Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

[OOC] Prince of the Border Kingdoms (The Phantom[GM], Cherubian, LeaT, ChrisGabriel, RPG-Girl)

RPG-Girl

Supernova
Lea... part of the astrological divination Ankhta can pull off is information gathering about strangers/people she just met. Takes a while for her to do the readings... but Ankhta is well aware of her homeland by now... even if she is somewhat disappointed as well. Largely, she is not going to comment on it outright. But hey, seer, she is supposed to be smug and imply she knows more then she says.

Also, waiting for the 'land sighted' thing to reach the captains quarters... though had better make something suitably uplifting up.....

Sounds fun, Lea won't put much faith in the stars as she feels warriors make their own fate.

I'm figuring they can hear the call and feel the change of the ships speed, it isn't a very big ship.

RPG-Girl

Supernova
By the way... is it fine if sometime I take out a piece of paper that details my obligations to my patron and point to a section where 'when divulging any information gleaned from divination, you must be smug and aloof'? Largely, so I can honestly state when putting on a show, that Ankhta is contractually obligated to be a smug know-it-all at times?

I am happy to indulge whatever particularities you want to manifest, it is after all your character. Don't expect more than an eye roll though:)

RPG-Girl

Supernova
Thats more then fine. I'm largely just planning on putting in some odd things, and it will not be the actual contract... rather, Ankhta has a strange sense of humor. As it is, she has been mocking Lea this entire time... though that may have just been a personal perception thing.

Two procedural questions:

1) Who shall narrate the arrival of Natok at the captain's cabin heralding the sighting of their destination.

2) What is the current state of our Momentum pool? If I recall correctly Ankhta has already contributed via her astrology mumbo jumbo. :)

If I went too far, just ignore my action and last paragraph, and I can delete it later. I just didn't want to leave everyone with too little to do before we set off into the real adventure.

@LeaT
Yeah, you kinda went a little far. It should have taken quite some time to ready the horses, you could rearrange the order though. Tell the others your plan, then go down and ready the horses.

@Cherubian
I'm not counting RPG-Girl's momentum from that roll because she was rolling it retroactively. Momentum Pools wear off over time.

I'll look at it after work and see how far we get. The boats I think would take more time than the horses, just open the door and goad them into the water.

What I'm saying is going down into the hold, going through the supplies, splitting them up all of that stuff takes time, like could take an hour or so. I'm not sure where the "door" is, but the horses have to be brought to the top deck and hoisted into the water.
http://floridadesototrail.com/p7lsm_img_1/fullsize/009_fs.jpg

Also, they still have to look for a place where they want to make landfall.

All the stuff you wrote is good. It's just going to take time to get to that point.

Also, Ankhta will just be observing the shore until they decide it is time to drop anchor and leave the ship, staying quiet and to the rear... as she lacks sailing experience and knows she would most likely be in the way. So, she will be nice and quiet... and smirking a bit.

@Cherubian Maybe, but was your post rewritten?

Iam keeping to the words that I can follow... if we do not use boats to go to the shore, the effect is the same... Just no boats. But still eyes on the woodline, and calming the horse behind her... And of course eyes and ears - and sixth sense -open...

We are off to a bit of an awkward start but I am still very excited about this RP. I do hope just because Lea is a bit of a bitch I don't throw any of you off the RP. I'm happy to collaborate OOC on things and if she needs an attitude adjustment from her fellow wives we can work something out. I do think it would be good to get moving along though, only so much packing I can write about.

It is wastly different what makes me or my character think 'bitch'. And the reaction is different too, so I will wait to see what comes through the roleplay, and give my reaction in game accordingly...

Ankhta has been bitching right back at Lea... though I've been trying to keep things subtle. After all, there is no need for a noblewoman to be crass and vulgar, for one must learn how to inflict wounds with silk and honey as part of a noble womans upbringing.

we are not abandoning the "boat" plan. They are floating down a large sound that is quite wide, hiding themselves from those passing in the ocean and finding a beach in which to settle.

Conflict between players is great. As long as it doesn't lead to hostilities that would separate the party, it adds energy to the drama and builds character. But remember that your characters aren't just wives. They are equal partners on an expedition where they will very likely need to count heavily on each other to be successful.

My impression was that as long as the ship is floating down the sound there is no point to send out the boats. Only once the ship is anchored should we explore the shore.

Yea I think we got a bit confused with the ship dropping anchor then deciding to explore some more. @Cherubian were you planning to post in the main thread before @The Phantom makes his reply? I think you are the only one who either hasn't posted or has stated they are sitting back, which I believe is what @RPG-Girl has stated. I'm good either way on the horses, just eager to get into some sort of encounter so we can start to get a feel for how we will all work and write together.

@LeaT My primary 'problem' is that I am a bit confused about the current situation (see above) and don't see the point of posting before clarification. :) I won't begrudge anyone to propel the story forward, until the ship has anchored and the boats are underway Kira won't do much besides observe the shore.

Last edited:
Top Bottom