Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Date Night (P) -Ladydark/Alice913-

Ladydark

The minds master
Daniel was seated at the bar, a glass of whiskey in his hand, he watches around the club. He was supposed to meet a girl here, a blind date he was set up on. He rolls his eyes and downs the rest of his drink, but it wasn’t going to be a normal date. He pulls a small silver chain from his pocket, a cracked crystal ball on the end. He twists the chain slightly in his fingers, the cracks would catch the light and shine different colours.

“This should do...” He pockets it agin and steps from the bar, leaving his money under the glass. He walks over to where they were to meet, making his way past quite a few drunk dancers. He looks around the tables, he didn’t know what she looked like, but he knew what she’d be wearing.

Reina wasn't sure what to expect when she entered the club. She knew he would be dressed in black, with longer dark hair, and that his name was Daniel. This wasn't typical behavior for Reina, she was the quiet, reserved type. But her friends had gone to all the trouble to set this up so she had to go, even though she was scared to death. She tugged at the hemline of her short, white dress, willing it to be longer. The heels she wore were uncomfortable, but necessary, according to her friends, so she did her best not to fall as she made her way over to the agreed upon meeting place, a booth at the far end of the club. A man, tall, dark, and handsome was seated there, and her heart skipped a beat. Maybe this blind date wasn't going to be bad after all! With an excited flutter in her chest, Reina slid into the booth and smiled at the man.

"David, right? I'm Reina. Sorry if this place is too loud, my friends thought it would be a good place to help lighten the mood." She blushed slightly, taking in the sight of the beautiful man sitting in front of her.

He glances back to the table when he heard a voice speaking close to him. He smiles softly and looks her over, she was quite lovely, she would be fun. “It’s Daniel actually... But that’s ok, my friends didn’t even give me your name... Reina...” He smiles a bit brighter and held out his hand “It’s nice to meet you... And I don’t mind the noise, it’s better back here, away from the dance floor...” He flags down a waitress and orders them two glasses of ice water. “Just something to wet our tongues...”

He slowly pulls the jewel from his pocket and after a minute starts to twist it slowly. He lets the light catch it, but keeps up the small talk as if he wasn’t playing with it. “So, tell me about yourself... My friends didn’t say much...” He’d spin it fast and slow, twisting it back and forth, letting the light reflect in the cracks.

His voice was like dark chocolate; smooth, dark, and tantalizing. Reina could sit and listen to him talk all day, if she could. After a moment, she realized he had asked her a question, and snapped out of her thoughts.

"About me? Wellll I haven't dated anyone in a while, I had a bad break up a year and a half ago..." Reina's eye caught the jewel, twirling and spinning under his fingers. For such a simple crystal, it caught the light so well, and all of the colors it shone looked so pretty...

A moment later, Reina started. She had stopped talking, in the middle of answering Daniel's question, how rude of her!

"So sorry, Daniel, where was I? Oh, well I teach English at the local high school, and of course I always love a good book, but unfortunately, you can't meet many people with your nose between pages!" She let out a half hearted laugh, kicking herself for sounding so dorky. The jewel continued to dance under his fingers, and she couldn't help but stare into it, fixated with its brilliance.

"So... Daniel..." She said, trying to bring her gaze back to Daniel, "What about you? What do you like to do for fun?"

He kept the jewel active, noticing her watching it now and then, slightly longer each time. He smiles “Well... I don’t really date much myself... I’ve had the odd hook up here and there... But nothing serious...” He pauses for a few moments to let her watch the ball twist and turn. “I enjoy reading as well... Nothing like a good book to relax to...” He spoke softer, watching her closely, slowly moving the jewel more into the open for her to watch.

The waitress was so busy she didn’t even know what was happening when she dropped off the drinks and left. “Is that how you relax... A good book...” He spoke slowly, still watching her, judging the look in her eyes. “You get lost in it... All the lovely colours...” He was slowly working her under, hopefully without her notice.

“Ummm.... yesss...” Reina’s eyes became unfocused. All she saw were swirly colors, dazzling lights, and his eyes, dark and inviting.

“I, um, I really like books.... they make me feel... like I can do anything...” she sighed, eyelids heavy.

“Sorry... my head is... feeling funny....” Reina murmered, barely able to keep consciousness as the colors of the jewel danced in her head.

“You’re feeling just fine Reina... Just relax and watch the colours... Relax...” He spoke softly, watching her slowly slip under, he smiles. “Feel calm and relaxed... Let everything melt away...” He slowly pushes her glass of water before her. “Take a drink and you’ll feel much better...” He glances around the area around them, no one seemed to notice them and that was good. He focuses on her again and smirks “Remember the colours Reina... Count to five and keep them in your mind...” He was getting ready to take the jewel away.

Without thinking, Reina reached for the water, and drunk deep, draining the glass. All the colors now swirled behind almost closed eyelids, and all she could do was murmur, "Yes... Remember... Colors..."

The numbers started to count down in her mind.

One. Everything was so bright, shining, swirly.

Two. Her body felt hot, flaming, yet floating on air.

Three. The music pounded in her ears, and the colors collided with each other in strange, fanatical patterns

Four. She wanted to sleep, to fall deeper into this incredible feeling.

Five.... The colors were all she saw. Reina loved them. All she wanted was to see them, and feel like this forever.

He grins at her and knew once she was under, he continues to twist the jewel slowly a few moments longer. “Very good... Now... When I snap my fingers... You’ll feel wide awake, the colours will still be in your mind... And you will hear my voice above all others...” He slowly puts the jewel away and snaps his fingers, sitting back and watching her. She had fallen under pretty quickly and without anyone else noticing, this would be fun.

Reina was sitting at the table, across from Daniel. She felt good, refreshed, and oddly warm, but was unsure what was happening. They had just been talking about books, and then.... nothing? Oh gosh, he must think she's not interested!
'Get it together, Reina! Say something!'

"So, um, Daniel, do you have any favorite books? What are you reading at the moment? I've read almost everything there is to read, so I've probably heard of it." She placed her chin on her linked hands, and smiled, trying to look as interested in him as she felt.

He smiles at her “I’m reading a few books right now... Just some adventure romance...” He says a few names, but then pushes his water before her. “Here... I got you a drink...” He looks at her “It’s vodka... Your favourite...” He sits back again and puts his hands in his lap “Drink it slow, it’s strong...” He continues on with more small talk after that, trying to keep her distracted and focused on him.

Back
Top Bottom