Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Anyone interested in a corruption/bad end game? (Homebrew System)

Morathor

Supernova
Hello! I'm looking for anywhere from three to six players, for an RP using my homebrew system, Despair and Desire! For a brief overview--it's a game based on Dungeons and Dragons fifth edition, largely simplified, and geared towards the characters being eventually defeated, captured, and raped. Currently, we are discussing more details in the OOC thread.

Plot and setting are negotiable; the system was written with typical sword and sorcery in mind, but adapting it to other genres will often be as simple as renaming stats or abilities--and maybe deciding which optional rules to use. However, rather than having players bring in new characters when their current ones are defeated, I'd like to do a game where defeated characters are corrupted and join the villains. So, it's less of an open ended game than I've run in this system before, more one with a specific endpoint in mind. (The defeat of a final villain, or the corruption of all heroes.)

I would be especially interested in trying this as a magical girl game, but it's not an absolute. I'm interested to hear other genres and plots if anyone else wants to pitch them, so long as they work on the same basic premise (bad ends and corruption).

Last edited:
Did you try to get a mercenary styled game going about a month ago? Why not just follow up with that?

That was about three months ago, and more than two since I was actively recruiting for it. That game also fills a completely different interest than this one, so it's not as though they're really interchangeable.

I enjoy bad ends and would be interested if the game is on site and I don't have to join another site to play.

The plan is to host the game onsite, but Blue Moon doesn't have a dice roller so we may need to use, say, a hamete server, or a discord.

Sure! I mean, that's assuming we can get enough players to get this thing off the ground. But between Jovial and Tenshi, we're well on our way to that...

Sounds like enough to get started then, even if a couple of folks change their minds. I will try to start work on an ooc thread later tonight but for now-I mentioned a magical girl plot setting; everyone good with that? Or does anyone have something else they'd like to suggest?

Back
Top Bottom