Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Hunted Hunters ( DudeGuy & Fancy Brat )

DudeGuy

Star
Long ago, the Demon Hunters Guild was established. Their mission, to hunt down and destroy demons. Whether or not these demons did anything wrong, their existence in the human world would not be tolerated. The slaughter of demonic beings continued for longer than anyone could remember.

Eventually, the toll taken on the demonic race was beyond catastrophic. Their numbers dwindled to near extinction. There were those who believed that the superior physical strength of the demons would prevail, that there was no need to use anymore against inferior life forms. That could not have been further from the truth.

There was one Demon Lord who new this better than anyone. He was once prideful and boastful, and attempted to strong arm his way through the human world. His advance was met with heavy resistance from the Demon Hunters Guild, and suffered a loss greater than any loss he ever experienced in his three hundred and twenty six year existence.

Though a Demon Lord, though able to take out entire villages with little to no effort on his part at all, he was not able to save the ones that he cared about. Why? Because he allowed the age old misconception of the weakness of humans to cloud his judgment in battle. He thought that it would be easy for even the weakest of the weak to come here and wreak havoc as they pleased. He could not have been more wrong. Friends, loved ones, family, all slaughtered ruthlessly by those from the Guild.

And ever since that fateful battle, the once prideful Angir, swore that he would find a way to make the humans, and more importantly, the Guild suffer for crossing him. How would he do so? Well. . .let's just say that he had something special in mind for his new targets.

It was now late afternoon turning into evening. In the valley, it wasn't uncommon for mist to roll down the hills and flood the village. No one thought that things today would be any different. That was, until he appeared. No one saw him come into the village, no one really even noticed him until it was too late. The Demon Lord bore his fangs and let out a blood curdling cry as he rend the human nearest to him in half. Screams flooded the air, but there was no one to answer the cries for help. There was no demon hunter in the village, and no one who was even close to being strong enough to stop his rampage.

In less than half of an hour, the entire village of a little more than a hundred was reduced to one. The one who remained was not human, nor was he a villager, but the angered demon who had come to the town and tore everyone he saw apart. It took the demon much longer than that to calm himself down. Once he had, he went to the mayor's manse and waited. Someone from the guild would notice soon enough that the town had been decimated, and they would send someone to investigate.

All was going according to his plan.​

"Are you serious?! This cannot go overlooked. And he attacked so close to the Guild! What is he trying to do anyway?" "What are you so worried about. It is just another weak demon who is trying to prove himself. Despite the heavy loss of civilians you are overreacting." "W-what are you saying?! He is clearly provoking us!" "Then I will take care of him, if it'll make you shut up.[/I] The figure turned to walk out of the room, with only their footsteps echoing in the silent hall. The other person in the conversation was the leader of the guild, a young experienced man when it came to strategies, but lousy with wars or fighting. And that is were all the hunters had been hired to take down numerous demons, and lately they had been able to cut down the population by a great amount. However, there were known to be numerous attacks by a particular Demon Lord, and know he was starting to come closer.

The door flew open as the young hunter stepped out, her long black jacket fluttering gently in the strong breeze. She had a pair of baggy blue jeans dragging against the ground, and bandage tape wrapped all around her chest. She had long coal black hair that went to her waist, with glittering emerald eyes. A white bandana was tied tightly over her forehead, almost covering her eyes. She had a rather small body structure, and she was often underestimated because of it. However, she was remarkably quick and powerful, knowing the right times to attack and defend. Many had thought of her as an annoying little mouse. As she walked, the faint sound of steel dragging against the floor could be heard as she had a long slim katana in her belt. It was probably just a bit shorter than she was. Also, she had a large shotgun strapped across her back, good for occasional long-range fighting. She rarely used it though. Upon looking at her, one would imagine a young child going off to war.

Anyone who came after him thinking that they would be facing just another weak demon was in for a rude awakening. Angir was a Demon Lord, a being much more powerful and capable of more destruction than any weak demon could ever hope to be. The sudden and vicious slaughter of the small valley village should have been more than enough to prove that. It was the challenge that he was sending out to the Demon Hunter's Guild. They would answer soon, and they would send some of their best. At the top tier of the Guild were mostly female fighters, a fact that human women were proud of. Soon enough, it would prove to be their downfall.

The bodies of the dead had been gathered together and stacked up in the Mayor's Manse, and the Demon Lord was taking his time devouring them. Unlike many of the other demon's who came to Earth, he didn't find Human's to be exactly. . .appetizing. He ate them just because he could. It also gave him something to do while the Demon Hunter's took their time moving their feet. They were so slow that it was agonizing.

The village looked pretty much the same as it did before, the homes were all standing, lights were on in some houses, the fountain was still spewing crystal clear water up into the air. The only real difference here was that the people were long gone, all seemingly replaced by crows. Their call could be heard all throughout the village. Angir loved their sound, their call sounding more like music to his ears than anything he heard before.

Their song slowly quieted until becoming replaced by only silence. A hunter was approaching.

"It's about time," he said outloud to himself.

The young woman stepped past several bodies, sending the crows flying off in different directions as she passed, even though they'd come back later for their meal. She seemed unaffected by the view around her. It was not the first time that a large number of people had been slaughtered where she was called, but this certainly had the most casualties. She would occasionally look to each side of her, noticing all the blood spilled and smeared against the ground. The only thing that remained seemingly untouched was the large fountain, the water not having the littlest drop of blood. In this Guild she was part of, there weren't very many male hunters that were in high ranks such as herself. It was an odd little thing that had made women aware of them rather proud.

Her blade continued to drag across the ground, and it could be seen that it would occasionally dig deep into the ground as she walked. Occasionally it would cut through a few rocks like paper. She mindlessly fiddled with a bullet in her left hand, spotting a large pile of bodies up ahead, those being the bodies of the villagers that had been slain. She didn't have to look much farther until she had spotted her target. Anyone could tell how much Angir towered over the girl, but she still stood confident and determined, letting out a soft yawn. "Hmph. You've been a real pain in the ass to track." she muttered, crossing her arms over her chest. "You're foolish to try and attack a village so close to the Guild."

Angir could only laugh. This human woman was so confident in herself and in the abilities of the guild that she served. The Demon Lord understood pride, and he understood how important the Hunter's Guild was to the general populous, but to stand before him so casually and so lax? That was merely foolishness. When his laughter finally died down, he leaned to his right in the chair and crossed his legs, the glow from the pattern in his eyes shining a bright red underneath the hood of his cloak.

"I could say the same about that Guild of yours. Even if you are at the top of the totem pole, to send merely one of you isn't near enough to stop me. Curse them woman, for they have sent you to your death," Angir replied. He waved his hand before him causing several points of light to appear. The traced what appeared at first to be an odd symbol in the air. With one final bright glow, the symbol flashed and in it's place was a long sword, a dai katana. The hilt of the weapon was as long as the handle of an axe, with the blade of the weapon being twice that length. Such weapons were usually used out in the open and were more than a hassle for humans.

But for this demon? He could shred this manse in seconds with the blade in it's sheath only using a single hand. "Don't blame me for the incompetence of you and your people. Y - no. . .that's enough with the words. Come at me girl, we'll settle this the old fashioned way," he said. Yet, he did not move. He remained seated in the chair, his eyes fixed on the Hunter. She would have to make the first move, and from there, he would judge exactly what he did with her.

"Hmph. I don't take a target I know I can't kill." she muttered briefly, watching him carefully as he had brought up a strange symbol behind him. Of course, she didn't seem fazed at all by the little light show, however she stirred slightly as the symbol flashed, now revealing a large katana in its place. The size of the weapon was remarkable, and he could perhaps easily reach her from a safe distance. However, she wasn't intimidated in the least. In fact, a slight grin had come on her face. She let out a small sigh as she raised her weapon to point at him. She was more than ready for combat.

"Your weapon is impressive of course. Let's only hope that you can use it properly." She had expected him to rise and challenge her, though he was still sitting comfortably in his little throne. Too bad for him that he'd be unseated pretty soon. "It seems they are merely giving themselves up now." Without him having to ask twice, she had quickly darted for him at blinding speed. This little mouse could prove to be a handle for larger opponents such as him. She kept an eye on his weapon as she quickly closed distance between them, lunging at him as she sent a horizontal slash as his chest, one hand gently grabbing the shotgun on her back...

The cut from the katana didn't even phase him. At most, it cause his skin to itch. He follow up attack would be a blast from her shot gun - that one would hurt quite a bit more. He quickly moved his weapon, still in it's sheath, and placed it against the bottom of her hand. Even if it didn't stop her from pulling her gun, it would do a couple of things. Most importantly, it would disrupt the timing of her drawing the gun and aiming it at him. Secondly, it would make aiming at him difficult. More so than it normally would anyway.

"Impressive speed, and strength for a human woman. Please, show me more - show me that power that sent so many of my comrades to their death. Show me what you are truly capable of," he said, his voice was oddly calm, low and seductive like a purr. In his mind, the Demon Lord was wondering if this girl was really as powerful as he had come to believe. Could she live up to his expectations? Could she even force him to draw his sword? If she could even do that much, he would be impressed.

Her brow twitched slightly as she noticed her blade not quite doing as much damage as she would have liked. He didn't even seem to flinch from it, and it seemed he was willingly letting her attack him. She felt the sheath under her hand, now in an awkward position if she wanted to pull out her shotgun, though she quickly removed her hand, instead wrapping it around the sheath and flipping back over it. In this time, she had quickly moved her sword back into the spot on her belt, while quickly moving that hand to grab the shotgun on her back with ease. It showed just how physically strong she was, since she was able to hold it effortlessly with one hand. She skillfully planted it under the sheath, pointed straight for his neck. "How's this then?" She pulled the trigger now, almost flying back as it fired, but she still held onto the sheath.

Her display of strength and agility was, to say the least, impressive. She managed to maneuver her way around the sheath of his weapon and place herself in a highly advantageous position. He wasn't expecting such a feat. I made a smile form on his face. She wouldn't see that until after the bullets from her gun tore into his flesh and caused him to jump back, a short distance. The seat moved with him, his hand sliding all the way down to the end of the hilt of his weapon. "Please, show me more of your skill. I want to see the very best you can do," he said. He raised his hand and wiped away the blood that was flowing out of his mouth.

There were several holes in his cloak now, and blood flowed out of those holes. Yet, he seemed to be unphased by the wounds. "Come girl, your opponent is a Demon Lord, not some low level cur. Fight me like your life depends on it, because your life does depend on it."

The young hunter watched her opponent carefully, quite satisfied with the result, though she was confused as to why he seemed unaffected. It didn't matter if he was a Demon Lord as he had said. Just having a few holes in your body was enough to make anyone cry out in pain. "Your act of playing tough bugs me. I want to hear you crying out in anguish." She placed the shotgun back in his carrier on her back as she gripped her blade tightly in her hands. He still wasn't pulling out his weapon. It seemed he was testing her ability, at the cost of his body of course. "I suggest that you actually fight, since your life depends on it." She rushed at him again, taking a different approach as she went low to slash at his knees, following up with a quick thrust to his side.

"You humans understand not," he said, taking a quick step back to dodge the blow to his knees. The second blow, a thrust, was unexpected. It punctured his side biting through him like the fang of a beast through flesh. "The only things you have been fighting up until now were the weakest of weak. They haven't even the strength to survive in their own world, that's why they come here to yours. Even here, they are too weak to survive. They are easily torn apart by your blades, your bullets. . .even your bare hands. That is nothing special, nothing special at all. Shall I show you the difference between myself and those pathetic things you are so used to fighting?"

The Demon Lord swung his weapon around, crashing through the walls of the manse tearing apart the wood that made up the walls, the doors, even the furniture. He took great care not to hit her, as he was afraid he would end her life much too soon. Finally, he rose to his feet, his hand, wrapping around her own and pulling her in closer to himself, forcing the blade to bite into him even more. "You must have more tricks up your sleeve Hunter. . .use them, use all of them, tear me apart. . .just like you did before," he whispered into her ear.

He had come across her before, like he had come across many hunters, masquerading as being a weaker demon. In many fights, he was torn apart by these hunters. They must not have spoke much of their prey amongst one another. If they had, they would know that this same demon kept popping up all around the country, dying over and over again. The hunters knew him as Angir, but that was not his true name. "Don't you remember? You stabbed me. . .through the heart, through the lungs, you slit my throat, cut my face, you blasted me in the head with that gun of yours. Again and again. Oh. . .silly me, I've been hiding my face from you all this time."

He slowly peeled back his hood revealing his face to her for the very first time. His eyes were a glowing shade of copper, with a tint of a reddish glow, his jet black hair could only be described as a mess and his skin a light shade of tan in tone.

Back
Top Bottom