Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Protecting the Rebel - JoTaylor And rskde

JoTaylor

Real Gone
“I cannot imagine why we’re moving at such a glacial pace.” Georgia’s normally sunny disposition had been rained on by the insane traffic, and the fact that her assistant had spilled hot tea on her dress. It was a shock that she wasn’t more angry considering the constant pressure she was under. But Georgia wasn’t just nice for the cameras, she tried to be an all around good person.

“I’m sorry, ma’am,” Said her driver, Jerome. “There seems to be an accident ahead of us. We’ll be there soon.”

Georgia took a deep breath and nodded. She was already late for this meeting. As the youngest member of the senate, she was under a lot of pressure to perform. It hadn’t been released yet, but Georgia was ready to make her case at minority leader for the senate. The old leadership needed to get out, and she was ready to ruffle some feathers.

As they turned into the driveway of her offices, she spotted a tall man with an earpiece waiting for her. “Who’s the stiff?” Georgia asked in her unusually angry tone.

Her assistant turned to her and opened the padfolio on her lap. “That’s your new Bodyguard, ma’am.”

Standing in front of his new client’s office, Kev eyes the car that approaches, he has a feeling that it contained the senator he was meant to protect. From the sound of things, his client enjoyed pissing people off, and had some opinions that a lot of dangerous people didn’t enjoy. He kept his own opinions to himself, but that was mostly to not interfere with his work as he did contracting work fairly often for these types of people.

Being a former Marine, Kev was built like a warrior, standing at 6’1, a strong muscular frame and hair to match with a high faded haircut. A pair of hazel eyes hidden behind his sunglasses on his clean shaven face.

As the car pulls up to the office, Kev makes eye contact with the driver. He always liked to be armed of course, but that often made Senators fairly anxious, especially the liberal ones so he decided to refrain from bringing his weapon on his person, though his Kimbar 9mm was in its case in the back of his car which was parked fairly close to the office, so he still had the opportunity to grab it if need be.

“Good morning Ms. Reilley, my name is Kevin but I normally go by Kev, I am the bodyguard you requested.” He says while interlocking his hands and resting them in front of him. Really it was up to her where they went and what they did at this point. “Just know that your safety is my number one concern, you’re in good hands.” He smiles.

It was true, he had yet to let someone under his care die, it built a fairly good reputation for the twenty two year old.

Jerome nodded to the man as they slowed to a stop in front of him. The young’s senator hopped out and had to hold herself back from sprinting right by the man. “Hello Kev, It’s nice to meet you. I hate to be rude but I’m already monumentally late to this meeting and if I’m any later they might just cut me out altogether. I’ll let you and Monica here work some things out.” And then she was off.

The smaller woman that came it after her was Monica. “Sorry about that.” She started off. “We got a late start today so she’s a bit short.” The British woman started. “My name is Monica and I’m Senator Reilley’s assistant.” As Jerome went to park the car, Monica started toward the building and hoped Kevin would follow.

“As you probably know, there have been several viable threats to Georgia’s life. She’ll never tell you, but they’ve scared her. I was actually the one that asked for you to come.” As they got inside, she pulled a Manila envelope from her folder and handed it to him. “In here is the floorplan to her apartment and her schedule for the next week. It’s all pretty down to the minute so I would suggest being early.”

Finally they made their way to the lobby outside the meeting room where other assistants and guards had gathered outside the closed session. Monica kept the two of them off to the side and lowered her voice. “Are you armed?” She started. “It’s just…due to the nature of these threats I would rather have you be armed.”

“Don’t worry about it.” He says before watching her walk away, she seemed like the senator type, always really busy and needing to be somewhere at all times. He turns to the smaller woman who he assumed was Monica and rubs the back of his head, he didn’t really enjoy being blown off but it was pretty understandable considering his client’s profession.

“It’s not a problem, I understand.” He laughs. “Believe it or not I’ve worked with more than a few government officials in my time.” He explains while starting to follow the shorter woman into the building, it seemed that he would have his hands full with this one.

He nods his head as she briefs him on the whole situation, he had done a little bit of research just to see what he was getting himself into, though it didn’t really seem all that bad to him considering he had defended many clients with the same situation. He takes the Manila folder from her and opens it, examining the contents briefly while still walking beside her. “She seems pretty busy.” He notes while closing the folder.

“Not at the moment but I can be.” Kev assures the assistant. “As I said, Ms. Reilley is in good hands.” He says with a smile.

Monica couldn’t help but laugh. “Busy is a bit of an understatement. I don’t think I’ve ever seen her stop moving. She probably moves around in her sleep too.”

Looking up at him, she nodded. “She has a lot of people’s lives and hopes in her hands. Not to mention her own life.” Her whole team was terrified for not only their lives, but hers as well.

Before Monica could continue, shouts came from the conference room. Several of the guards’ hands flashed to their hips, but the doors soon flung open. A small group of angry senators rushed out. As they cleared, Georgia could be seen with a smug smile on her face as she stood.

The room cleared and the senator made her way to Monica and Kevin. “Sorry about that. I believe we can make a proper introduction. Senator Georgia Reilley, pleasure to meet you.” She smiled, reaching out to shake his hand.

Kev chuckles when she told him that the Senator being busy was an understatement, it was obvious the amount of truth she had to her words considering the senator hadn’t even had the time to stop and take a breath when she had stepped out of her vehicle.

“Huh.” He says when the small assistant mentioned that the senator had many lives in her hands. “I guess I’m not too much of a political guy, so I wouldn’t know.” He shrugs.

The shouting from the room makes Kev turn his head, he wanted to slap himself in the face for not bringing his weapon, of course now would be a time for something bad to happen, the moment he left himself unarmed. The group of angry but.. unharmed senators leaving the room makes him visibly relax, his eyes looking to the smug senator left inside of the room.

“Nice to meet you.” Kev says while shaking her much smaller hand, his large callhoused hand could easily almost make her hand disappear within the handshake. “Seems like you ruffled some feathers in there.” He comments before letting go of her hand.

Monica didn’t respond to him after that. She had spent years of her life devoted to politics and making sure to change the minds of people like him. However, she was convinced that if anyone could do it that it would be Georgia.

At his comment, Georgia only smiles at him. “That’s What I do best.” She said with a small laugh. “Much to the chagrin of pretty much everyone around me.”

The senator gestured for him to follow her to her office and sat down. Monica say at her small desk in the corner and Georgia gestured for him to sit across from her. “So, Kev, tell me about yourself. I’d like to know the person protecting me.”

The bodyguard laughs quietly at her comment, with the research he had done he had already seen her ability to piss politicians and people off, she seemed to enjoy it more than anything at this point.

He follows her into the office and nods to her, taking the seat opposite of her. He raises his eyebrows in surprise, clients normally didn’t care to know much about him, but he decided he would humor the senator.

“Well I joined the Marines when I was eighteen, fought overseas and didn’t really have a taste for it so I became a professional contractor.” He explains in what seemed like as little detail as possible, not really wanting to go into his past with the Senator.

“I thank you for your service.” Georgia said with a courteous nod. “My late husband did a tour, so I understand if you don’t want to talk about it.” She let the topic drop and turned to look back up at her computer at the rush of notifications and emails she was getting.

“Most day for you will be pretty boring, I imagine. I hope, anyway. You’re here in case they turn interesting.” Georgia was trying to keep the mood light even though it was a very serious subject.

“All of the windows in this office and my house are bulletproof. Unfortunately the windows in my car are not. That’s where I’ll be most vulnerable.” Before she continued, Georgia laughed softly. “Of course, you probably already knew about that.

“No problem.” He says quickly, as if waving off her thanks, he obviously wasn’t one to go around gloating about what he had done, it more seemed like something he just wanted to forget about. He bites the inside of his cheek while she looks to her screen, Monica had been right about Georgia always being busy.

“Well let’s hope that they remain boring.” He laughs, rubbing the back of his head. “I hope you don’t mind if I bring along a firearm, might be pretty useful if things go badly.” He says to her while leaning forward, unsure where she stood on the issue of him being armed at all times.

“Just because something is bulletproof doesn’t mean it’s full proof.” He shrugs. “I’ll just keep my eyes open at all times of the day, though I doubt that the people who might want to do you harm know where you live.. so your place of work would probably be another place that you’re vulnerable.” Kev explains.

Back
Top Bottom