Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The Golden Heart - Curious Cat & Butterflyluv0408

Curious Cat

Super-Earth
Covering his face from the sandy breeze of the desert, his horse weakly trotted up and down the dunes of the unforgiving land. Visibility was becoming scarce, and no shelter was in sight. Covering his mouth with his large sleeve he coughed, the silty sand filling his lungs making it hard to breathe, let alone see. “Eslred, I…” He yelled over the wind that became louder to his cousin who lay limp across the back of the horse. Before he could finish his words, the horse’s leg finally gave and collapsed. The poor beast huffed a few deep breaths after discarding the forsaken Lyles into the sand, closing its eyes and laying there to die in peace. Grasping his tattered cloak, he pulled it over himself and his dying cousin as the sandstorm set in.

“We should have died in the battle, Alexandre… Not here.” Eslred choked out, his lips dry and blistered, his face pale white with fever.

“It is not over until you are underground, Eslred…” Alexandre said, the young brigand Lyle trying to keep hope alive.

“Or in the stomach of vultures… They are resting their wings and waiting out the storm, but they will return…” Eslred said, already succumbing to his own death.

“We’re not meant to die here, cousin… We’re meant to die another mile from here.” He humored, Eslred’s somber face managing a smile between gagging coughs as the storm rolled over them.

Silence reigned between the two for some time. Listening to the wailing of the wind, they laid there for an hour for it to pass. As the winds began to calm and the merciless sun began to impale the thick cloak with blistering heat, Alexandre stood and extended his hand to help Eslred get to his feet.

“No…” Eslred breathed out, his eyes struggling to remain open. “If you try to take me with you, you won’t make it as far… Leave me here… Can you give me my dagger…?” His dying cousin asked. Alexandre stared at him a moment in sadness. “I guess this is good-bye…” He said, opening the dead horse’s satchel and pulling out their almost empty canteen and the iron dagger. “My father was stabbed right in the heart by that Tremaine… I always thought I’d use it to taste the blood of more Tremaine… But, no matter how many of their kin I fed that blade, it still wasn’t equal to my father…” He quipped, a comforting smile forming on his face as he closed his eyes and took the dagger from Alexandre. “We’ll be together soon… You, however… I don’t wish to see you for a while. Get out of here alive, Alex…an…dre.” He whispered. Leaning down, Alexandre kissed his forehead and began his journey alone. Elsred would not let Alexandre be there when he took his own life.
junco.jpg

The sun oppressed the brigand prince, battering him each step he took through the treacherous sand. Crossing dune after dune, there was only the sight of a green mountain up ahead. It would be days of journey to get to it, blending right into the horizon. Stumbling down the edge of the dune he spotted something in the saddle where the two sand mounds met. Perhaps another dead soldier that fled the great battle…? Approaching the mount of clothing, a soft groan was heard and a white head tilted in his direction. An old woman laid there, haggard and looking as though she was an inch from death. “Water…?” She bellowed in her dry throat.

Alexandre took pity on the woman, seeing the suffering on her face. Kneeling beside her, he unscrewed his flask and helped the woman sit up. Propping her back against his knee, he offered the last of his life-giving water to the old woman. Licking her dry lips, she stood as if he had breathed life into her. Turning around, the old woman shifted into a beautiful pale-skinned woman. The alluring creature smiled brightly at him, reaching for his face to caress it. In fear, Alexandre backed away to not be touched and fell backward into the sand on his bottom. Staring up at her, he put his hand on the hilt of his sword.

“Young man, I won’t harm you… You’ve showed me you are different than the other men who litter my paradise.” She said, meaning her desert. “My land is harsh to those who cannot persevere… Its nature is just like mine. As I would have punished your apathy with apathy, I will reward your salvation with salvation.” The woman cooed, pointing to the ground as water began to puddle in the muddy sand. With glazed, thirst-filled eyes, the Alexandre leaped to the puddle and began to dig to get more water. Drinking handfuls of the water, he did not even take time to thank her. “You will continue your journey… You will see three vultures coveting something. Take it and you can wish yourself anywhere your eyes can see. Also, cut open one of the vultures and swallow the prize within… The golden heart. Swallow it.” The woman told him. Looking up at her with his muddy, dripping chin he watched as she crossed the dune and vanished. Filling his canteen, he began his journey once again…

As dusk came, he approached a boulder where three vultures roosted. Each of them mouthed a piece of a cloak in their beaks, tugging at it. As they fought for the cloth, Alexandre prepared his sling. Twirling his sling after placing a nearby stone in its nap, he hurled the stone at the fighting birds. Striking one in the neck, it collapsed and the other two flew away.

Approaching the bird, he was dubious it was dead and prodded it with his sword. Finding it has indeed perished, he carved open the dead bird with his own dagger. Cutting into it, he gagged, but was already planning to roast the vulture this evening to eat. Perhaps it would taste like chicken? Finding nothing strange about the bird, he pushed the dagger upward and felt it hitting against a solid object. Prying it out of the bloody mess, it was a tiny golden orb no bigger than an eye. Cleaning it off, he prepared his canteen and mouthed it. Swallowing hard, he bathed it with a good drink of water.

After cooking the bird over a small fire, he slept against the still warm boulder. Cooked by the sun during the day, it would remain warm through the cold night as he snuggled tightly into the wishing cloak.

Awakening the next morning, he stood and stretched. Strangely, something on the ground where he was sleeping glimmered. Leaning down, he picked up a golden coin. How strange… Pocketing the valuable bauble, he put on the cloak and stared at the green mountains in the distance. Wrapping himself in the cloak he closed his eyes and pictured himself there.

The air around him changed… Pulling the cloak away he was on top of the mountain. Swallowing hard, he was close to a ledge and turned his sights to green lands in the distance on the other side of the mountain. Quickly, he wished himself there and found himself on a dirt road. He escaped the desert alive…

circle-01.jpg

In a week of wandering, each morning he would awaken and find a gold coin where he slept. The result of the golden heart he had swallowed… Spotting a plantation, he walked the fence to see male slaves working the fields. Approaching the plantation house, he desired to sleep in a real bed. A very welcomed change.

“A man here wants a room… When did we become an inn…?” The matriarch Lilath grumbled, playing with the gold coin in his hand. “If he didn’t have such pretty gold coins, I would have cast him out… My dear…” Her wicked mother began, puffing at her long cigarette and blowing rings of smoke. “Find out how much he is worth… Use that pretty face I gave you… Perhaps he’d make a fine ransom or has a little nest egg with more of these lovely coins…?” She cooed, rolling the heavy golden coin between her fingers with a malicious smile.

Nisha wanted to sigh in disgust and frustration at the task her mother gave of her. She seemed to only be good to her mother if she was using her lush body and lovely smile to trick information out of someone. It was never to do something good. Only things for her mother's own selfish wants needs. They had the powers to help everyone, but did they? No. They only helped themselves and this one plantation. All the others in the land were barely making enough to survive while her mother made sure SHE lived like a queen. Most of the time Nisha felt like her servant. This was just another time she was her sisters humble slave.

"As you wish, mother," Nisha replied, bowing her head slightly. It was the respect her mother demanded of her and she did not like to face the consequences of 'disrespecting' her mother. She was not trained enough and her powers strong enough to win any face off with Lilith. Her mother was a horrible teacher, but most of the time, Nisha wondered if her mother was doing it to keep her placed firmly under her thumb.

Nisha.png

She paused a moment to glance at her reflection in the hallway mirror, taking a moment to slip her hair back off her face and adjusted her breasts in the her corset, making them look tempting in the tight gown before she set off again. Descending the main staircase and turning into the parlor, she came face to face with this wander that had come into their home, "Good day, good sir. I am Nisha. It is charming to meet you."

The brigand prince sat in the parlor, sitting on a love seat with tea before him that he had no touched. The man loathed tea, preferring the glass of water there was presented to him. Still in his ragged, sullied clothing he looked up and stared at the inhumanly beautiful young witch. Staring at her in her belle dress, he was mesmerized by her before his blue eyes tilted up to look at her face. Rising from his seat, he straightened his shirt. "I apologize for how I look... I have been traveling a long time. Will the Mistress of the house allow me to stay...? I only desire a room, three meals, and a place to bathe... I can pay a gold coin a day." The man offered, his face dirty and his hair ragged.

The moment he looked into her eyes, the slightest bit of her magic saw into his soul, just the slightest of dips. He never would have been able to know it happened, but it was just enough to let her know how best to put on the charm for him. Oh, and she was VERY good at putting on the charm. She smiled a sweet girlish smile and turned her face slightly away as if just slightly shy, a small giggling as she raised her hand to her lips.

"It is quite alright good sir. You must have been through some difficult times to show up upon our doorstep in your current start. Please, you may sit back down," she moved to sit herself to not make him feel obligated to remain on his feet. "The mistress of the house in my mother and I am more that certain that she will let you stay. At least for a little while."

Picking up a small bell she rang it. One of the slaves came into the room quickly, "Let me have a warm bath drawn up for you while you share with me the no doubt interesting tale of how you came to be here with me. You will share it, won't you?"

Alexandre sat across from her, trying not to stare at the woman so intently. The brigand prince came from noble blood, having manners unlike other Lyle who began to part with their heritage. "I thank you for your hospitality." The man said, licking his lips and taking a sip of the nearby glass of water.

Tilting his head, he stared at the enchanting creature for a few moments before finding words. "I come from another land... There was a large war, and my family divided because of it. I was on the losing side and am not banished from my homeland. It is just as well, because there is no future for us. We were pushed into the Teshal Desert..." He said with the image of the endless dunes in his mind. "We always thought the desert went on forever... I'm very surprised a land like this exists." Alexandre Lyle admitted, revealing himself to be an out-lander. How could a mortal have ever crossed the desert? It was impossible.

While he spoke, Nisha poured herself a cup of tea from the set on the table between the two of them. Occasionally, she could lean just a little further then was really necessary to flash a little extra cleavage in his direction. This was not so much for gaining anything more then a little of her own amusement watching him stubble to remain composed.

As she sat back, she filed away important bits of the information he was giving to her. War. Family divided. Banished. This was not looking promising for a ransoming. Mother would not be happy. Pushed into the Desert. Crossed the desert. CROSSED THE DESERT?! She could not hide her eyes widening nor her slight choking upon her tea. And out-lander? This was impossible. Any out-lander that entered the dessert either turned around before it was too late or died there. Only a small number ever made it though. Those that did... were something special. Perhaps there was some kind of promise in this out-lander after all. The challenge now was unlocking it.

In the meantime, she had to cover up exactly what he had stumbled upon. "Oh course the Teshal Desert doesn't go on forever. That is just silly. It's simply such a great distance. Not many take the time to try and cross it. Or they do not prepare themselves for the long journey. It is a harsh crossing. Water is a rare find along the dunes."

The slave re-entered the room, bowing her head but not speaking. "Ah, it appears that your bath is ready. Anita will show you the way. Afterward, she will have some clean clothing for you and show you to your room as well. Dinner shall be at 6. The dining room is in the room right through there." She pointed to the doorway to the left of where he now sat. "Please do be prompt."

Fought the urge to stare at her gifted chest, being only semi-successful. Drinking his water, he nodded. "We started out with a carvan of twelve men with a reasonable amount of water... I..." He cut it off there, the maid having entered the room to announce he was prepared to bathe.

"I will be there, Miss Nisha." He said, standing and taking a small bow. Walking away, it felt almost painful for his eyes to leave her, having wallowed in her beauty. Being taken upstairs, he undressed and climbed into the hot bath prepared for him. All the water had likely taken some time to heat as he soaked, taking deep calming breaths.

Alexandre's home had some of these sorts of treasures, but not like this. He had no idea what the soap and smelling salts were, grabbing the cucumber soap and sniffing it. Nipping the edge with his teeth, he gagged as his mouth filled with the soapy taste. "Gah... What is this stuff...?" He asked, knocking over a thing of smelling salt made from daisies with his elbow. "Damn it..." He cursed, pulling the quarter drained bottle out. Quite unintentionally, he would smell of feminine flowers.

Getting out, he toweled off and put on the robe left for him. Being escourted to the guest room by the silent maid, he would find fresh gentlemanly clothing laying on the bed for him. Getting dressed, the man began to wait for dinner.

The moment that he was gone, Nisha put her tea down and went racing back to her mother to deliver the news she had discovered. She did not know if she should tell her it all, but there was that fear that when her mother discovered on her own (and oh she could discover it somehow) Nisha would find herself punished for holding back information.

The moment she entered her mother's boudoir, she quickly shut the doors behind her, turning and leaning back against the door. "He is an out-lander..." where they first words from her mouth before her mother could even say anything. "He crossed the Teshal Desert mother. All others in his group died, but he made it across somehow..."

Lillith took a drag from her hookah, lounging lazily on a soft exhaling rings of smoke. "Oh...? Did he...?" She said with a sneer. "No doubt my sister had something to do with this... Why would she assist an out-lander?" The witch asked out loud in thought, taking another puff of the apple tobacco and exhaling a smoke figurine of him walking in ragged clothing.

"Hmm... I don't think she would have willed him here. I have little doubt he doesn't possess some bauble that assisted him through the desert and up the mountains. My darling..." The pale woman began, her face twisting into an impish grin. "Take him out after dinner at dusk... Use your talents, my dear. Remember..." She took another drag, exhaling a smokey heart. "A clever woman sleeps with a stupid man."

Nisha stood there as the smoke heart floated across the room and faded away as it made contact with her face. She did not flinch in the slightest bit. It was not the first time her mother had given her this advise. Well, more like a command really. It sickened her that she was no more that a pawn in her mother's games. She was two lazy now to do her own dirty work. She made her daughter do it for her. But Nisha had no choice. "Yes mother. I will do as you have shown me with this one. I will not fail you." Bowing her head to her mother, she left the room, setting off for his, with a small stop to the supply room in the meantime.

While he was bathing, Nisha collected all she would need for her spell. In the privacy of a room only magic could open in a place only magic could find, she combined it all together. The product in the end was a small vile of purple liquid. With this in hand, she set off to his room. With stealth like a cat and the silence of a highly trained stalker, Nisha knelt at his door, looking into the keyhole. Spotting him dressing by the bed, she waited until he sat before drawing the vile out. Opening it, she took the liquid into her mouth, but did not swallow. Closing her eyes, she set the spell into motion. Puckering her lips, she blew the sell out through her lips. Unseen to a mere human's eye, the spell was no longer liquid but a dust in the air. It traveled through the keyhole, across the room, to Alexandre. He could not see it, but it slipped into his mouth and took effect at once.

He'd feel the urge for a short nap. When he would take the time to lay down and do that, and he WOULD do it, he'd dream up exactly what he wanted in his dream girl. He'd dream up exactly what he wanted in his dream sexual experience. And when he had these dreams, she would know them. She would be able to give them to him. Tonight. And he'd he'd be trapped in her and her mother's web.

Back
Top Bottom