Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Information Russia Investigation protests have been called for Thursday, November 8th, at 5 PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vekseid

Most imposing inkwell.
Administrator
Trump has forced Jeff Sessions to resign, appointing a sycophant as Acting Attorney General, who is now in charge of Mueller's investigation into Russian involvement in the 2016 US elections.

Information on protest locations here for those already intending to protest. Please be mindful of de-escalation strategies.

Edit: This is viewed by myself and others as an attack on the functioning rule of law in this country. Accordingly, I feel it is an attack on the system that allows me to operate in the only country I can feel confident in doing so legally. Like the administration's attacks on Network Neutrality, it is a threat to our ability to continue existing, however remote. Thus this notice.

----

More details for those not keeping close track of events

With Sessions' resignation today, Trump has appointed Matthew Whitaker as Acting Attorney General. Regarding the Trump Tower meeting colluding with Russian operatives, confirmed by emails Donald Jr. himself released, Whitaker has stated "You would always take that meeting." (Reported in the CNBC link.)

Whitaker was additionally on the advisory board of a patent scam, who made at least one threat against representatives of its victims. Even ignoring his active hostility towards the investigation, this person is blatantly unqualified to be running the Department of Justice.

As he has not recused himself and obviously is not going to, Whitaker has formal control over the Mueller investigation. He is openly opposed to the Russia investigation, and the 'rapid response' protests have been triggered accordingly.

----

For those who are uncertain about whether the Russia collusion merits investigation

Beyond the convictions already obtained by Mueller's team:

1) Donald Jr.'s emails regarding the Trump Tower meeting, which he himself released, as I linked above.

2) I wrote about Wikileaks being openly influenced by Russia here.

3) Documents from the Guccifer 2.0 leak were edited on Russian language machines. You can still download the file and check it yourself, two and a half years after that article was written. The name Феликс Эдмундович is still there. Reports have indicated that Guccifer 2.0 failed to activate his VPN on at least one occasion, revealing his IP to American social media companies, and outing him as a GRU operative in Moscow.

4) In 2016, a curious set of DNS communications were revealed between Alfa Bank, the Trump organization, and Spectrum - owned by Betsy DeVos' husband. Alfa Bank threatened Jean Camp not long after. Dismissed originally as being rather odd, news of a later meeting in the Seychelles seemed to corroborate that some form of communication was in fact going on. Erik Prince did admit that the meeting occurred.

5) By 'pure coincidence', a Russian billionaire's plane shadowed Trump's twice during the campaign.

I could go on. There are many details that deserve answers.

You don't need to trust any media outlet to confirm the need for an unhindered investigation.

"We should know nothing" is not a healthy position to take regarding a foreign country's involvement in your elections.

Thank you for reading.

Be safe, everyone.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom