Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Blood, Fear and Fury (HeyThereLittleBear)

Dogged

Star
removed because she wants me gone to hide the shame of her actions. Sorry bear.

Last edited:
The man pressed his fingers into the mass of blood and fur, lifting it up with a clawed hand and wrinkled his nose in disgust at the mix. The blood had cooled and congealed but the smell was fresh -- and rank. His eyes moved through the scattered leaves and kicked over a bone, pushing at another clump of flesh with the barrel of his gun slowly. "The hell do you think did this?" The other had been watching from a distance, a rag held over his mouth as he struggled to keep his meal down. The area smelled of carnage, the blood having soured as it lay on the ground and the fur smelling... Feral. Yes, feral was certainly a word to describe the scene, which looked at a glance like chaos.

"Hell, Beau. I don't know. A bear, maybe. There's fur everywhere," The older man kicked over a rib that lay seperated from the rest of the items, his own stomach turning. He'd been a hunter practically since he was a young kid but this was unlike anything he'd seen in the area before, "Had to be something big. Whatever this thing was, it was torn apart. Not a shred of organs." He glanced at the trees in the area, scanning for claw marks or really anything, "It's the damndest thing, though. Come look at this," He kicked leaves aside from the ground, pushing his boot into the moist dirt. "That isn't a bear print."

Hand still placed carefully over his mouth, the man approached with caution, skirting around the worst of it even with his boots on. He didn't want to smell like carcass. "You're kidding me," Beau breathed out a harsh sigh through the cloth, dark eyes leveling at his friend. "You mean to tell me that a man did this?"

Dale's mouth pulled into a harsh line. ".... Something like that. Get home. Your stomach ain't fit for this. Kai needs you more than me right now." He clapped his hand on Beau's shoulder, the closest thing to a hug that the older man had ever given his future son in law, another tight smile on his lips as he glanced back over the destroyed thing that had been left in the woods. "You ought to get home. Maybe put that gun to use and kill that damn wolf that's been killing Kai's critters."

"Critters?" True concern swept across Beau's face, his eyes glancing back to his truck, "I... What else has been attacked? Last week a fox killed her chickens and a coyote got rid of that ugly damn cat she loved so good but... You don't think this is connected?" The man was handsome but clearly not the brightest, his spare hand running through his hair as he thought of his soon-to-be wife.

Kai was like her father in a lot of ways, a true hunter that could track a kill better than Beau could, a proud woman that brought home more deer mean than supermarket meat. "It's not out of the realm of possibility." Dale was already kicking leaves aside, following a slow track back into the woods, "She's jumpy when she's by herself, you know? Be a man. Ain't right that you're out here with me and she's by her lonesome." Dale typically kept his comments to himself, but something about this didn't feel right. Something in this picture didn't make sense and all he could see in his mind was his daughter, dutifully tending her garden and being attacked by whatever had done... This.

"Get home. I don't want her alone with this on the loose."

removed because she wants me gone to hide the shame of her actions.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom