my security card.” After pulling out her license and showing it to the receptionist who also doubled as the first line of security, she received a “Temporary” badge that would give her access to the entire building.

With that, the 24 year old headed over to the elevator. She swiped the badge and hit the top floor. Once the elevator doors closed, 5’1 petite woman noticed the crystal clear reflection on the door, acting as a mirror. She smoothed out the black pencil skirt and pulled on the light pink blouse and the black cardigan to make sure that nothing was bunched up. Even with the 3” heels on, she was still lacking in height. As the elevator stopped and the door opened, she adjusted her purse, hanging from her shoulder and walked onto the floor.

The first thing she noticed was that this floor was pretty open. No cubicles and only a few doors on the opposite wall with a desk and some cabinets right outside of the central door. The rest of the floor had various tall tables and a few leather sectionals scattered about. As if, this is where all of the parties took place. As Robin walked over to the doors, she could tell that all three were closed and that none were slightly ajar. The lights were on, so she knew someone was in. After setting her purse down on the desk, she lightly knocked on the door. Quiet enough to not disturb him if he was on a call with one of his many clients “Mr. Wayne, are you in?” she asked.

Bruce has been finishing some number crunching as he waited for Lucius to get back to him about his new tech, Lucious knowing he was Batman and arming him since the beginning. Brice of course helped with the making of the inventions and test them but it was nice having an extra set of hands.

Being a wide, tall, and cutting a nice figure standing at 6’2, even sitting Robin just barely reached his eye level. “Enter.” He said in a calm deep and extremely strong voice. It held a power that most didn’t know where it came from.

When she arrived the first thing she’d see are some striking blue eyes that seemed to smile at her as Bruce, at 33, kept up a very pleasant personality. It was hard not to be a pessimist with the life he had but he could still smile, especially when he wasn’t Batman.

Once she heard the approval to come in, something stirred within her. Upon opening the door, she walked in and for some reason, she could not break eye contact upon coming across his blue eyes. Hers were just a boring hazel color. But his, it felt like his eyes could pierce her soul. "Good Morning Mr. Wayne." she greeted as she walked over to his desk.

"I came in last week and IT got me set up on everything. Is there anything you want me to focus on today?" she asked curiously. Thankfully, she had already done all of the training within the last week so that she could start today as if it was just another day of work for her. She did not like hindering her superiors or even her peers with lack of knowledge. She liked to be seen as an asset, or at least, not a hindrance. "I can go grab some coffee or tea." she offered, not seeing a mug on his desk and not knowing his preference to the morning beverage.

Bruce eyed her up and down taking in that she had balance and a stride that matched with her background of being a fighter. That and he couldn’t help but admire her petite and curvaceous form. He looked her in the eyes a couldn’t help the playboy smirk that formed on his full and slightly pale lips, as he seemed to strip her with his eyes.

“A coffee would be lovely Miss Jones, I’m guessing you already know how I like mine?” Even sitting right at this very moment, as he looked at her like she was prey, she felt like she was in the presence of some beast, or to subs, an dom or alpha.

The feeling of his gaze made her shift on her feet. She could tell her body was starting to subconsciously react to the gaze, getting ready to deflect an attack. While she knew Bruce would probably not attack her, she could not ignore the way this gaze made her feel. The last time she felt like she was prey was years ago, right after her last appearance in the semi-finals.

"Honestly Mr. Wayne...I do not know how you take your coffee." she admitted. No look of embarrassment on her face. "I know about business...but I did not research your personal preferences." she further explained. Robin read "Forbes" magazines...not "People" or any other entertainment based magazine. She knew she could probably just throw the question out on the internet and a whole bunch of women would answer. But, she did not want to feel like a stalker.

Bruce decided to be nice and spoke up as Robin tried to catch herself, “First off stand up straight and proud, like you should be, and Second, I like black coffee with a little sugar and a little cream.” He gave her that playful playboy grin of his that he was know for. “So any questions? Sorry if I made you nervous, but you’re free to ask away as many questions as you need.” He leaned back in his chair, though the movement actually showed just how large Bruce was, his shoulders and chest being much wider than most MMA fighters under his suit.

A light shade of pink crossed her cheeks as she was told to stand straight, then given the coffee order. As commanded, she stood tall and proud, again looking like her former self. "No questions at the moment sir." she answered gently as she watched him lean back. "I shall return shortly with your coffee." she added before she turned and left the office. Again, she was walking with the stride, balance and fluency of a polished fighter.

Once she reached the kitchenette, which she remembered being shown during her interview, she grabbed a coffee mug and rummaged through the fridge to find the cream. Thankfully, while she was in college, she had worked on the campus' coffee shop. After making a single cup of coffee, she poured the coffee and put the sugar in. With a small smile, she took the cream and started pouring it, skillfully making a flower shape on the top. Once she added the cream, she set the coffee down and put everything back where it was. Grabbing the coffee, she returned to Bruce.

"Here you go sir." she offered as she placed the coffee on his desk. "I was going to start pulling a few reports that you need. Did you want me to focus on anything specific?" she asked.

Bruce smiles at Robin and nodded his head as he took the coffee and admired the flower on the top, “Very nice work, work in a cafe for a while? And if you could grab me the file on our current internal affairs, hat would be helpful since it take priority.”

Brice has been able to finish his Batman work while she made his coffee so now he was actually getting Wayne Company work finished. He took a sip of his coffee and let out a content sigh, “Now that’s a god cup of coffee, but again internal affairs then anything else, but I’d advise going by the due dates on the assignments.”

"I worked at a cafe in college." she admitted. Once she got direction on what to start working on, she nodded. "Got it. I'll look over the file before I bring it in. Then I will start on the rest." she explained. Hearing the compliment, she gave a small smile. "Thank you sir" she replied. Hearing him confirming the priorities, she gave another nod. "Then I shall go start." she responded.

She once again left his office and went to her desk. Putting her purse in an empty drawer, she turned her laptop on and started looking over the report on internal affairs. She checked a few of the databases to confirm that the report was accurate and added a few items to the report. Five minutes later, she had the new report printed and in a file and had the electronic copy emailed to Bruce. After the report came back as sent, she got up and grabbed the file. Walking to his door, she knocked on it lightly, "The Internal Affairs report is finished sir." she offered.

Bruce hasn’t expected her to finish that quickly, he had gotten most of his work done of course, he was The Batman, but he didn’t expect his newest employee to be this fast. “Come in.”

Bruce still couldn’t get over the fact that his petite, smoking hot, new employee was this good at her work and obviously had a fighter gait. “I’m impressed, you finished that quickly, at this rate well both be able to leave early, and if that’s the case how about I take you out to eat and show you around Gotham. You only just moved here right?”

As she walked into the office, she placed the file on his desk. "This report was already near its completion when I received it. I looked it over to make sure it was accurate and added a few new incidents that did not make it on to the report." she explained. She definitely did not want to take credit for someone else's work. At the mention of leaving early, she gave a small smile. "Let me work on the rest of the reports. These will all be freshly pulled, so I do not know how long it will take me. But, if I manage to get these done in time, getting a tour around Gotham would be lovely. I only moved in yesterday." she replied.

She was about to turn around when she heard an alarm go off on her phone. Her phone was on silent, she knew that. This meant that Gotham PD sent an alert out. Reaching into her blazer pocket, she pulled out her phone and looked at the alert. "We might need to stay in. It looks like a dangerous criminal just escaped from prison." she offered as she showed Bruce her phone with the alert. "I'll start working on the reports. The criminal may get caught before I'm done." she added before she quietly excused herself back to her desk, leaving Bruce to his work.

Bruce didn’t even wait a second after she left to leave through the hidden entrance in his office to the secondary bat cave that is connected to Wayne towers. “Lucius, please inform Miss Jones that I’ve been called to an emergency family meeting and will be back once it’s finished.”

With that Batman geared up and headed towards his destination. “Damien, Dick I’m heading to the crime scene, you two and Barbara make sure to watch the other parts of Gotham, and Jason, behave yourself.” With that the batmobile drove through Gotham at frightening speeds trying to reach the crimescene while the criminals were still there. Commissioner Gordon would give him any required information.

It was a few minutes into her sitting at her desk when Robin stood up and went to the bathroom. She heard her desk phone ring, but was too far away to answer it. Upon her return, she saw that she had a missed email.
"Miss Jones,
While you were out, Mr. Wayne asked me to inform you. He has been called away for an emergency family meeting. He said that he will return to the office once the meeting finishes.

Thank You,
Reception"​

With a small frown, the woman resumed working on the reports. A brief sense of worry crossed over her. Did his family get insured because of whomever broke out of jail, or was it just bad timing and an odd coincidence? Even with the worry, she still had a job to do and kept plugging away at the reports. Within a half hour, they were done, so she started researching more into the personal side of Bruce Wayne to see if she could find out anything else he liked or didn't like.

---

Chief Gordon was halfway shocked when he received word that Batman was already on his way. It felt like he only had his team send out the mass alert using the cellular towers. So, is that what Batman used? Curiosity soon subsided as he sat at his desk with the report and he picked up his phone to contact Batman. After all, the emergency alert was extremely vague. "Batman, we had Prank and a few others being transported from the local jail to a state facility when the transport truck was ambushed. We believe it was the work of the Joker. Our guys can focus on the others that managed to get away. Could you assist us with Prank and possibly the Joker?" he asked.

Back
Top Bottom