Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Special bonds with fellow rpers?

Does anyone want to share a story of finding someone special to you through rp? I just think it is cool to become close with another person by acting out different characters you know?

I'll start, I started a long term ddlg rp with someone who would become my on and off lover. We would talk for hours on end.

I've always had some dirty thoughts about doing a rp where I'm a good Christian girl walking home from church when I am kidnapped. I've already found two people that fulfilled my fantasy

I did some dark, horror-themed roleplay on a different site with somebody a couple years back, we soon realized we lived shockingly close to each other. Ended up playing similar stalking scenarios out in real life before dating for a bit, didn't work out but we're still casual friends. Even if it wasn't as powerful a connection as we'd initially hoped I still think it's kind of a neat story.

Met my husband roleplaying back in a drow server for Neverwinter Nights. We tried LDR for about 11 months before we got married and he brought me from Europe to the US, our 14th anniversary is next month.

I've made a lot of dear friends throughout the years from RPing. Every time I join a new community (or been gone for a long time and come back), it is like a new adventure that can come with friends!

I do know couples who met online, many actually.
I met my ex best friend (long story) through RP, and have become good friends with a nice number of cowriters. One became a penpal (we were teenagers what can I say), I met a few in real and had some crush/special feelings for a couple of them over the years. Voilà :)

I actually like talking with my partners aside from our rps, and I have met someone from this site in rl before. Things didn't work out, but it was for the best. I still consider him a friend, and we actually still rp together. Last we talked about the subject of romance, he was with someone and happy. I wish them both the best. I don't talk to my friends as much as want to. I have my reasons for that. I feel bad for not writing with them much.

Met my ex over a similar site actually and even prior to meeting her was honoured by so many friendly faces online. OOC banter is always so special and I've noticed if you delve in respectfully and politely whilst keeping that bit of whimsy and play alive, it pays its dividends handsomely over long-term. Going forward I hope your experiences contine to shine just as awesomely. :)

I've mostly only ever found people through RPing that got... a bit uncomfortable. It's a large reason I stopped for many years.

No, never. Actually, there was one, once, like ten years ago.

I've never had any desire to meet someone online in real life, although I don't mind at all any OOC friendship. But I've had very scant little OOC interaction outside of plotting for the story ahead with any of my partners. This site in particular I would have to say has easily made the least connections. Of all the writing partners that I've had over the years, barely a handful have ever given me the impression that they were genuinely excited to be creating with me beyond the planning or intro stage, and none of those in that handful were on this site.

Back
Top Bottom