Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Fx Female Make My Heart Go Doki Doki~ [Doki Doki Literature Club]

Kynim

Withdrawn
Withdrawn
So first of all, I want to say that this thread will no doubt contain spoilers for the game, so if you haven't already played it then do yourself a favor and give it a try! If you read any further, then don't say I didn't warn you~.

"Okay, everyone!"
Aha, sorry, I couldn't resist. ^^;

So I've just recently finished finally playing through the entirety of Doki Doki Literature Club as well as binge watching a number of my favorite youtubers play through the game too, so I'm on a real high from the game right now. As someone who can't stand jumpscares in general I was very wary about playing the game, but now that I've finished it I can safely say it's become one of my favorite games of all time, if it can even really be called a game. The creativity behind it is incredible, and I adore how fully self-aware of itself the game is without shoving it down the player's throat until subsequent acts and playthroughs, when suddenly all the off hand comments make a whole lot more sense.

But anyway! The point is, now that I've finished playing it I'm really craving an RP involving one/some/all of the characters from the game. I am specifically looking for a partner who'd be willing to play as a canon character(s) for this, specifically either Monika or Natsuki as those two were by far my favorites, but I'm open to suggestions too. Now obviously this raises a bit of an issue considering how meta the game is and its tendency to break the fourth wall (to put it lightly, maybe demolish would be a better term), so I'm hoping we can work together to come up with a plot of sorts! I'm open to all sorts of ideas, but I'd greatly prefer to play as either the protagonist of the game if we keep it in the game world, or the actual 'player', I suppose, if we take it out of the game world. This means I'm happy playing as both a male or female character, so just let me know your preference.

Now, onto the plots themselves I suppose! I haven't really given these much thought, honestly, but there are a few ideas that spring to mind. These aren't in any order, so if anything jumps out at you then just let me know:

1 - My character somehow manages to remove Monika from the game. And not in the grim way that she deleted the other characters, oh no. I mean finally help Monika escape the game and bring her into the real world, finally letting her experience what its like to be alive and to finally be together with her love. This could remain mostly sweet and romantic and slice-of-life focused, or it could remain relatively dark, with her having to adjust to the real world while still feeling a little regret about what she did in the game. Maybe she still has her hellish nightmares too, or maybe the glitches run deeper and messed up something more important with her, or perhaps she can even use them to bend reality too. Who knows? There's plenty of potential here.

2 - This one is basically the opposite of the previous prompt, where rather than my character helping Monika escape, they somehow manage to bring themselves into the game world, which Monika 'resets' on the condition my character spends the most time with her out of the other girls. Whether she still remains jealous at times when my character interacts with others, or whether she's perfectly comfortable knowing my character loves her the most, is something we can discuss. And of course there's still the possibilities of glitches happening, or characters still being a little weird after Monika messed with them.

3 - Finally, this prompt pretty much focuses on the idea of, what if the game really was just another visual novel / dating sim, without any of the weird creepiness going on, where the protagonist can just pick a girl and spend time with her, steadily building up a relationship and helping them deal with whatever painful secrets they're hiding. This one could work with Monika or Natsuki, or even any of the other girls if we wanted to.

But like I say, these are just some hastily thrown together ideas while I'm still feeling the excitement from finishing the game. I'm totally open to discussing any and all other ideas you might have! I hope there are some DDLC fans out there who'd be interested in trying this out, so I look forward to hearing from you soon, wherever you might be! ^^

Back
Top Bottom