Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Conversations "invisible communication" issue

PsionicCuttlefish

Supernova
Hey @Vekseid , got something I wanted to ask for some time now, but wanted to confirm it for certain for myself first but haven't yet had a real opportunity to do that, and now that I think about it I figure you're in a much better position to investigate the situation than I am. So...asking now.

So first, the thing I would like to be confirmed: If someone leaves a Conversation, and selects the "leave and ignore future replies", then for the other party(ies) involved does the left person still show up as a participant name in the Conversation? Can you confirm if this indeed the case as it stands right now?

If so, then, while I know you've had an enormous workload on you already, still dealing with stuff leftover from the software migration and future projects and anything you've got IRL, I have to ask...can you at least, please edit the system so that if a person "leaves and ignores" a Conversation, they are removed as a participant from the Conversation for anyone else who still is?

I ask for this because, while this never crossed my mind as something anybody would be "crazy" enough to do with the new site-software we've, recent re-contacts and revelations with some partners has led me to suspect that I have a number of partners who have not answered messages in Conversations as they cannot see them anymore, because they are compulsively "deleting" old Conversations out of habit, and aren't even meaning to give a total cold-shoulder ignore, they just have no idea the consequences what they actually did, that they've suddenly caused a partner to just be talking into the void with no clue why they aren't answering. The only way it's possible to find out if someone has left a Conversation as it stands now (provided the query above is confirmed) is to just start a new Conversation and ask, and that's obviously highly unfeasible to do frequently.

(All compounded of course by conversation-tracking still has yet to actually be implemented, and while I understand that is still a major undertaking, I dearly hope that at least the above request can be done simply/quickly. Incidentally, may I also respectfully request an update on the progress-status of conversation-tracking, just to know how far along it is?)

Back
Top Bottom