Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Your younger self

HeyThereLittleBear

Cannibal Queen of BMR
Supporter
All of us have something cringy that our younger self used to say or do. It's always funny to laugh at how dumb we were as kids.

And this includes dumb little sayings that we used to use.

Example: RAWR MEANS I LOVE YOU IN DINOSAURRRR

Y'know. Cause that was a thing when you're 16.

Embarrass your younger self with what used to be something you said.

I'll start off with my old Neopets signature:

REAL EYES REALIZE REAL LIES.

There was this search engine in beta testing when I was around 15 I want to say, it was called Chacha I believe. Anyways, they had this thing where instead of looking for things yourself, you connected with another live person through a text chat and they had to pull up whatever your requests were, no matter what it was. After being directed there by someone else who was trolling the Chacha reps, me and some friends got some amusement out of also trolling the Chacha reps for days by asking them to collect images of things like Goatse and stuff. It was mean and petty and, a lot of those reps were not amused. >>

When I was younger I struggled to understand the difference in a lot of similar words, though it mostly had to do with me being dyslexic. Now, Ive mostly overcome those sort of mistakes. It'd probably be pretty annoying for me to read some of my writing from the early 2000's on forums though.

A few years back (early high school age) I used to sing Megalovania and also quote Undertale constantly

I used to draw random designs on my jeans/shorts with different colored sharpies, thinking I was really going to start a trend. I miss my scene days… skinny jeans, heavy eyeliner, side-swept bangs, converse shoes. I still own converse shoes and have side-swept bangs though. 😂

After seeing Back to the Future 2, I only wanted a flying car. Regular cars could suck it. I predicted that they would probably come out a couple years after I got my license which would be perfect because that’s when I’d get my own car, obvi!

Still waiting!

I purchased a small, stuffed dog toy and gave it a name -- Snuggles. The dog had a leash, with a loop at the end, which my pinky finger fit perfectly inside. So I slipped my finger into the loop and carried the toy around all day like that, as if I was taking my pet dog for a walk. I was 19.

This wasn't something I just did in the privacy of my own home. I took this dog with me around college, for like the whole year. It even makes an appearance in my yearbook.

I don't feel super cringe about it now coz like, y'know, whatever. Just having fun, totally harmless. But in hindsight, everyone else undoubtedly thought I was a weirdo. Which, to be fair, isn't an unfair assessment.

I still have Snuggles, although I don't take him out with me anymore.

Back
Top Bottom