Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

My Deadly Nightshade (PoisonousIvee/Mr.Aznable)

PoisonousIvee

Cluster
Layla was not your average twenty-odd year old girl. She was in a subgenre of aesthetic that people looked down their nose at: Pastel Goth. Obviously far from a traditional goth, she liked the pale colors and bubblegum art and subtle romanticism of death. You couldn't miss her in a crowd with her pale blue hair and oversized macabre clothing. She was kind and loving to all she knew, never a dull moment with her around. Of course, such openness and self acceptance has it's dangers. She fell in love, as all girls do; and as all girls are, she was devoted. But she was no more than a trophy, something to hang on your arm and rub in people's face. She got out of there, thankfully, by the skin of her teeth and sheer force of will. But it left her cold for a while, feeling like no one would really love her for who she was. At least until she met him...

Datura was more than a man. Tall and strong, and obviously not human. Bearing the marks of a Deathhead Hawk Moth, he easily stood out in a crowd.

They met at a mutual friend's house party; she was the only one not having fun. And it wasn't because she was a wallflower or she was reliving her edgy emo years, but rather she felt oddly dislocated from the festivities. So she sat outside, alone in the cold dark of the poolside, listening to the muffled bass of the music inside. She didn't look when she heard the sliding door open and shut, figuring it was one of her friends. She didn't think it would be a near seven foot tall mothman.

His voice was deep but smooth. "Hey, what are you doing out here on your own?" He asked her.

She glanced up at him and gave a sad smile before looking back at the pool. "I don't feel like an honest party goer in there. It's too loud and there's too many people. I haven't really been myself lately.."

She smiled and laughed softly, "No, I don't mind talking to a moth." She replied before turning more toward him, "I'm, uh...getting over a really toxic relationship. I felt more like an ornament than his girlfriend...and it just..." She stopped, "It made me feel like...like people only like me for my out there appearance. I can count the pastel goths I know on one hand, y'know?"

"I feel you.. That sucks though, I'm reslly sorry to hear that.." He said. "I mean your look is really cool, though.."

She blushed softly, "Thanks...hair dye isn't cheap though.." She giggled, "Your look is pretty cool, too...I'm digging the grunge punk.."

"Oh, like the nightshade...how cute." She smiled, "I think that's neat, you must have been the cutest larvae.."

He laughs. "I've been told that.. Eh, I'm happy with how I look now." He said, smiling up at the moonlight.

"You wanna hang out sometime...? I know this monster friendly cafe on fifth that we can go to and just talk.." She offered

She gave him her number and they stayed outside and shot the breeze until she was ready to go home. After that, they spent as much time as they could together; hanging out and just having a great time. She opened up to him more, their friendship quite platonic after the first couple of months; lots of cuddling and hand holding. She liked it, she was usually pretty platonic with her friends. But Datura felt...nice.

He loved spending time with her, loved that he could feel comfortable around her. Feel safe, even.

"Wow, your sister is gorgeous...I love satin moths." Layla said during one of their hang outs, Datura showing pictures of his older sister Belladonna. "Her wife is stunning...God, I would pay her stupid amounts of money for just one of her feathers." She said with a grin.

"I'm here to listen if you ever wanna let some of it out..." She said softly. Her ears started to burn as she blushed, "I wanna be there for you all the time, Tura..."

Back
Top Bottom