Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

OOC: A House Divided (A Despair and Desire RP)

Sharing the character concept parts of my sheet in here. Hope that's okay, Morathor. If it fits your setting and such, then others have the option to coordinate.

[b]Bio:[/b] [i]--Name:[/i] Natsuko [i]--Age:[/i] 16 [i]--Level:[/i] 5 [i]--Appearance:[/i] [IMG]https://elliquiy.com/elluiki/images/d/de/Tenshi.png[/IMG] Natsuko is 5'5", svelte, and buxom. Her personality is friendly, energetic, and bubbly. She loves (western) fencing, anime, cosplay, and manga. Her ambition is to attend the art university founded by Rumiko Takahashi and become a manga-ka. She does poorly in math and science, as they don't hold her attention, but makes up for it in literature, philosophy, and linguistics. A bit of a polyglot, she is fluent in English as well as Japanese and can make herself understood in Mandarin, French, and Spanish. Natsuko is now a second year student at Kuroyama High School. Last year, British immigrant Brynn transferred to the year ahead of her. They were first introduced by Mitsune-[I]senpai[/I] because Natsuko had very good English. They continued to bond when they joined the fencing club together.

@Tenshi : I know I haven't gone into much detail on the setting; since I feel like I was pretty rigid with the themes and scenario, I wanted to give you all more freedom with the setting, to define what sort of world you'd like to play this out in. I know you were thinking Rennaissance, and I'm certainly down for that, but it seems as though we're leaning more towards a modern Japan setting. Which is also definitely something I can work with.

If anyone has other setting suggestions, I'd be happy to hear them and see what everyone thinks about them.

Tenshi and I went with Japan when we brainstormed our characters a bit. I think I have enough done to post the basics of my character now. Not sure about stats and powers just yet, but that should be sorted soon I hope.

Name: Brynn

Level: 5

Brynn is 5'7" and tight bodied with a perky bosom. She is new student in Japan. Her family relocated here from England after being stationed nearby at a military base.

When Brynn transferred to this school as a 10th year, a 12th year girl was instructed to help her get acquainted with the new school. That girl was having trouble with Brynn's English, so she turned to a ninth year named Natsuko for help. Brynn liked the bombastic freshman immediately. They bonded further when Brynn learned Natsuko was a fellow fencing enthusiast, and they tried out for the school club together.

Alright, then unless anyone objects, we'll set this in modern Japan. Here is a my proposal for a setting/premise breakdown (subject to change based on your input):

In the not too distant future, Asmodeus, the Prince of Lust, commanded his minions to break through the barrier between the human and demon worlds, intent on conquering the Earth and subjugating the human race. They were able to open four rifts into our world, suffering tremendous casualties in the process. But despite their losses, what remains of Asmodeus' army is more than capable of conquering the world through brute force. It is not merely that demons are more powerful than humans, though they are; as celestial beings, demons' bodies can't be harmed by mundane weapons, no matter how powerful.

There are two graces by which mankind might be saved. The first, is that Asmodeus wants to rule us, not to slaughter us. Rather than force an open conflict, and risk the deaths of millions or billions of his future subjects, he has set his forces on a campaign of corruption. It is slow and subtle, which gives those few humans who are aware of his machinations the time to fight back.

The second is Gemory--the Prince's second in command, who first pierced the barrier between worlds, at the cost of her life. Her body and armaments were recovered by humans, and her celestial essence was used to engineer weapons that could fight the demons. But, although every effort has been made to purify that essence, it still carries a trace of demonic corruption, that may yet prove to be the downfall of the heroes.

Again, open to suggestion or revision, but if you need setting info for your backstories, that's a good starting point. We'll be focusing on a rift in Japan; Asmodeus' forces are divided between the four, which is why you only have to deal with one general at a time. Whether your characters are already members of the resistance or if you want to be recruited when the RP starts, is up to each of you.

Also, freeko and Tenshi, I don't know how this will impact your timeline but high schools in Japan typically cover three years instead of four (10-12 grade), while 9th grade is the third year of middle school. But there are a lot of middle schools affiliated with particular high schools, with the assumption that graduates of the middle school will move onto that high school, so if you want your characters' relationship to stretch that far back you can certainly say the two affiliated schools share a campus.

Back
Top Bottom