Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Why do we have to post a bunch of posts to be able to do anything on here?

Status
Not open for further replies.

blackrose

Planetoid
Why do we have to post a bunch of posts to be able to do anything on here? Do you get gratuitous amounts of spam? I would have to guess this was the reason for these requirements. This flood control on the messages seems a little extreme though. I hope you do not have to wait ten minutes in between every post you make on here. That would be more than a little annoying. Anyway, I am hoping this is just a hoop you make people jump through in order to rp, and that once you have done that, you can be a regular member with less flood control. If this is not the case, and there is ten minutes of flood control for everyone, I am not very likely to remain because that is ridiculous. (With all due respect.)

The ten minutes is only for starting a new conversation, not for sending messages in already established conversations and yes it is spam/troll control. The three messages/introduction is also for that purposes. These are newly implemented rules due to a recent situation and we are still ironing out the kinks, thank you for your patience.

It's also for new threads. Replies are rate limited far less and that hasn't changed. The new thread limit is because some people were starting multiple threads in the intro section. The overwhelmingly vast majority of members can ignore the rate limit.

The post requirement has been discussed for some time. There are a variety of reasons, spamming is only one factor. Harassment is another. Making sure actual humans don't get put through an autopruner is another big one.

Ultimately, I spend thousands running this place. I do not run this place for profit. There are no ads, the only thing we ask is that you make a bit of discussion. If this is too much to ask, what are you doing on a writing site?

Snark much? I have no problem whatsoever with contributing to a discussion. Your rules aren't going to stop harassment and trolls. Its just going to limit how often they can post. Anyway if you are spending thousands on this place, you are spending way too much. I could get the same thing for less than one hundred a month.

Obviously I want to write or I wouldn't be here. But this isn't a writing site, its a monkey hoop jumping site.

There's a linked announcement top left, looks like they had a load of shite come their way, so had to enact restrictions out of pragmatism.

Users can actually limit (Privacy account settings) who is able to view their own profile pages so to say there shouldn't be limits with that isn't good point to make.

Not everyone does and not everyone should have to. It's a day and three posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom